Perimeter Alarms & Trip Wires

3 posters

Go down

Perimeter Alarms & Trip Wires Empty Perimeter Alarms & Trip Wires

Post by ReadyMom Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:32 pm

Perimeter Alarm-Home Made

Simple, Low-Tech, High Security Perimeter Alarm
https://survivallife.com/diy-perimeter-alarm-for-home/

Let’s be honest with ourselves. How many times have we woken up in the middle of the night “hearing things?” It could be a raccoon, the neighbor’s cat or just a simple rush of the wind. Even the refrigerator makes scary noises.

Well, we have a quick fix. This super simple warning system takes no time at all to set up, and it uses mostly items you already have around the house. ---CONTINUED ---

Last edited by ReadyMom on Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Perimeter Alarms & Trip Wires Empty Re: Perimeter Alarms & Trip Wires

Post by ReadyMom Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:36 pm

How To Make A Glowstick Alarm
https://rside.org/glow-stick-perimeter-alarm/

Every Ranger needs to know how to defend his territory and keep the camp safe.  To protect the perimeter one can go with the traditional cans on a trip wire but what if you don’t want to make a whole lot of noise and you are keeping guard for the night?  What if you want to get a look at an animal approaching or you are in the middle of an intense game of nighttime capture the flag, paintball or ghost in the grave yard?

Here is the perfect solution:   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:00 am

I'm not a harbor freight representative, but I do purchase items from them. One item I purchased is a home wireless security alert system. The sensor is placed outside and the receiver is placed inside. They say they are good for up to a 400 yards detection, but the ones I have will be set at 100 yards. I have four that will be set up if things go south. I've tested them and they work for me.
With a coupon in the catalog, they are only $9.99 each.

What I did was I put duct tape on the speaker of each receiver, each speaker has a different width/length of duct tape so the alarm sounds different from the other, so I know which alarm is being activated:

https://www.harborfreight.com/wireless-security-alert-system-62447.html

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:27 pm

rick1 wrote:I'm not a harbor freight representative, but I do purchase items from them. One item I purchased is a home wireless security alert system.

But ... if the grid goes down then it will be useless, right? So you have alternate plans?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:34 pm

ReadyMom wrote:
rick1 wrote:I'm not a harbor freight representative, but I do purchase items from them. One item I purchased is a home wireless security alert system.

But ... if the grid goes down then it will be useless, right? So you have alternate plans?

ReadyMom, they're battery operated, one 9 volt and 3 C batteries. No power, no problem, as long as you have the batteries. I use the rechargeable batteries.

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:48 pm

rick1 wrote:
ReadyMom wrote:

ReadyMom, they're battery operated, one 9 volt and 3 C batteries. No power, no problem, as long as you have the batteries. I use the rechargeable batteries.

Good to know! I'll look into them. We have a small parcel of woods behind us, and it's always been a concern of mine. For that price, it sounds like it's worth getting.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:13 am

I'll look into that, too. We also have a small patch of woods behind us. Hunters manage to "get lost" in there all the time on private property, despite posted signs.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:30 pm

I'm going to pick up a couple more tomorrow on my way to camp, to put in my homemade faraday cage (50 cal ammo box).

One thing to remember if you put them next to the woods, falling leaves may/will set them off. I learned that from experience, also put them on a stake, high enough a rabbit and such doesn't set them off. I put mine on a stake about 2 feet off the ground, but deer still will set them off.

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:58 pm

DIY Perimeter Trip Wire Alarm

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:37 am

How To Install A Trip Wire Alarm On Your Property
https://www.askaprepper.com/how-to-install-a-tripwire-alarm-on-your-property/

Perimeter Alarms & Trip Wires How-To-Install-A-Tripwire-Alarm-On-Your-Property-5-890x395_c   (SNIP) ... A trip wire alarm is a basic security system that has been used during wars, hunting, and camping and now as a burglar deterrent. The most popular trip wire alarms are radio-frequency trip wire alarm, laser trip wire alarm, and direct trip wire alarm.

The direct trip wire alarm is the cheapest and easiest to set up.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:59 am

RAZOR WIRE: I found this while looking for a PTO generator. Somebody that has a group, may be interested in buying some:

https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/mad/d/razor-wire-free-shipping-nationwide-an/7052304136.html

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:28 am

Ingenious Traps You Can Set Up On Your Property To Catch Looters
https://www.askaprepper.com/ingenious-traps-you-can-set-up-on-your-property-to-catch-looters/

Perimeter Alarms & Trip Wires Ingenious-Traps-You-Can-Set-Up-On-Your-Property-To-Catch-Looters-0   (SNIP) ... In these tumultuous times, we have seen too many examples of riots, looting, and unrest sweep across the globe. Whether it be civil unrest, protests turned riots, or pandemic related panic many events can see the criminal element and looters at your property line.

In these cases, sometimes a good offense is the best defense, and having an early warning system in place can and will be the deciding factor in the security of your home. With a few items from around the house, you can build some tripwire triggers that will act as an early warning system to alert you to where intruders are entering your property.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:29 am

Booby Traps to Protect Your Home After SHTF
https://urbansurvivalsite.com/booby-traps-to-protect-your-home-after-shtf/

Perimeter Alarms & Trip Wires Ngcb11 (SNIP) ... We will go over some basic types of traps that are effective in home defense and provide you a large number of links to videos and literary sources that will help you create these traps on your own. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down