Drugs and their Uses

3 posters

Go down

Drugs and their Uses Empty Drugs and their Uses

Post by ReadyMom Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:22 pm

Found a good site to get info on some of the meds you may be stocking. Would be a good idea to copy info and keep it with your stuff stocked away.

Drugs and their Uses Ddc-logo-retina

https://www.drugs.com/

Drugs.com is the most popular, comprehensive and up-to-date source of drug information online. Providing free, peer-reviewed, accurate and independent data on more than 24,000 prescription drugs, over-the-counter medicines & natural products.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Drugs and their Uses Empty Re: Drugs and their Uses

Post by dmwalsh568 Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:57 pm

As well as printing out info on each drug you have access to, you might consider the Physician's Desk Reference (PDR) in case you run across some medications while the Internet is not available. It doesn't have all the articles the website has, but it has the full drug info sheet you'd get when purchasing your meds at a pharmacy and it has that info for every drug available in the US at the time of printing.

I bought the 2014 PDR a few years back for short money through Amazon's Marketplace as a used book, so those on a budget should consider prior editions. Right now the 2018 version is going for over $80 on Amazon, but the 2016 edition is less than half that, and the 2015 edition is less than $16.

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:56 pm

I have the 2016 edition of the PDR, I got it from the family doctor when he got his 2017 edition (free). We do a lot of hunting and fishing together. I also have hard copies printed off for each of my fish antibiotics I have stocked.

I also have the Survival Medicine Handbook by Dr. Bones and Nurse Amy that lists the most common fish antibiotics to stock in emergencies, dosage, when and how to use them. Have to take care of my tropical fish. This is a very good book, it has everything from pulling teeth to suturing wounds and everything in between.

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:45 am

Yeah I have the Survival Medicine Handbook and I've added his latest book to my wishlist: Alton's Antibiotics and Infectious Disease: The Layman's Guide to Available Antibacterials in Austere Settings

Hopefully Santa will deliver it, or I get an Amazon gift card from a relative...can't have too much info on how to use those fish medicines properly so my fish are healthy. Cool

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum