Caravan Heading to Border-OFFICIAL THREAD

4 posters

Go down

Caravan Heading to Border-OFFICIAL THREAD Empty Caravan Heading to Border-OFFICIAL THREAD

Post by ReadyMom Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:46 pm

I figured we're going to need this. Troops were sent to the border and I said from the very beginning that Patriots are going to go armed to the border too. Tonight I came across a clip about that very thing. I also heard on Glenn Beck (from a former special ops guy) that there are more than the 5,000 that are being reported going to be there. And I am pretty sure he also said some thing about their being armed. I'll go back and do a quick transcription, since I don't think I can share the video link.

This is a border disaster waiting to happen. And for the record ... yes ... I agree with sending the military down to guard our border. I just don't know how much they can do, if they are only there as a deterrent with more barriers, and other non-combative measures. Here's a clip from of couple of things I found:

The US is sending 5,000 troops to the border. Here’s what they can and can’t do.
https://www.vox.com/2018/10/29/18026646/military-border-caravan-immigrants-trump-caravan

They can fly aircraft and lend support, but they can’t detain anybody — and more may be coming.

President Donald Trump ordered an additional 5,200 troops to “harden” the US-Mexico border before the so-called caravan of migrants from Central America seeking asylum and a new life in the US arrives.

(snip)

Monday that 800 service members are already headed to Texas, with the remaining 4,400 arriving over the coming days. And on Wednesday, Trump indicated that the final total of troops may hover between 10,000 and 15,000.

The forces, deployed as part of “Operation Faithful Patriot,” will include military police, pilots, and engineers and will be in the area from November 5 to December 15. The goal is to “harden our ports of entry,” in California, Arizona, and Texas, Customs and Border Protection chief Kevin McAleenan said. Troops mostly will be stationed in bases there for training and deploy to the border when needed. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Caravan Heading to Border-OFFICIAL THREAD Empty Re: Caravan Heading to Border-OFFICIAL THREAD

Post by ReadyMom Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:55 pm

Well, that was quick. From 5,000 to up to 15,000 ...

Trump says he may send 15,000 troops to U.S.-Mexico border
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/ahead-of-midterm-elections-trump-says-he-may-send-15000-troops-to-us-mexico-border/2018/10/31/9e7740ec-dd4a-11e8-aa33-53bad9a881e8_story.html?utm_term=.7cfcf85e5273

President Trump said Wednesday that he would deploy as many as 15,000 military personnel to the border with Mexico in response to caravans of Central American migrants making their way northward, doubling the figure Pentagon officials have announced would be operating there.

“We’ll go up to anywhere between 10 and 15,000 military personnel on top of Border Control, ICE and everybody else at the border,” Trump said ....

(snip)

If the deployment reaches 15,000 troops, it would be roughly equivalent to the size of the U.S. military’s presence in Afghanistan and three times the size of the presence in Iraq. Already, the deployment is believed to be the largest of its kind in more than a century. ---CONTINUED---

Last edited by ReadyMom on Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Caravan Heading to Border-OFFICIAL THREAD Empty Re: Caravan Heading to Border-OFFICIAL THREAD

Post by ReadyMom Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:04 pm

Militia Offers to Help Stop Caravan Raise Concern at Border
https://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles/2018-10-26/militia-groups-say-they-will-help-stop-caravan-at-the-border

HOUSTON (AP) — Militia groups and far-right activists are raising money and announcing plans to head to the Mexican border to help stop the caravan of Central Americans, echoing President Donald Trump's attacks on the migrants making their way toward the U.S.

Exactly how many militia members will turn out is unclear, and as of Friday, ....

(snip)

But the prospect of armed civilians at the border — and the escalating political rhetoric over immigration — have fueled fears of vigilantism at a time when tensions are already running high because of the mail bomb attacks against some of Trump's critics.

The U.S. Border Patrol this week warned local landowners in Texas that it expects "possible armed civilians" to come onto their property because of the caravan. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:01 pm

Mattis, when asked if troop deployment to border is a stunt: 'We don't do stunts'
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mattis-when-asked-if-troop-deployment-to-border-is-a-stunt-we-dont-do-stunts

Defense Secretary Jim Mattis emphatically denied a reporter's suggestion Wednesday that the deployment of thousands of active-duty troops to the U.S.-Mexico border is part of a political stunt ahead of next week's midterm elections.

"We don't do stunts in this department. Thank you," Mattis told a reporter who posed the question after a Pentagon meeting ... ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:25 pm

This is my own transcript from the Glenn Beck Show that aired yesterday. It’s a snip from a larger program:

(Jason Buttrill, Former Intelligence Analyst for DoD): There are already 2000 national guardsmen down there. They just announced yesterday they’re sending … umm… 5,000 additonal troops down to the border. There’s also going to be an additional 7,000 on a 24-hour emergency uh-you know a back up, a call up, if we need them. So, we’re potentially looking at 14,000 people, if they need it, that could on the border. It’s vey significant. Not only that, Mattis has greenlit them to carry live ammunition, which I don’t think has ever happened before. I don’t think it happened in the Obama & Bush years, I don’t believe.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:13 am

If the illegal aliens reach the U.S. border and try to enter illegally, I think many will be injured or even worse. There are already armed militia members on the border and many more in route.

On another note, American taxpayers should be in an uproar over the cost of illegal immigration, some $70,000.00 per immigrant, that really ticks me off: devil

https://www.oann.com/each-illegal-immigrant-costs-70k-according-to-center-for-immigration-studies-report/

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:36 pm

Fox news just reported that there is a 4th caravan forming in Central America and the troops that are heading to the border could reach 15,000. I couldn't find anything on the net to verify Fox news report on the 4th caravan.

I'm glad I don't live anywhere close to the southern border Huh?Sign

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:15 am

Army assessment of migrant caravans undermines Trump’s rhetoric
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/army-assessment-of-migrant-caravans-undermines-trumps-rhetoric/2018/11/02/78b9d82a-dec0-11e8-b3f0-62607289efee_story.html?fbclid=IwAR39byX377fbAVMdSeEMDRZgd8DXd5lFOVwtyvHR9O2J-ljS4wxXXCeuSmU&utm_term=.a5e93b85b9ba

Military planners anticipate that only a small percentage of Central American migrants traveling in the caravans President Trump characterizes as “an invasion” will reach the U.S. border, even as a force of more than 7,000 active-duty troops mobilizes to prevent them from entering the United States.

According to military planning documents, about 20 percent of the roughly 7,000 migrants traveling through Mexico are likely to complete the journey. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:17 am

U.S. militia groups head to border, stirred by Trump’s call to arms
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/us-militia-groups-head-to-border-stirred-by-trumps-call-to-arms/2018/11/03/ff96826c-decf-11e8-b3f0-62607289efee_story.html?utm_term=.d7f65a8e04a9

FALFURRIAS, Tex. — Gun-carrying civilian groups and border vigilantes have heard a call to arms in President Trump’s warnings about threats to American security posed by caravans of Central American migrants moving through Mexico. They’re packing coolers and tents, oiling rifles and tuning up aerial drones, with plans to form caravans of their own and trail American troops to the border.

“We’ll observe and report, and offer aid in any way we can,” said Shannon McGauley, a bail bondsman in the Dallas suburbs who is president of the Texas Minutemen. McGauley said he was preparing to head for the Rio Grande in coming days.

“We’ve proved ourselves before, and we’ll prove ourselves again,” he said.  

(snip) The Texas Minutemen, according to McGauley, have 100 volunteers en route to the Rio Grande who want to help stop the migrants, with more likely on the way.---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:39 am

I don't think you can hold these folks back. I don't think they will hesitate to raise their weapon, if they feel their country is threatened. They say they are going to 'support', but I can't help but wonder how far that 'support' will go.

It’s mostly men in that caravan. They didn’t come all this way to be turned back. Many have said their goal: to get INTO the United States. Think they will easily turn around, once right there, at the border?

Testosterone will be raised at a confrontation.

All it takes is ONE, on the caravan’s side to break through our border, at these protected sites, to empower other caravan members to follow … just as it will take only ONE rogue shot from a militiaman to have others raise their weapons, too against those who cross.

I don't know how effective our military, who are there to 'defend' our border, will be as a deterrent for those who are coming across no matter what.

This is currently a border war waiting to happen.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:32 pm

This is so upsetting for me to be following. I have family in Harlingen. Our son played soccer 2017-18 in McAllen TX, only about 1/2 hour away. We spent a lot of time in that area. I need to call my family to hear what's happening first-hand, instead of reading.  Sad

US troops lay down barbed wire along border ahead of caravan
https://nypost.com/2018/11/03/us-troops-lay-down-barbed-wire-along-border-ahead-of-caravan/

As three separate migrant caravans slowly made their way north through Mexico on Saturday, newly arrived US troops worked to lay a barbed-wire fence along the Texas side of the Rio Grande.

The soldiers worked with US Customs and Border Patrol officers to lay about 1,000 feet of fencing along the river, the Defense Department said. The makeshift barrier was installed underneath the McAllen-Hidalgo International Bridge, which crosses into Mexico. The overpass is in the small town of Hidalgo, about 250 miles south of San Antonio.  ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:32 am

Migrant caravan plows on despite facing border bottleneck after Trump tightens asylum rules
https://www.foxnews.com/us/migrant-caravan-faces-border-bottleneck-as-trump-administration-tightens-asylum-rules

A major shot across the bow from President Trump on Thursday may give migrants in the Central American caravan second thoughts about entering the U.S.

The caravan, numbering roughly 6,000, spent one more night in Mexico City before continuing north to Queretaro.

However, in a statement issued jointly by the DHS and DOJ, the administration said migrants will not be allowed to enter the U.S. illegally to file asylum claims, which is how the vast majority of roughly 150,000 Central American families and children entered the U.S. last fiscal year.

Instead, they will be required to enter through official ports of entry, like those near San Diego, Yuma and El Paso. By issuing the new directive, the President is creating a bottleneck by funneling tens of thousands of illegal immigrants to already overcrowded ports.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:24 am

President Trump just signed that executive order on the illegals entering the U.S. via the ports of entry. He calls it catch and deport if caught entering the U.S. illegally.

As far as the armed militia, I think somebody is going to get trigger happy, just because they, like many Americans, are getting fed up with it, including me.

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:15 am

Some of the illegal immigrants are now camped in Tijuana, Mexico and the Tijuana citizens aren't very happy, they're starting to clash with the illegals:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/migrant-caravan-faces-cold-welcome-few-options-us-215303749.html

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:24 am

I have family just 30 min or so from the border, in Harlingen TX. My husband's brother married someone who grew up down there and so has been living there for over 25 years. This is what my SIL wrote to me:

Ok, now we saw National Guard troops!! They have set up a temporary Army base about 35 miles from here. Lots of army tents, canopies, trucks, bulldozers, machinery, etc.  They even put up a temporary clinic/hospital. Good lord, it seems they are preparing for war!!  . . . I understand there are more temporary Army bases that going up.  Wow!!!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:19 pm

Women and children are starting to disappear from the caravan, nowhere to be found:

https://theconversation.com/dozens-of-migrants-disappear-in-mexico-as-central-american-caravan-pushes-northward-106287

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:37 pm

Migrant caravan faces opposition from angry Tijuana residents
https://www.foxnews.com/world/angry-tijuana-residents-clash-with-migrant-caravan

In blunt contrast to the warm reception thousands of migrants received as they made the arduous journey through Central America to Mexico – getting food donations and well wishes from locals – the nearly 3,000 people who reached the Mexican border with California in recent days have been met with marked hostility.   ---CONTINUED--

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:00 am

Another caravan from Salvador being bused to the U.S. border and Tijuana residents are becoming more irritated towards the illegals:

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/salvadoran-migrant-caravan-forms-hundreds-wait-u-mexico-183023754.html

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:49 pm

The U.S., shut down the border crossing for a several hours today in order to put barriers up and cut traffic to just 2 lanes that enter the U.S. from Mexico. They also closed one of the two pedestrian crossings.

This President  Temper  is not putting up with any BS from illegal immigration. The Tijuana residents are going wild:

https://www.foxnews.com/world/us-closes-busiest-mexico-border-crossing-for-several-hours

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:07 pm

Good for him Dancing Yellow sometimes I think he is to easily baited into saying things and he is not smart enough to keep his mouth shut ,but all in all I think he is doing a pretty good job

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:33 am

President Trump threatens to shut down the southern border, entire southern border, if the illegal immigrants get out of hand or if Mexico can't handle them.

He also authorized the military to use deadly force to protect border patrol agents and themselves from bodily harm.

One thing that holds true about this President, he talks the talk and walks the walk, until the 9th circus court shuts him down.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-threatens-to-shut-down-whole-border-with-mexico-if-immigration-becomes-uncontrollable

Back to top Go down

Caravan Heading to Border-OFFICIAL THREAD Empty Caravan Heading to Border-OFFICIAL THREAD

Post by ReadyMom Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:04 pm

And so it begins:

Tear gas deployed, tension high after hundreds of caravan migrants rush toward US port of entry

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mexico-denies-deal-with-white-house-on-migrants-as-trump-threatens-to-close-entire-border
Sent from Topic'it App

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:19 pm

I'm sure the mainstream media will be blowing this all out of proportion since the illegals are using woman and children as a shield, sounds like something ISIS would do and has done.

The American people are tired of paying for illegal immigration, that includes me. This is just the beginning to a terrible end, as I see lead flying, not so much from the border patrol, but from regular U.S. citizens. Because congress, whose approval rating is at 13%, won't do anything about immigration regulation or securing the border, I can see all devil  breaking loose pretty soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:46 pm

I think nothing less than we are looking at the early stages of a Border War.  

From above:

Tear gas was being fired from the U.S. side of the border after some migrants threw what appeared to be rocks at U.S. authorities. Children were screaming and coughing in the mayhem.

“Earlier this month, President Trump said that troops stationed at the border would treat thrown rocks like "firearms."

"We're not going to put up with that," the president said. "They want to throw rocks at our military, our military fights back. I told them to consider it a rifle. When they throw rocks, like they did at the Mexico military and police, I said, consider it a rifle."’

Sent from Topic'it App

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:42 am

Big time health issues plaguing over a third of the illegal immigrants at the southern border. This is what may be entering the U.S.: Sign-Worried

https://www.foxnews.com/world/caravan-migrants-suffer-from-respiratory-infections-tuberculosis-chickenpox-other-health-issues-tijuana-government-says

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:07 am

Here's the latest update from Fox news on the caravan at the U.S. border:

https://www.foxnews.com/world/caravan-migrants-breach-us-border-amid-anger-from-slow-asylum-seeking-process

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:58 pm

As one of the resident Bible Followers on here, I have to point out that these so called "Faith Leaders" are at least in error, and possibly engaged in heresy.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/dozens-of-faith-leaders-arrested-at-san-diego-love-knows-no-borders-protest
SAN DIEGO – U.S. authorities Monday arrested 32 faith leaders marching in California toward the Mexican border during a protest organized by a Quaker group. One activist was charged with assaulting an officer and remains in custody.
This is lawlessness, not love.
These people are engaged in hate,
hate towards the citizens of this country.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:34 pm

Here's an article on the diseases that are being brought into the U.S. because of immigrants crossing the southern border illegally:

https://www.creators.com/read/walter-williams/08/18/immigrants-and-disease

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:36 pm

So, basically, as was pointed out in another thread
https://emergencyhomeprep.forumotion.com/t345-ebola-general-news-updates
the political LEFT is engaged in a crude form of biological warfare,
or at least "playing chicken," with the citizens of the US.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:34 am

Another caravan that started out with approximately 500 immigrants has now grown to 2,000, I believe, if they make it to the U.S., they should all be put on a bus and driven to San Francisco so Pelosi can house them:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/i-have-to-try-new-migrant-caravan-leaves-honduras-and-heads-for-the-united-states/2019/01/15/db7240c8-183c-11e9-b8e6-567190c2fd08_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.dd1685bfc5f5

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sun May 16, 2021 5:03 pm

Dave58

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down