Food Storage Solutions

Go down

Food Storage Solutions Empty Food Storage Solutions

Post by ReadyMom Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:04 pm

LONG-TERM STORAGE METHODS FOR DRY FOODS
(Storage for longer than 5 years)
http://www.simplyprepared.com/long-term_storage_methods.htm

To prepare dry (10% or less moisture) food for long-term storage, oxygen should be removed from or replaced in containers. There are four kinds of containers that can be used:
1. #10 metal cans
2. Heavy mylar pouches
3. Glass canning jars
4. HDPE plastic buckets

All four kinds of containers should be stored in a cool, dry and dark environment for the longest shelf-life. . . . .

Enamel lined #10 metal cans are filled with . . .

Heavy mylar pouches are filled with . . . .

Glass canning jars are filled with   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Food Storage Solutions Empty Re: Food Storage Solutions

Post by ReadyMom Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:04 pm

SHORT-TERM STORAGE METHODS FOR DRY FOODS
(Storage for less than 5 years)
http://www.simplyprepared.com/short-ter ... ethods.htm

Short-term storage methods for dry foods (10% or less moisture) limit oxygen exposure and protect from moisture and insects. There are three kinds of containers that can be used:
1. Glass canning jars
2. PETE bottles
3. HDPE plastic buckets

All three kinds of containers should be stored in a cool, dry and dark environment for the longest shelf life. . . ..

Glass canning jars are filled with . . . .

Clean, dry plastic PETE (polyethylene terephthalate) bottles are filled with . . . .

Food grade HDPE plastic buckets are a convenient way to store dry food in its original wrapping and to store dry food that is used often. The atmosphere of the bucket does not need to be changed for short-term storage.

Foods that are used within 5 years can be kept in . . . . .

Bulk foods that are used often can also be stored in ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:07 pm

Safe Plastics For Food and Drink
http://modernsurvivalblog.com/preps/safe-plastics-for-food-and-drink/

Make an educated decision about which plastics that that come in contact with your food or drink. Look for the Recycle symbol and read the number located inside the symbol. The following list indicates what is generally considered safe versus not safe. ---CONTINUED---

Includes:

Plastics that are generally considered safe for food and drinkRisky plastics that may leach or have hazardous ingredientsCommon single use water bottle or soft drink containerTypical 5 gallon food storage containers

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:13 pm

STORAGE CONTAINERS
https://thesurvivalmom.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/LDS-Preparedness-Manual.pdf

Pages 81-84

Includes:
    WHAT IS FOOD GRADE PACKAGING?
    WHERE DO I FIND FOOD GRADE CONTAINERS?
    PLASTIC PACKAGING
    METAL CANS
    PREVENTING EXTERIOR CORROSION OF CANNED GOODS
    GLASS JARS

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:14 pm

How is your food storage organized?
http://eatingfoodstorage.blogspot.com/2010/02/how-is-your-food-storage-organized.html

Ok, so people ask me all the time how I organize my food storage so I'm posting a not-so-brief overview. Let me just start with a disclaimer about myself though. I am a highly organized person. Seriously. Almost to the point of it being a clinical sickness. I literally have lists of my lists. However, I think that the system I have is very user friendly and could be adapted and used by anyone.

First of all, I don't know if any of you have ever seen a year's worth of food for 8 people but it is a TREMENDOUS amount of food, and I do not live in a large house, nor do I have a basement, attic, large closets, or even a walk in pantry. I realized early on that I would have to make some sacrifices to get that much food into the house. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:47 am

How To Store Six Months of Food When You Only Have Space for One
http://www.askaprepper.com/store-six-months-food-space-one/

One of the biggest issues people run into with their preparedness food storage is a lack of space. They simply don’t have enough room to keep all the food that they’ll need in the event of an emergency, leaving them feeling underprepared.

Space may seem like one of the biggest barriers to your food storage goals, but it doesn’t necessarily have to be. Whether you live in an apartment, a small house, or even a camper, there are plenty of ways you can squeeze in more food storage so that your family can be prepared if worse comes to worst.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:15 am

Food Storage Systems - Where to Put it All?
http://asurvivalplan.com/2011/12/26/food-storage-systems/

Finding a place to store your preps can be a problem. Most homes are not designed to store the quantity of food, gear and equipment that a serious Prepper would like to have. Here are a few ideas to get you started, and maybe knock loose a few ideas you didn’t know you had.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon May 04, 2020 8:50 pm

For Information on Can Rotation Systems go here:

Can Rotation Systems

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down