Can Rotation Systems

4 posters

Go down

Can Rotation Systems Empty Can Rotation Systems

Post by ReadyMom Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:16 pm

A Way to Rotate Your Canned Food: Cansolidator Review
http://apartmentprepper.com/?p=501

I’m not a paid sponsor, just reviewing the item since I have never used a food rotation item before. As you know, I am always on the hunt for an efficient way to store our supplies, since we are always so short on space in our apartment.

We finally decided on a spot to place it and were ready to assemble the Cansolidator.

-SNIP-

The instructions are pretty simple and I was starting to assemble it when ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Can Rotation Systems Empty Re: Can Rotation Systems

Post by ReadyMom Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:21 pm

My homemade 1000+/- capacity can rotator
https://www.homesteadingtoday.com/threads/my-homemade-1000-capacity-can-rotator.377225/

Can Rotation Systems Proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fakita.net%2Fprep%2FrotatorI was getting tired of tripping over boxes of cans from all of the sales we have had so i decided to build my own can rotator. It will hold about a 1000 cans or more depending on how you set it up and sizes of cans you set it up for. Using standard veggie cans ...   ---CONTINUED---

Last edited by ReadyMom on Mon May 11, 2020 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:28 pm

DIY Rotating Canned Food System
https://www.homeandgardeningideas.com/do-it-yourself-rotating-canned-food-system/

Can Rotation Systems DIY-Rotating-Canned-Food-SystemStoring canned food in your kitchen cabinets is an inefficient use of space and you will often find old cans in the back that have been there for years. This easy-to-build shelf system will solve the problem by rotating the cans. The cost is a small fraction of the price of retail canned food systems. There are many variations, so modify the plans to suit your needs and abilities.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Can Rotation Systems Empty can rotation

Post by ReadyMom Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:38 pm

Pantry Storage Shelves with 1000 Can Food Rotation

Admin

TRex2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:16 am

I splurged on the Harvest 72 from ThriveLife some years back and it's been an awesome tool to keep my food rotation working properly. I used to throw away unsafe cans every few years as I managed to miss a section of my shelving when using my canned goods. Since I got it, I haven't had to toss any cans out. Love Eyes

I customized my unit with all small rack slots since I was more worried about my everyday can storage than my #10 or #2.5 cans. I also bought lots of extra slot dividers so I could fill in every last bit of space with a mix of tuna cans, Campbell soup sized cans, Progresso soup sized cans, etc. A bit pricey, but I figure that I've saved almost that much by not having to toss out bad cans.

Great option for folks who aren't handy to build their own. I just liked the solid metal frame since I knew how much weight I was going to be sliding into those slots.... Shocked

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon May 04, 2020 9:03 pm

DIY Rotating Canned Food System
https://www.homeandgardeningideas.com/do-it-yourself-rotating-canned-food-system/

Can Rotation Systems DIY-Rotating-Canned-Food-System   Storing canned food in your kitchen cabinets is an inefficient use of space and you will often find old cans in the back that have been there for years. This easy-to-build shelf system will solve the problem by rotating the cans. The cost is a small fraction of the price of retail canned food systems. There are many variations, so modify the plans to suit your needs and abilities. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon May 11, 2020 10:40 am

Slanted Shelf Pattern for Canned Food Rotation
https://intelligentlivingpoes.wordpress.com/2010/02/01/slanted-shelf-pattern-for-canned-food-rotation/

How to Make a Slanted Shelf Unit for Canned Food  Rotation for about $200

Can Rotation Systems Shelves-160   Slanted shelves are a space-efficient method for both storing and rotating canned foods. Some commercial systems allow the cans to be fed and retrieved from the same end of the shelves (the cans roll toward the back of the shelf drop down to a lower slanted shelf and roll forward). The shelf pattern provided here requires access to both the front and back ends of the shelf (or left and right if you face the side of the shelf). Cans are fed from one end and roll to the other for retrieval. The pattern provided here was adapted from a slanted shelf pattern written by Tom H.  The original design was for a shelf 48”x22”x72”. My available space was a little narrower and a little taller. I had about 5’ of space. Click on pictures for close-up. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

TRex2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:52 am

How to Build Your Own Wall Hanging Can Rotator
https://www.askaprepper.com/how-to-build-your-own-wall-hanging-can-rotator/

Can Rotation Systems 21.0 As you probably know, two of the biggest problems with having a long-term can stockpile are:

1. Keeping track of which cans expire first;

2. Having enough storage space for all your cans.

This I think, takes care of both. This is the smaller version of the can rotator that you get as a bonus when you buy The Lost Ways. Here’s how I built my Wall-Hanging Can Rotator that can hold up to 100 cans. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:31 am

I wish I had built one of those 1000 capacity, slanted shelf, can organizers, a couple years ago, when I was moving in. The little vertical ones on the wall just don't have enough capacity.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:17 pm

The bulk of our stuff is in jars , but I have seen these on you tube before

Dave58

TRex2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:02 pm

Dave58 wrote:The bulk of our stuff is in jars , but I have seen these on you tube before
It would not be that hard to modify it to deal with jars, but you would need a bit more slope, and slide them down the slope. Then, at the bottom, make each shelf slightly shorter than the one below it, so you can put a good guard rail at the end and still be able to lift the jars over it. Getting the initial load into it without them falling over would be tricky. Maybe load from the bottom.

My problem is that I would have to completely remodel my pantry, and I don't have the energy to do that. At least not right now.

TRex2

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:20 pm

TRex2 wrote:
Dave58 wrote:The bulk of our stuff is in jars , but I have seen these on you tube before
It would not be that hard to modify it to deal with jars, but you would need a bit more slope, and slide them down the slope.  Then, at the bottom, make each shelf slightly shorter than the one below it, so you can put a good guard rail at the end and still be able to lift the jars over it. Getting the initial load into it without them falling over would be tricky. Maybe load from the bottom.

My problem is that I would have to completely remodel my pantry, and I don't have the energy to do that. At least not right now.  

I'm in the same boat I don't want to remodel the pantry and most days it feels like my get up and go has got up and went...

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down