Bug Bites (Including Spider Bites & Bee Stings)

Go down

Bug Bites (Including Spider Bites & Bee Stings) Empty Bee Stings . . . .

Post by ReadyMom Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:51 pm

How to Treat a Bee Sting
https://www.artofmanliness.com/articles/treat-bee-sting/

To be fair to bees, most stings are carried out by vespids, a classification of insects that includes things like wasps, yellow jackets, and hornets. While they look like bees, vespids are far more aggressive and don’t have the common decency to produce something delicious, like honey, as a means of making up for their brutish behavior.

Even though bees and vespids are thought of as summertime nuisances, the likelihood of stings actually goes up in early fall. At this time of year, . . . ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Bug Bites (Including Spider Bites & Bee Stings) Empty Re: Bug Bites (Including Spider Bites & Bee Stings)

Post by ReadyMom Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:54 pm

Home Remedies for Bee Stings: What Works?
https://www.healthline.com/health/outdoor-health/home-remedies-for-bee-stings

What happens when a bee stings you?

For most people, a bee sting is just a nuisance.

You may experience temporary sharp pain, swelling, redness, warmth, and itching at the sting site, but no serious complications.

If you’re allergic to bees, or you get stung multiple times, bee stings can be more problematic. They can even be life-threatening.

When a honeybee stings you, its stinger is released into your skin. This ultimately kills the honeybee.

Honeybees are the only type of bee that die after they sting. Wasps and other species don’t lose their stingers. They may sting you more than once.

If a bee stings you, it leaves a behind a venomous toxin that can cause pain and other symptoms. Some people are allergic to this toxin.

Mild allergic reactions may cause extreme redness and increased swelling at the sting site.

Severe allergic reactions may cause:  . . . .

(snip) . . . Unless you’re allergic to bees or experiencing signs of a severe allergic reaction, you can treat most bee stings at home. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Bug Bites (Including Spider Bites & Bee Stings) Empty Bug Bites (Including Spider Bites & Bee Stings)

Post by ReadyMom Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:25 pm

Spider Bite? Here’s How To Treat It
https://survivallife.com/tips-identifying-treating-spider-bites-with-pictures/?utm_source=sl&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=slnl20171130&utm_content=p8

Spider bites can be deadly and painful. It is important to be able to recognize spider bite symptoms quickly after they appear and to be prepared to treat them. Starting spider bite treatment immediately can make all the difference. By learning how to recognize spider bites and reading a little advice, you can be way ahead in the event you get bit.   ---CONTINUED---

Includes:

How a Spider Bite Might Happen    How to Recognize a Deadly Spider Bite    Evaluate the Pain    Look at the Skin Damage    How to Treat a Spider Bite    Don’t Panic – It’s Just a Spider Bite

Admin

Back to top Go down

Bug Bites (Including Spider Bites & Bee Stings) Empty Re: Bug Bites (Including Spider Bites & Bee Stings)

Post by ReadyMom Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:46 pm

15 Home Remedies for Bug Bites and Stings – For Mosquito Bites & More
https://commonsensehome.com/home-remedies-for-bug-bites-and-stings/

Bug Bites (Including Spider Bites & Bee Stings) Mosquito-bite-treatment      (SNIP)   I accidentally grabbed a yellowjacket while moving plant trays around in my cold frame. I never even saw the critter, as it was hiding under the lip of a plant tray, but within a fraction of a second I had pounding, stabbing pain shooting through my fingertip. I scooted over to the garden to grab some plant medicine, and went inside to lick my wounds and share the “fun” with the folks on the Common Sense Home Facebook page. So many people chimed in with their own home remedies for bug bites and stings that I decided to put together a post to share them all, plus some tips of my own.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:18 am

Survival Medicine: Insect Bites and Stings
https://www.backdoorsurvival.com/survival-medicine-insects-and-bites/

Bug Bites (Including Spider Bites & Bee Stings) Insect-Bites-and-Stings (SNIP) ... Whether it is a spider bite, a bee sting, a wasp sting, or some other insect sting, being prepared and knowing what to do should be part of your overall preparedness and wellness plan. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:03 pm

7 Home Remedies for Healing Spider Bites
https://survivallife.com/7-home-remedies-for-spider-bites/

Bug Bites (Including Spider Bites & Bee Stings) Black-brown-spider-spider-bites-Feature-ss

The symptoms of spider bites may be visible as soon as possible, to several days or even weeks. You will want to avoid getting bitten by a spider at all costs since it may spell doom if it’s the deadlier kind. Thus, here are 7 tips on how to treat spider bites at home. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down