Eggs-How to Freeze or Dehydrate

3 posters

Go down

Eggs-How to Freeze or Dehydrate Empty Eggs-How to Freeze or Dehydrate

Post by ReadyMom Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:29 am

Eggs-How to Freeze or Dehydrate C649cc54-1b44-4531-b148-c87eeaa2ec19_zpsitcjopjk

How to Freeze or Dehydrate Eggs
https://proverbsthirtyonewoman.blogspot.com/2012/05/how-to-dehydrate-or-freeze-eggs.html#.XAqeISdRffZ

Eggs-How to Freeze or Dehydrate IMG_1575  Although backyard-fresh eggs last for months in the refrigerator (and store bought eggs at least one month in the fridge), there are a few reasons you might want to preserve eggs for later use. If you have backyard chickens, you may find you're getting more eggs than your family (and neighbors!) can eat. I do recommend keeping them for when the chickens are molting and not producing many eggs, but eventually you may run out of refrigerator space. If you buy store bought eggs, learning to preserve eggs also allows you to take advantage of great sales. And with preserved eggs in the pantry or freezer, you'll always have a back up when you run out of fresh.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Eggs-How to Freeze or Dehydrate Empty Re: Eggs-How to Freeze or Dehydrate

Post by ReadyMom Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:37 am

Using Dried Eggs: A Tutorial
https://thesurvivalmom.com/how-use-dried-eggs-tutorial/

Eggs-How to Freeze or Dehydrate Dried-Eggs- Dehydrated and freeze-dried foods are among the easiest foods around for both everyday cooking and long-term food storage. One handy item in that category is dried eggs and knowing how to use them is important.

At first glance, a pouch or can of this powdery substance may not be very appealing, but I can recommend it for so many different reasons. Here are just a few: ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:39 am

How To Dehydrate Eggs
https://www.backdoorsurvival.com/how-to-dehydrate-eggs/

Eggs-How to Freeze or Dehydrate IMG_0250-scaled   (SNIP) ... with any food preservation method, there is some risk, at least in part due to human error.

That being said, you are dehydrating eggs at your own risk. The quality, method, and storage practices you choose are not in my control. Sorry that I have to say this disclaimer but it is what I have to do to tell you about something a lot of people choose to do. If you are really worried then I advise trying out some of the other methods ...   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

rick1 and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:54 am

Has anybody here tried dehydrating eggs??

How did they turn out ??

CartoonHen

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:11 am

Dave58 wrote:Has anybody here tried dehydrating eggs??

How did they turn out ??

CartoonHen

No Dave, not me, never tried it. I ate too many powdered eggs while I was in the Corps and believe me, unless you're drunk, they don't taste good but you can add them as an ingredient. Found these for ya:

https://www.wikihow.com/Dehydrate-Eggs-for-Powdered-Eggs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hce5etg9XBo

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:54 am

I think, for those of us don't live on a far, we should probably refresh this egg lesson and give it a go, due to the coming food shortage & bird flu. Well over 3 million birds culled, in our state of PA and NO poultry sales allowed in Maryland, now.

(In comments: 1 Egg=. 2T powder to 3T of water.  Give it a few minutes to fully rehydrate.  Because they are still raw they must be cooked with care (salmonella) to 160 degrees. )

Here's a video tutorial:

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:53 pm

We normally freeze about 10 dozen eggs to last through winter since chickens really hate winter and don't like laying eggs.

All we do is beat up a bunch of eggs, pour them in ice cube trays and place in the freezer. Once they are frozen, we take them out of the ice cube tray and put them in freezer bags. Use them as you would a scrambled egg.

We also freeze whole eggs, make sure you break the yellow or they will burst. We put 2 eggs in a sandwich bag, tie it off, and put those bags in a freezer bag. CartoonHen

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:53 pm

rick1 wrote:We also freeze whole eggs, make sure you break the yellow or they will burst. We put 2 eggs in a sandwich bag, tie it off, and put those bags in a freezer bag. CartoonHen
Can you use them like fresh eggs… sunny side up when they are thawed.

Admin

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:17 pm

ReadyMom wrote:
rick1 wrote:We also freeze whole eggs, make sure you break the yellow or they will burst. We put 2 eggs in a sandwich bag, tie it off, and put those bags in a freezer bag. CartoonHen
Can you use them like fresh eggs… sunny side up when they are thawed.

Yep, we do, sunny side up, but remember, you have to brake the yellow before you freeze them or they may burst while in the bag and the sandwich bag may tare, then you got a mess.

ReadyMom and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:08 pm

Here Are the Best Ways to Use Up Frozen Eggs
https://www.thekitchn.com/good-question-what-to-do-with-2-74352

Eggs-How to Freeze or Dehydrate K%2Farchive%2Fafbca8b2b23b6acfbca4043addf356c62f9ce9a0 (SNIP) .... Freezing eggs is a smart move that saves money and prevents food waste. The tricky part can be what happens later — just how do you use frozen eggs? The good news is that, for the most part, frozen eggs can be used in many of the same ways you’d use fresh eggs. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:11 pm

Can You Freeze Scrambled Eggs? Here’s How To Do It
https://tasteinsight.com/can-you-freeze-scrambled-eggs/

Eggs-How to Freeze or Dehydrate Eggs-Are-Nutritious Some people may roll their eyes when you ask them “can you freeze scrambled eggs?”. Asking your friend about it may not be the best idea. But the good thing is, you can google it! Are you surprised many people have asked it too? Your question is valid, and yes, you can freeze scrambled eggs! ---CONTINUED---

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:19 pm

ReadyMom likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: