Toilets-Buckets & Other Portable Options

Go down

Toilets-Buckets & Other Portable Options Empty Toilets-Buckets & Other Portable Options

Post by ReadyMom Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:51 am

DIY Emergency Toilet
https://blog.foodinsurance.com/diy-emergency-toilet/

Toilets-Buckets & Other Portable Options Busness-Bucket1-793x449   A natural disaster has just occurred and the sewer line is broken. What do you do? Are you prepared? The kids really need to use the potty. Where are they going to do go?  You can make a simple emergency bucket with a 5-gallon bucket and some trash bags. Ideally, you should have two separate buckets one for urine and one for feces. Keeping them separate will cut down on the smell.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Toilets-Buckets & Other Portable Options Empty Re: Toilets-Buckets & Other Portable Options

Post by ReadyMom Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:55 am

Portable Toilets --- PDF File

Bureau of Land Management, River Station at Minam
http://www.blm.gov/or/resources/recreation/files/brochures/portable_toilets.pdf

Popular outdoor destinations attract higher numbers of visitors, and receive more impact to the surrounding natural resources. This can lead to concentrations of human waste and other refuse, which pollutes the environment and presents a serious human health hazard. Left unchecked, these conditions may force land managers to restrict access, or implement user regulations designed to protect the natural resources and enhance public health and safety.

Public restroom facilities are not always available, especially in remote areas. Visitors to some public lands may be required by law to carry a portable toilet system for the removal of human waste. Portable toilets (also called “pack it out” toilets) are already familiar to many outdoor enthusiasts, including river rafters, sea kayakers, rock climbers, backpackers, and others. Any visitor to the public lands can help improve their favorite destinations by carrying and using a portable toilet system as a routine part of their outdoor activities.

Portable toilet systems are now available in a variety of designs, to accommodate a wide range of outdoor activities. With a little research and preparation, you will be able to select a toilet system that is right for your activity and group size. --- continued at link above ---

Includes:
   Types of Portable Toilets
   Toilet Tips and Waste Disposal
   Portable Toilet Links

Admin

Back to top Go down

Toilets-Buckets & Other Portable Options Empty Re: Toilets-Buckets & Other Portable Options

Post by ReadyMom Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:59 pm

I've known about the bucket system, but this is the first I'm seeing 'Twin' buckets.

Twin-Bucket Emergency Toilet
https://preparednessmama.com/emergency-toilet/

Toilets-Buckets & Other Portable Options Twin-Bucket-Emergency-Toilet   (SNIP) ... This twin-bucket system is another alternative – one that makes disposal of your waste easier and more sanitary. ---CONTiNUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:11 pm

Sanitation in the City: What To Do When the Toilet Won’t Flush
https://www.theorganicprepper.com/sanitation-in-the-city-what-to-do-when-the-toilet-wont-flush/

Toilets-Buckets & Other Portable Options What-To-Do-When-the-Toilet-Will-Not-Flush (SNIP) ... As a former city prepper, I’ve been through a few situations during which our toilets were inoperable due to a local disaster. Luckily, I had the supplies on hand to create a kitty litter box for people, so my children and I were able to stay in the safety of our home without risking illness due to poor sanitation. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:50 am

DIY Portable Toilet, Plus Tips to Get Rid of Smells
https://commonsensehome.com/diy-portable-toilet/

Toilets-Buckets & Other Portable Options DIY-porta-potty I wish our first experience with a “luggable loo” had been somewhere fun like a camping trip, but unfortunately when we needed an “Emergency Relief System” (ERS) as they’re called, it really was an emergency. Our toilet would not flush and there was nowhere else to go.

(SNIP) ... With the advice from a friend (xx), access to the internet, plus a little knowledge, we were able to make a safe, temporary (still using it days after the storm due to high water levels, ugh) Emergency Relief System AKA Bucket Porta Potty. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:37 am

The Urban Survival Toilet
https://urbansurvivalsite.com/urban-survival-toilet/

Toilets-Buckets & Other Portable Options Ngcb11 (SNIP) ... If you have a source of water nearby such as a stream or lake, you could haul buckets of water back to your house and use it to flush your toilets. But if you don’t have such a source, you’ll want to save every drop of water you have for drinking, which means you’ll need an alternative to your toilet. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down