Preparedness Questions to Ask Yourself

2 posters

Go down

Preparedness Questions to Ask Yourself Empty Re: Preparedness Questions to Ask Yourself

Post by ReadyMom Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:09 pm

Stubborn and starving
http://survivalprepdotnet.blogspot.com/2010/03/stubborn-and-starving-danger-of-not.html

Excerpt:

-snip-

Why be prudent now when the government can provide for us later?

Why scrimp and save and buy things that are useful when buying that Chinese-made plasma-screen TV will do more to stimulate the (Chinese) economy?

Why buy extra food and build up a substantial reserve pantry when we can rest assured that, no matter what, food will ALWAYS be available at the grocery store? (except when snowstorms, strikes, food riots, crop failures or other disasters strike)

-snip-

Or to look at it another way, what good is it to have a 24-hour grocery store nearby if their shelves are empty? SOMEBODY obviously bought food and emptied the shelves, so why weren’️t you among them?

Because they're open 24/7. You didn't "need" to go to the grocery store when you should've gone, just in case. Now you'e hungry.

But because the store is open 24/7, I'm sure they'll have something on the shelves.  ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Preparedness Questions to Ask Yourself Empty Re: Preparedness Questions to Ask Yourself

Post by oldasrocks Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:54 pm

Ya mean I need to take down the mirror over my bed?
oldasrocks
oldasrocks

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed May 15, 2019 4:56 pm

What do I Prepare for?
http://captaindaves.com/guide/survival-guide-chapter-1/

Before you can prepare, you must decide what you are preparing for.  Sound simple? Well, it can be – if you are preparing for only one thing.  But once you get started, you’ll probably want to prepare for more than one thing, and this can make it more complicated.

Unlike some web sites, CaptainDaves.com is not specific to one event or disaster. We won’t tell you to prepare just for nuclear war, only for an earthquake, or just to withstand a hurricane, or because of terrorists.  This guide is designed to help you become prepared for any large scale disaster or emergency.  Why?  Because just like you will be on your own when disaster strikes, you need to be the one driving your own planning process.  We will guide you (as the name Captain Dave’s Survival Guide implies) and provide tools, lists, and questions, but you have to take personal responsibility and develop your own plan.  Here are some steps to take:   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:16 am

Are You A Prepper Or Survivalist?
https://urbansurvivalsite.com/prepper-vs-survivalist/

Preparedness Questions to Ask Yourself Ngcb1 What Is The Difference Between Preppers And Survivalists?

The term “prepper” was coined to describe individuals who are focused on preparedness. These folks may be planning to bug in during a long-term disaster or are stockpiling shelf-stable food, weapons, and other survival supplies at a bugout location.

Unlike survivalists, preppers often raise livestock and gardens as a part of their SHTF plan. A prepper is focused on remaining in one spot during a disaster and does not plan to move about and travel light like a survivalist. If the prepper is living in a suburban, small town, or urban area, backyard chickens and meat rabbits often replace the goats, sheep, and cows kept by rural preppers as a source of protein. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum