Home Canning Vegetables-Tomatoes & Tomato Products (Including Ketchup)

3 posters

Go down

Home Canning Vegetables-Tomatoes & Tomato Products (Including Ketchup) Empty Home Canning Vegetables-Tomatoes & Tomato Products (Including Ketchup)

Post by ReadyMom Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:41 am

Canning Tomatoes
http://foodstorageandsurvival.com/canning-tomatoes/

Home Canning Vegetables-Tomatoes & Tomato Products (Including Ketchup) IMG_3388   Today we have another flashback to summer post. Canning tomatoes. I was going to do salsa, but the first steps of salsa are the same as canning tomatoes, so we really need to cover canning tomatoes first.

Canning tomatoes starts with getting some tomatoes ... ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Home Canning Vegetables-Tomatoes & Tomato Products (Including Ketchup) Empty Re: Home Canning Vegetables-Tomatoes & Tomato Products (Including Ketchup)

Post by ReadyMom Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:43 am

Canning Tomatoes and Tomato Products
http://ir.library.oregonstate.edu/xmlui/bitstream/handle/1957/13728/pnw300.pdf;jsessionid=9FAEDBD51718E0F541457B18B9516E81?sequence=1

A Pacific Northwest Cooperative Extension Publication
Oregon/Washington/Idaho
PDF File (16 Pages)

Topics include:

Contents
Selecting Equipment
Preparing Equipment
Preparing Tomatoes
Packing the Jars
Adding Acid
Adding Salt
Closing the jars
Processing
Cooling the Jars
Testing the Seal
Storing
Before Using
Styles of Home0canned Tomatoes
Preparing and processing Tomatoes and Tomato Products
Tomato-Vegetable Combinations
Safety Checklist

Admin

Back to top Go down

Home Canning Vegetables-Tomatoes & Tomato Products (Including Ketchup) Empty Re: Home Canning Vegetables-Tomatoes & Tomato Products (Including Ketchup)

Post by ReadyMom Tue May 14, 2019 12:07 pm

Canning Pasta Sauce for Long Term Preservation
https://www.askaprepper.com/canning-pasta-sauce-long-term-preservation/

Home Canning Vegetables-Tomatoes & Tomato Products (Including Ketchup) Canning-Pasta-Sauce-for-Long-Term-Preservation-890x395_c   Simple, easy to cook meals with minimal preparation and cleanup are ideal in a survival situation. Pasta cooks quickly with just heat and water, and it can last for decades if stored properly. Canned pasta sauce doesn’t last a lifetime, but it’ll retain peak flavor for about 2 years after canning, and will be perfectly fine to eat for at least 5 years, likely much longer.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Tue May 21, 2019 12:59 pm

I have a bunch of tomato juice that I canned a couple of years ago would it be ok to use it to make vegetable soup and re-can it ???

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue May 21, 2019 1:48 pm

I have NO idea. Anyone else know? (Any 'lurkers' out there want to help Dave with this question?? )

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:41 pm

Dave58 wrote:I have a bunch of tomato juice that I canned a couple of years ago would it be ok to use it to make vegetable soup and re-can  it ???

I finally got thru to the ball canning folks and found out that is perfectly ok to recan tomato juice when making vegetable soup. The soup came out great and it needs to be pressure canned... Just a heads up

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:50 pm

30 plus tomato canning receipes from practicalselfreliance.com

https://practicalselfreliance.com/tomato-canning-recipes/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down