Do You Store Music?

3 posters

Go down

Do You Store Music? Empty Do You Store Music?

Post by ReadyMom Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:32 am

I can't imagine not having access to music.

Our daughter LOVES 'Country Music'. She's ALWAYS purchasing CDs from the stores. Loads them onto her music storage and then pops her CD on a shelf.

Our son thinks she's nuts, since you can just download the same music and not have the clutter of the CDs. I think she's doing the right thing, because I don't like relying on electronic files as my one & only 'go-to' for anything! We're living in a fast-moving electronic age, but I'm not convinced it's the best way to go, since it's completely vulnerable and TOTALLY out of your hands to try & protect.

Recently, I brought home BOXES of old vinyl albums from my dad's house. I still have them. There's a lot of 'collections', like the old Readers Digest collections of Dance Hits, Christmas, Romance, etc. I'm torn between trying to sell them or keep them. So, they sit in their boxes.

Music is part of my prep-plan. But you also need power for that music. Solar seems to be the solution, but is a weak part of my plan.

So ... how do you 'prepare' & save music?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Do You Store Music? Empty Re: Do You Store Music?

Post by rick1 Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:06 pm

I really never thought about storing music, that's a new one for me.

I guess I could sing but that drives my wife nuts Laugh-Roll

We do have modern CD's with a AC/DC player.

Do any of you remember having an 8 track player in your vehicle, I did and I still have that 8 track and the tapes to go with it. I wonder if they're worth any money.

I remember when I was in the service, I had a reel to reel, now I'm revealing my age.

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:09 am

I have an old iPhone with a bunch of music stored on it that I ripped from my CDs. As long as I have access to sunlight the small solar panel will keep it and my Kindles charged up for at least a few years...until the batteries don't hold charge for more than 30 minutes.
Toyed with the idea of mechanical music players, but don't really have the room, let alone the budget for something that can play more than one tune....

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum