Foods That Must Be Repackaged for Long Term Storage

2 posters

Go down

Foods That Must Be Repackaged for Long Term Storage Empty Foods That Must Be Repackaged for Long Term Storage

Post by ReadyMom Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:07 am

20+ Foods That Must Be Repackaged for Long Term Storage and How to Repackage Them
http://thesurvivalmom.com/20-foods-that-must-be-re-packaged-for-long-term-storage-and-how-to-repackage-them/

Foods That Must Be Repackaged for Long Term Storage 20-Foods-Must-Repackage-3   (SNIP) ... here’s a list of foods typically found at grocery stores that can be stored but must be repackaged. I go into much greater detail with food storage in my book, but here’s what you need to know about repackaging food.  ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Foods That Must Be Repackaged for Long Term Storage Empty Re: Foods That Must Be Repackaged for Long Term Storage

Post by rick1 Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:27 am

I have a question for anybody that has done this with good results:

I store a lot of items in 5 gallon buckets with mylar bags and O2 packets and gamma lids, have any of you stored food in 5 gallon buckets without the mylar bags and is it working for you?

Back to top Go down

Foods That Must Be Repackaged for Long Term Storage Empty Re: Foods That Must Be Repackaged for Long Term Storage

Post by ReadyMom Mon May 04, 2020 9:52 pm

This source was originally an answer that Rick1 gave to another member about storing granola bars for long term. After reading it, it seems to be a good fit for this thread, because it discusses storing granola bars and other foods for long term, by repackaging them:

You Don’t Have To Waste Your Food Storage Money
https://www.preparednesspro.com/you-dont-have-to-waste-your-food-storage-money

Foods That Must Be Repackaged for Long Term Storage Foodsaver-jar-sealer   (BIG SNIP) ... Don’t be afraid to buy chocolate chips, candy bars, or almonds on sale.  You don’t need to eat them all right away.  Simply store them in a vacuum packed Mason jar.  

(SNIP) ... With granola bars, candy bars and the like, simply  ... ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:54 am

25 Survival Foods That Should NOT Be Stored in the Original Package
https://urbansurvivalsite.com/survival-foods-not-stored-original-package/

Foods That Must Be Repackaged for Long Term Storage 25-survival-foods-that-should-NOT-be-stored-in-the-original-package-wide-2 (SNIP) ... While there are some foods that store just fine in the original package (for example, canned goods), most foods need to be repackaged. Below is a list of such foods. It mostly includes foods that come in thin plastic, paper, or cardboard packages.

These foods should be repackaged into canning jars, airtight containers, mylar bags, food grade buckets, and vacuum sealer bags. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down