Newspaper Logs & Bricks

2 posters

Go down

Newspaper Logs & Bricks Empty Re: Newspaper Logs & Bricks

Post by ReadyMom Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:59 am

Paper Bricks - Free Fuel From Recycled Paper
https://www.instructables.com/id/Paper-Bricks-free-fuel-from-recycled-paper/

Even those who try to go paper-free still have lots of paper around the house. This is especially true if you are a student. Recycling is a great way to dispose of it, but why not turn it into something that you can use and enjoy. This makes a great project for a rainy day. While the components are simple, this project will go much faster if you have multiple people helping. There are different jobs that can be done at the same time. Do not attempt this if you only have a little bit of paper. We used several big boxes full of paper. ---CONTINUED at LINK---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:00 pm

How I Make Quick and Easy Newspaper Bricks for Burning in My Fire
https://dengarden.com/home-improvement/How-I-make-quick-and-easy-Newspaper-Bricks-for-burning-in-my-fire

Newspaper Logs & Bricks 8373256_f520   Forget everything you've ever read about shredding and soaking newspaper for days to make paper logs. There's a much faster and easier way to recycle your newspaper and create effective long-burning paper bricks.

Here's how I make compressed paper bricks, quickly and easily, to use in my wood-burning stove.
  ---CONTINUED at LINK---

Last edited by ReadyMom on Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:49 am

I tried to make newspaper bricks and just didn't like the time it takes to make them. Then I remembered an old timer many years ago who actually had a machine that rolled newspapers in to an actual log.

So, I started about 10 years ago to roll my own logs by hand, no machine. I roll them so that they are about 5 inches in diameter then tie them off (in the center) with tie wire. I only burn them in the garage wood burner, mixed with some wood. The only thing I don't like is taking out the ashes, as the ash just blows all over the place once your outside.

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:21 pm

Newspaper Logs & Bricks 46877483202_4670eaf005_m Here is a great post that I saved fro the old PlanforPandemic forum, that is no longer arund. It's by 'Spoon'. He made his own newspaper log machine!

I make logs, for my woodstove, out of newspaper. I purchased a newspaper rolling machine from Lehmans.

I made a few mods to the machine and the process.

First I added a rolling pin to the top of the shaft with two small bungies.

Newspaper Logs & Bricks Log_Roller01

This allows for one person to operate the machine and keep tension while adding sheets.

I field strip the newspaper down to separated sheets and remove the coated stock inserts. I start with single sheets. They're easier to work with as opposed to double folded sheets. I crank each sheet in, leaving about 4-6" of the end exposed. I then underlap the next sheet.

With practice, you can crank out a log in under ten minutes.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:04 am

How To Make Firewood From Recycled Paper (With Pictures)
https://urbansurvivalsite.com/make-firewood-recycled-paper/

Newspaper Logs & Bricks Ngcb1 (SNIP) ... A fire log consists of paper (usually newspapers) mixed with water in a bucket and shredded with a paint mixer attached to a drill. The shredded paper pulp is then put into a form with generous holes for drainage and compressed under pressure to drive out the moisture.

The logs are then removed from the form and allowed to continue drying. When done, they are stacked up and eventually burned. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down