All House EMP shield? Probably NOT!

4 posters

Go down

All House EMP shield? Probably NOT! Empty All House EMP shield? Probably NOT!

Post by ReadyMom Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:20 pm

So, this came through my FB news feed.  Your thoughts on this, please. I don't think it's going to do any good at all. It's NOT for EMP's (which would be false advertising) but just a surge protector:

EMP Shield Home Model with Remote LED. For whole home EMP Defense and Protection. DOD Tested and Approved. Worlds First Home EMP Defense Technology for the entire home

EMP & Lightning Home Surge Protection + Smart Meter / Solar Flare Defense (SP-120-240-W)
https://www.myempshield.com/?fbclid=IwAR31qXWe6Z-u2FIcXMC8NA4zRvWxOphHG9hpaO1pcbYFnXfTJYo8w6FM8KY

All House EMP shield? Probably NOT! Home-Model-Front

Admin

Back to top Go down

All House EMP shield? Probably NOT! Empty Re: All House EMP shield? Probably NOT!

Post by rick1 Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:49 pm

RM, TRex is the EMP expert here, he may be able to answer if it's good enough. But it does sound to good to be true or maybe it is.

If it's that good you would think that the electric companies would have bigger one's installed on all their substations and the military would have them installed on all their equipment, jets, ships, tanks, drones, etc..

Back to top Go down

All House EMP shield? Probably NOT! Empty Re: All House EMP shield? Probably NOT!

Post by rick1 Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:38 pm

ReadyMom, I can remember reading a post on the old APN about 3 years ago about these EMP protection devices. I also remember that one of the APN members sworn by them and has one installed at their home.

I went back to the APN and of course everything is gone from back then.

The person who had one installed was either Gunns or Swamp. I know you're a mod there, maybe you can bring up their posts and see what exactly they installed.

Just a thought.

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:47 pm

rick1 wrote:ReadyMom, I can remember reading a post on the old APN about 3 years ago about these EMP protection devices. I also remember that one of the APN members sworn by them and has one installed at their home.

I went back to the APN and of course everything is gone from back then.

The person who had one installed was either Gunns or Swamp. I know you're a mod there, maybe you can bring up their posts and see what exactly they installed.

Just a thought.

Sorry. Old info is lost! Mods don't have access to anything from the old days. I don't know if the Admin has access to any of the old posts, but what you see is what is left of the old site! Crying-Sobbing

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:17 am

I'm not an engineer, but it looks like that will only protect against surges coming through the electrical grid. Nuclear EMP effects will impact all your home electronics even if they are unplugged. That said, this looks like it would be useful for lightning or geomagnetic storm protection.

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat May 18, 2019 5:52 am

Here's a youtube video of emp protection for a home, they make it convincing that it works, I don't know, what do you think:

https://www.ask.com/youtube?q=https%3A%2F%2Fempshield.com%2Fhome-models%2F&v=BkD3ts6rLZE

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sun May 26, 2019 1:41 pm

dmwalsh568 wrote:I'm not an engineer, but it looks like that will only protect against surges coming through the electrical grid. Nuclear EMP effects will impact all your home electronics even if they are unplugged. That said, this looks like it would be useful for lightning or geomagnetic storm protection.
Yes. This will work like sticking your finger in a river and proclaiming that no water will flow through your finger. The mil standard they throw around so flippantly is found here:
http://www.futurescience.com/emp/MIL-STD-188-125-1.pdf
Reading sections 3.3 4.3 and 5.3 will enlighten you to the fallacy.

What they are saying in their adds and literature is that this device is certified to stop the pulse from passing through it, or radiating from it, but they leave out that the device test is only to see if installing the device in an already compliant facility would make them out of compliance.

The standard calls (in the above sections) for the entire facility to be enclosed in a continuous conductive shield. The equivalent is "if your house is an aluminum box, this device can be used to allow electricity in and block an EMP.

Under normal circumstances, it will only save itself.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down