What Do You Make For Yourself To Also Use For Barter?

Go down

What Do You Make For Yourself To Also Use For Barter? Empty What Do You Make For Yourself To Also Use For Barter?

Post by Cinnamon Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:50 am

I read the list of things posted that a prepper should never throw away, and noted that many of them can be used as barter. There are plenty of lists out there of store-bought things to barter.

But what do you MAKE to use for yourself that you can also barter?

Some things in my barter cupboard:

7 X 7 double flannel cloths in plastic quart bags. They can be used as baby wipes, washcloths, and even reusable toilet wipes.

3 X 3 double flannel facial squares in plastic sandwich bags. Can be used in place of cotton balls with antiseptic for wounds and such.

Sock bands - I cut the stretchy top part off of holey socks. These "bands" can be used over leg and arm wounds on animals or people (My niece gave me the idea, she uses them in her horses and goats).

Homemade candles in mason jars with lids, with a book of matches under the lid. I bought old candles at yard sales, used metal washers as a weight, and twine as the wick. Melted down the candles, poured the wax in the jars. When candles "set" there will be a hole in the middle, just pour in a little more wax to fill it. I made 2 cases each for myself, my sister, and my niece. I don't believe I paid more than $10 for all the candles. I've used them during power outages, they work fine.

What do you make for your own use that you can also use for bartering purposes?
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down