Clothing to Keep Warm

2 posters

Go down

Clothing to Keep Warm Empty Winter Clothing

Post by ReadyMom Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:04 pm

Know which fabrics make the best winter survival clothing
https://survivalcommonsense.com/best-winter-clothing-fabrics/

Your first line of defense against hypothermia is your clothing. Here’s how to make sure the fabrics you choose will make you comfortable and not cost you your life.

One of the most important activities for preparedness in any setting is know how to dress and what fabrics to wear. Different fabrics have radically different properties. Choosing the wrong type, or mixing clothing of different materials can be disastrous. ---CONTINUED at LINK---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Clothing to Keep Warm Empty Re: Clothing to Keep Warm

Post by rick1 Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:52 pm

Several years ago, my wife and I decided to stock up on extra clothing for both warm and cold weather, just in case of a SHTF so we went shopping at a Goodwill store. We bought anything from shorts, short sleeve shirts to bluejeans, long sleeve flannel shirts to light coats to heavy lined winter coats.

The clothing was washed, dried and then put in to those space bags with a scented dryer sheet. We store all those in one of the spare bedrooms. We have enough clothing for at least 10 years. I always ask the kids to get me/wife undershorts, t-shirts, socks, etc., for our B-day, father/mothers day, X-mas, etc., got to cover all the bases.

Goodwill stores and those like them have decent cloths and at a cheap price.
rick1
rick1

Back to top Go down

Clothing to Keep Warm Empty Clothing to Keep Warm

Post by ReadyMom Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:12 am

Cold Weather Survival: 5 Heat Loss Mechanisms
https://gundigest.com/reviews/cold-weather-survival-5-heat-loss-mechanisms

Clothing to Keep Warm Body-Heat-Loss-Infographic   Editor’s Note: Remember that clothing is the first layer of shelter you have available. If you can address three or four of these points, you’ll be much better suited for cold weather survival.

The ways that heat from your body can be transferred to the environment are called heat loss mechanisms. In a hot climate some of these mechanisms can be used to your advantage, but in a cold weather survival scenario they can all be detrimental.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:05 pm

Are You Ready Series: Emergency Clothing
https://readynutrition.com/resources/are-you-ready-series-emergency-clothing-part-3_27112009/

Clothing to Keep Warm IStock_000002565613XSmall   Essential clothing for a disaster supply is a commonly overlooked area of prepping. If a person does not have the proper clothing that is suitable for the terrain they are in, then harsh elements such as rain, cold, and snow can cause catastrophic effects. Preparation for an emergency means having the right tools and clothing to meet any emergency situation. Let this article serve as a basic guideline on some of the principles to keep in mind when researching what type of clothing will be needed if a disastrous incident breaks out.

According to the Special Forces Survival Guide, the Layer Principle offers the absolute best protection and flexibility for all types of climates. The idea of layering clothing creates the best type of insulation in the form of still air. The still air is trapped between layers of clothing. The more layers that are worn, the greater the insulating effect. Taking off layers of clothes serves as temperature control. ---CONTINUED---

Includes:

Proper Layering Techniques
Footwear
Socks
What Type of Sock Should Be Purchased
Gloves
Outer Clothes
Undergarments
The C.O.L.D.E.R Principle

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:07 pm

Woolen winter mittens in minutes
https://www.backwoodshome.com/woolen-winter-mittens-in-minutes/

By Anita Evangelista
 Clothing to Keep Warm Evangelista84-3    There's nothing so comfy and warm in the snowy dead-of-winter as a pair of thick, soft woolen mittens. Many of us have fond childhood memories of a favorite pair that accompanied us out to play or to collect firewood. Wool makes one of the warmest and most sturdy winter fibers, is a renewable resource and, with basic care, can last literally for decades.

But really nice woolen mittens can set us back a significant sum or take quite a few nights to knit from scratch.

There's another way to acquire these beauties. It only calls for basic stitchery skills and a few cast-off garments. It takes less than an hour to put a pair together. And they can be attractive enough to be given as holiday gifts.

The first step is to locate ...   ---CONTINUED---

Last edited by ReadyMom on Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:20 pm

STAYING WARM: HOW TO LAYER CLOTHES IN COLD WEATHER
https://myopencountry.com/hiking-camping-tips-guides/clothing/layer-clothes-cold-weather/

Article Summary
QUICK TIPS: DO'S & DON'TS

Clothing to Keep Warm Couple-hiking-in-snow-1024x683   Legendary English cartographer, mountaineer, and fellwalker Alfred Wainwright once said “there’s no such thing as bad weather, only unsuitable clothing.” Mr. Wainwright probably never spent many winters in Patagonia, monsoon seasons in Himachal Pradesh, nor had the pleasure of snowshoeing through a blizzard in the North Cascades. He almost certainly never made the short trip over the border to neighboring, rain-lashed, and windswept Scotland. That said, ... ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:49 am

The 4 Layers of Cold Weather Clothing Everyone Should Know
https://commonsensehome.com/best-cold-weather-clothing/

Clothing to Keep Warm Cold-weather-long-underwear-2x In this post, I’m going to quickly review the best cold weather clothing tips for extreme weather, adapted from the Field Manual for the U.S. Antarctic Program. Then we’ll get into some of our favorite gear for general cold weather wear. Finally, I’ll wrap up with a Fortress Clothing review. Look things through, and decide which clothes are a worthwhile investment for your cold weather safety and comfort. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:49 am

The 12 Best Survival Jackets for Bad Weather and Disasters
https://www.backdoorsurvival.com/the-12-best-survival-jackets-for-bad-weather-and-disasters/

Clothing to Keep Warm Mark-VI(SNIP) ... Without quality outerwear, you cannot hope to defeat the cold and the rain. The elements kill more people each year than all the bears in the nation. Keep that in mind. If you cannot keep warm in a survival situation, the cold and the rain will most certainly defeat you.

There are a few characteristics that are important for any survival jacket to meet. These will assure that when the time comes you have a jacket that is up to the task.

Remember, we are staking our warmth and potentially our body’s core temperature on these jackets.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:13 am

Improvised Clothing and Protective Items
https://s3.amazonaws.com/evphosted-14e0b6c2d234b6/nuclear_war_survival_skills_book_pdf_file.pdf

(This is from a larger publication. Scroll down to Chapter 15) Page 125-131

If Americans would learn to use skillfully the ordinary clothing, towels, cloth, newspapers, and paper bags in their homes, the could keep warm enough to stay healthy. Even under much colder conditions than they believe endurable without specialized outdoor winter clothing.  ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down