Grid Down-General Info

3 posters

Go down

Grid Down-General Info Empty Grid Down-General Info

Post by ReadyMom Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:02 am

Grid Down Scenarios: How to Survive a Power Grid Attack
https://thepreppingguide.com/grid-down-scenario-causes/

Grid Down-General Info Power-lines-823622_960_720

A grid-down scenario is a prepper’s worst nightmare. And it is something that preppers and the government share a mutual fear of.

In just one month in a grid-down scenario, services, supplies, and necessities will be so severe that your neighbor would kill you for food, and law enforcement will be so understaffed that they won’t be there to help.

You might think this is the stuff of movies, but it is very possible, and in a very real grid-down scenario, society as we know it would stop to function.

Every single process that is run on the electric grid would  ...  ---CONTINUED---

Last edited by ReadyMom on Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Grid Down-General Info Empty Re: Grid Down-General Info

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:56 am

So I work in logistics in an analyst/planner type capacity. I've been in this field for awhile so I have a good grasp on how things work.

A "grid down" event would wreck this country far more than most realize. This country's entire logistical network is set up as a just in time and it's completely dependent upon the internet and telecommunications to be functional to work. I won't go into specifics which would be boring but if you are curious and have specific questions I would be glad to answer them.

Knowing what I know in my career field and how dependent we are on warehouses and regional distribution centers, it's one of the reasons why I actually totally bought in to getting into prepping. I read "one second after" by Dr William forstchen and "lights out" by Ted Koppel and applied that to what I know and I realized how screwed we would be.

Here are a few reasons why.

Trucks won't get dispatched.
Orders won't get filled
Shelves will go empty
Industry will shut down
Critical spare parts will stop being shipped
Etc..

Are you aware that every major industrial facility (think steel Mills, oil refineries, factories, hospitala etc) all rely on industrial gases for various applications. Liquid oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen etc.. they may be used for burning in furnaces or ovens. If their furnaces shut down and cool they are ruined. Nitrogen is often used to purge reactors or blanket and inert a furnace or reactor. Without the nitrogen there will likely be an explosion. These big industrial users need frequent deliveries. If the grid goes down Nationwide or regionally for any extended time there will be immense damage to industry.

Fuel deliveries won't get dispatched. Gas stations will run empty. Cars will stop.
Food won't get distributed. Shelves will go empty. People will go hungry
Medical supplies will stop being shipped, you can guess where that leads

Airline flights will get cancelled. Air travel will slow and stop.

Workers will eventually just stay home

Money and financial transactions won't be able to be processed after generators run out of gas etc..

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:11 pm

Thanks DTK. You're right.   TOTAL. COLLAPSE.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:37 pm

ReadyMom wrote:Thanks DTK. You're right.   TOTAL. COLLAPSE.

I've tried to explain this to others and many cannot comprehend it.

They simply think that a major grid down is just like a 1 day blackout but longer. They cannot comprehend how dependent everything is on electricity and the internet.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:54 pm

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:

They simply think that a major grid down is just like a 1 day blackout but longer.  They cannot comprehend how dependent everything is on electricity and the internet.

I think your right DTK I have talked to a lot of family members and some folks that I know and they either can't see it happening or just refuse to and then you get the same old answer " I will just come to your house "

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:18 pm

Dave58 wrote:
Drinkthekoolaid wrote:

They simply think that a major grid down is just like a 1 day blackout but longer.  They cannot comprehend how dependent everything is on electricity and the internet.

I think your right DTK I have talked to a lot of family members and some folks that I know and they either can't see it happening or just refuse to and then you get the same old answer " I will just come to your house "

I have even tried to explain all this to smart people. Middle age people who can think. I tell them and they don't get it. The only thing they take out of it is that it would be good because They just think it would be for the better cause then the kids won't be so obsessed with social media or the phones. They completely ignore everything else.

If we suddenly just lost the internet unexpectedly for months it would be chaos and for reasons people don't realize.

Drinkthekoolaid

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:21 am

Transitioning To Live Off Grid With Little Or No Money
https://www.backdoorsurvival.com/transitioning-to-off-grid-what-you-can-do-now-based-on-your-finances/

Grid Down-General Info Fixed_Tilt_Solar_panel_at_Canterbury_Municipal_Building_Canterbury_New_Hampshire-600x400 (SNIP) ... Even if you don’t plan on making the leap to going off-grid for quite some time, you can start making lifestyle changes that will make it easier when the time comes.

This will also allow you to get an idea of what it might be like at least a little bit before you spend a lot of time, money, and labor on going off-grid. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:24 pm

Best Ways to Survive When the Grid Goes Down?
https://rethinksurvival.com/best-ways-to-survive-when-the-grid-goes-down/

Grid Down-General Info 17-ways-grid-down-survival (SNIP) ... How will you ever survive without an ounce of electricity?

Fortunately, you can survive a short or even prolonged power outage if you take a few preventive measures and know what to do in a situation like this. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down