Power Plants & Substations-Attack Concerns

4 posters

Go down

Power Plants & Substations-Attack Concerns Empty Power Plants & Substations-Attack Concerns

Post by ReadyMom Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:28 am

Power Plants & Substations-Attack Concerns 4074591684   I Split this topic from the thread about the wildfires. We started to have 2 different conversations going and this is a good one to keep separate. (I Snipped out the parts from the CA Wild Fire thread):

= = = = = = = = = =

Original opening post-"Drinkthekoolaid" Wrote:
(SNIP) ....
Off topic somewhat...
I still want to know more about the Metcalf substation attack in San Jose. It has been eerily quiet and it's rarely mentioned.
= = = = = = = = = =
"Dave58" wrote:
Drinkthekoolaid wrote:
Off topic somewhat...
I still want to know more about the Metcalf substation attack in San Jose. It has been eerily quiet and it's rarely mentioned.

(SNIP) . . . To be honest I had forgot about the substation attack , but nobody mentions the NYC power outage anymore..  [/quote]

= = = = = = = = = =
"TRex2" wrote:
(SNIP) . . . .  
DTKA wrote:Off topic somewhat...
If you mean the one that was attacked a few hours after the Boston Marathon was bombed, I know about it.

What do you want to know?[/quote]
= = = = = = = = = =
"ReadyMom" wrote:
TRex2 wrote:
If you mean the one that was attacked a few hours after the Boston Marathon was bombed, I know about it.

What do you want to know?
Everything ... Laughing

Last edited by ReadyMom on Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Power Plants & Substations-Attack Concerns Empty Re: Power Plants & Substations-Attack Concerns

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:14 pm

TRex2 wrote:(SNIP) ...

What do you want to know?

I would love to know more.

I've read the reports but that's it.

Everything indicated it was a highly detailed professional job. Everything from cutting the fiber optics surveillance system to knowing exactly what to shoot and how much time there was before a response. The only real error they made was leaving lots of 7.62 x39 casings.

It was an extremely detailed and professional attack. It seems way more sophisticated than was reported in the news.  

And then it went silent.

No one or no group was ever publicly caught or charged, no more leads ever announced, no more appeal to the public, no more warnings or bulletins.  No other electrical substations were attacked since

It seems like it was a beta test before carrying out a widespread attack that has yet to materialize.

My theory is it was a grey terror attack by some loose state affiliated organization (maybe ties to Iran, china, NK, etc) but I don't know what the end goal or objective was unless it was just a warning to us to show we are vulnerable.

For anyone who doesn't know this is what I am talking about
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metcalf_sniper_attack

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Power Plants & Substations-Attack Concerns Empty Re: Power Plants & Substations-Attack Concerns

Post by TRex2 Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:14 pm

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:
I would love to know more.
I've read the reports but that's it.

Everything indicated it was a highly detailed professional job. Everything from cutting the fiber optics surveillance system to knowing exactly what to shoot and how much time there was before a response. The only real error they made was leaving lots of 7.62 x39 casings.

It was an extremely detailed and professional attack. It seems way more sophisticated than was reported in the news.  

And then it went silent.

No one or no group was ever publicly caught or charged, no more leads ever announced, no more appeal to the public, no more warnings or bulletins.  No other electrical substations were attacked since

It seems like it was a beta test before carrying out a widespread attack that has yet to materialize.

My theory is it was a grey terror attack by some loose state affiliated organization (maybe ties to Iran, china, NK, etc) but I don't know what the end goal or objective was unless it was just a warning to us to show we are vulnerable.

For anyone who doesn't know this is what I am talking about
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metcalf_sniper_attack

I concur with everything above, except leaving lots of 7.62 x39 casings wasn't a mistake, it was a operational consideration. The jacketed bullets will have rifling striations on them, the casings won't. Firing pins are easy to change out on an AK.

The perps were never found, and never will be. As you pointed out, this was highly professional. This was a trial run to verify how long it would take to damage the station, and how long it would take to repair (27 days). I strongly suspect the Muslim Brotherhood, but I am not certain.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Power Plants & Substations-Attack Concerns Empty Power Plants & Substations-Attack Concerns

Post by rick1 Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:23 am

Here's an old youtube video of a news report on the metcalf substation attack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crvydoOFMSc

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:44 am

rick1 wrote:Here's an old youtube video of a news report on the metcalf substation attack:

Thanks I'll watch that later.

What are your thoughts on this attack?

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:17 am

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:
rick1 wrote:Here's an old youtube video of a news report on the metcalf substation attack:

Thanks I'll watch that later.

What are your thoughts on this attack?

My thoughts, well, my personal opinion is that it was an inside job. I have no special reason for saying that it was an inside job, other than if it was of another nation to get us, they would not have stopped at just one power plant. And they would have hit hundreds, all at the same time and in different states, just like 9-11.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:19 pm

rick1 wrote:other than if it was of another nation to get us, they would not have stopped at just one power plant. And they would have hit hundreds, all at the same time and in different states, just like 9-11.
I am still expecting them to make a massive hit, but I think it will come in concert with multiple other forms of attack. This, to me, was an exploratory attack, to see what would happen.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:59 pm

There is one other effect the perps (or their superiors) may have been looking for: the effect on the grid, of losing a substation.

Externally, this was almost nil. The rest of the grid simply routed power around the dead system and no one, or nearly no one lost power.

That doesn't mean they failed, they may have simply been studying how the rerouting system dealt with the loss.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down