Water: Getting it HOT

3 posters

Go down

Water: Getting it HOT Empty Water: Getting it HOT

Post by ReadyMom Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:40 pm

A Portable Solar Water Heater
http://www.motherearthnews.com/renewable-energy/portable-solar-water-heater-zmaz80mazraw.aspx?ViewAll=True#axzz2VW7BiDXQ

For less than $10, you can make a portable solar water heater that provides hot water just about anywhere.

Not only that, it's also amazingly easy to construct this heating unit. Here's what you need: --- CONTINUED at LINK, above ---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Water: Getting it HOT Empty Re: Water: Getting it HOT

Post by ReadyMom Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:41 pm

Batch Solar Water Heater from Stock Tank
http://www.builditsolar.com/Projects/WaterHeating/StockTankBatchHeater/StockTankBatchHeater.htm

A nice, simple, inexpensive solar batch water heater that uses a galvanized stock watering tank for the outer case. ---CONTINUED at LINK, above ---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:42 pm

That inner tube is pretty neat, so is the stock tank. I have several black, rubber stock tanks that I use for the cows. Guess the cows will have to share one with us.

You can also use a 33 gallon, black, rubbermaid garbage can that you can use the sun to heat your water.

I saw somewhere, where a guy made a solar water heater out of 3 inch PVC pipe that was painted black. There were about 6 pipes, all connected with elbows with one end opened to pour water in and the other with a shutoff with a shower head attached to it.
rick1
rick1

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:45 pm

I also have cans of black spray paint stored. I figure I can use it to spray paint buckets, soda/juice bottles, etc. to absorb the sun & heat water. (Would also be a good barter tool! Paint containers to give away for bartering!)

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:27 am

I have a few solar showers that I picked up in camping stores, but their capacity is pretty low so I'll have to try these options. Thanks!

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down