Need to Find and Catalog Conservative Sources

3 posters

Go down

Need to Find and Catalog Conservative Sources  Empty Need to Find and Catalog Conservative Sources

Post by TRex2 Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:42 pm

This is more of a request than an answer.

While we do have DuckDuckGo to search the web, certain questions will always bring up tons of propaganda and disinformation that we don't need, and will bury the real stuff we need.
UPDATE: For instance, I just ran across something called "Twitch" and wanted to know what it was. The first 18 entries were all gloating about Twitch banning Trump, before I got to something that would tell me what it was.

Pie in the sky request, if anyone knows a source that will only search sites that are reliable, honest, friendly to Christians, Conservatives, and Perppers, it would be good to post that here.

Now, for a partial answer:
If it is a subject that isn't current events, try:
Conservapedia.com - just like wikipedia, but without the Leftist slant.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Need to Find and Catalog Conservative Sources  Empty Re: Need to Find and Catalog Conservative Sources

Post by TRex2 Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:31 pm

We also need new financial channels.

https://censorship.news/2021-01-07-conservatives-financial-deplatforming-left-wing-corporations-destroy.html
Big Tech censorship has oozed into the financial sector, with platforms like PayPal and even Visa and Mastercard now openly targeting conservatives for de-platforming.

The goal, it would seem, is to prevent those with politically incorrect viewpoints from being able to participate in the economy the same way everyone else does. It is an imposition of control that places burdensome restrictions on those trying to conduct business online.

EDIT TO ADD:
https://pulpitandpen.org/2020/09/01/christian-fundraising-site-raises-over-250000-for-kyle-rittenhouse-as-gofundme-block-support-delete-campaigns/
The fundraising post titled “Raise money for Kyle Rittenhouse Legal Defense,” explains further:
“Kyle Rittenhouse just defended himself from a brutal attack by multiple members of the far-leftist group ANTIFA – the experience was undoubtedly a brutal one, as he was forced to take two lives to defend his own. Now, Kyle is being unfairly charged with murder 1, by a DA who seems determined only to capitalize on the political angle of the situation. The situation was clearly self-defense, and Kyle and his family will undoubtedly need money to pay for the legal fees. Let’s give back to someone who bravely tried to defend his community.”
Gofundme, of course, blocked all fundraising campaigns to defend him, just as they blocked a fundraising campaign for "Sweet Cakes by Melissa" a few years back, when Oregon decided to persecute her for her Christian stance. (Anyone who wants to debate this case, should open a new thread on the case, itself.)

The good news is that the article points out a partial solution:
Outside the obvious funding for mission trips, GSG also can be used to raise funds for medical expenses, business ventures, personal needs, churches, nonprofits, ministries or any “God Adventure” you embark on. Whether you’re a Giver, Sender or Goer, you can be used by God to be a difference maker!
https://givesendgo.com/about-us

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Need to Find and Catalog Conservative Sources  Empty Re: Need to Find and Catalog Conservative Sources

Post by Cinnamon Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:15 am

Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:21 am

PayPal has dumped GiveSendGo - the Christian crowd-funding site.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:27 am

Cinnamon wrote:Like this?
Technology
USA Products
Not exactly, although those are good too.

I saw something the other day, but can't find where it was (starting to lose my mind) that was a list of things like Amazon and Google, and a second list of things to use instead, like DuckDuckGo instead of Google.

By the way, this link is dead:
Technology
but the web site is still up:
Conservative Home Page
And it is a good site.

Edit To Add:
Oh, yes, we need Christian and Conservative banking services too:

https://disrn.com/news/chase-banks-closes-account-of-pro-trump-covfefe-coffee-company
Covfefe Coffee was founded in 2018 and says its goal is to "provide proud Americans access to world-class coffee without having to fund your political and cultural opponents."

The company was informed last week that Chase would be suspending its use of WePay because it was participating in "one or more of the activities" banned through its terms of service.

"Unfortunately, you will no longer be able to use WePay Payments to accept additional payments," the bank said in an email. "Any pending payments will be canceled and you won't be able to withdraw funds at this time."

TRex2

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:35 pm

It's getting harder to find anything conservative these days.

I was at Lowe's the other day, there was a young fellow (late 20's) I'd say, that was wearing a t-shirt that said, "you want to cancel my culture, go ahead, you'll die trying." There was a picture of an AR-15 just before you'll die trying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:33 am

I don't think this is the list you're looking for - and I have seen it too - can't remember where. I'll try to find it. However, there are these 2 lists.

Boycott

Conservative Companies
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

TRex2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:16 am

Cinnamon wrote:I don't think this is the list you're looking for - and I have seen it too - can't remember where. I'll try to find it. However, there are these 2 lists.

Boycott

Conservative Companies
Those have pretty much all the same stuff, just in a different format.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:57 am

Cinnamon wrote:PayPal has dumped GiveSendGo - the Christian crowd-funding site.
GiveSendGo has been picked up by Gab.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:49 am

GAB.com has a marketplace, GABPay, and other resources, now. They also have a catalogue of "parallel economy" merchants to buy local/American made.
https://news.gab.com/2022/10/gab-parallel-economy-shopping-catalog/

A lot of the front page stuff is political (mostly conservative, but it IS a free speech site, so there's other less savory forums, too) but there are many groups you can join for the interests you choose.

Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:02 am

TRex2 wrote:
Cinnamon wrote:I don't think this is the list you're looking for - and I have seen it too - can't remember where. I'll try to find it. However, there are these 2 lists.

Boycott

Conservative Companies
Those have pretty much all the same stuff, just in a different format.
Not sure if they have improved them, or just my reading skills have gotten better (I had trouble understanding those web pages, last spring), but these two lists are pretty good.

The explanations given below the graphics should have been worded a little better. Too much of it requires understanding of up to the minute idioms and memes. I get the impression, they were trying to save space on the page.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down