Interesting take on "Dystopia Today."

4 posters

Go down

Interesting take on "Dystopia Today." Empty Interesting take on "Dystopia Today."

Post by TRex2 Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:54 pm

(The name, Apocalypse Now, was already taken.)

https://www.rutherford.org/publications_resources/john_whiteheads_commentary/the_future_is_here_dystopian_movies_fit_for_a_dystopian_world
We have arrived, way ahead of schedule, into the dystopian future dreamed up by such science fiction writers as George Orwell, Aldous Huxley, Margaret Atwood and Philip K. Dick.
His article makes a pretty good visualization of the fact that we are already living in the worlds of Dystopian writers of the past.

TRex2

Drinkthekoolaid likes this post

Back to top Go down

Interesting take on "Dystopia Today." Empty Re: Interesting take on "Dystopia Today."

Post by rick1 Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:50 pm

I'm posting this here, 'cause I didn't want to start a new topic.

If I were a far left radical demonrat and pushed this agenda like they did, I'd have to tell everybody I was really a independent and had nothing to do with this.

I would be so ashamed if I was one of the lawyers fighting for this in court. You really, really can't make up this stuff, unless you were a demonrat:

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/new-york-court-of-appeals-elephant-human-rights/2022/06/14/id/1074371/?ns_mail_uid=ed113837-94a1-4b8d-8fab-a7f206fd5031&ns_mail_job=DM344385_06142022&s=acs&dkt_nbr=0101027dqoi8

TRex2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Interesting take on "Dystopia Today." Empty Re: Interesting take on "Dystopia Today."

Post by TRex2 Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:50 am

TRex2 wrote: .

https://www.rutherford.org/publications_resources/john_whiteheads_commentary/the_future_is_here_dystopian_movies_fit_for_a_dystopian_world
We have arrived, way ahead of schedule, into the dystopian future dreamed up by such science fiction writers as George Orwell, Aldous Huxley, Margaret Atwood and Philip K. Dick.
His article makes a pretty good visualization of the fact that we are already living in the worlds of Dystopian writers of the past.
I posted this, about a year ago, and I think it is ripe for a fresh read. Pay special attention to what he says about "Brave New World"
Much like Huxley’s A Brave New World, we are churning out a society of watchers who “have their liberties taken away from them, but … rather enjoy it, because they [are] distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda or brainwashing.”
I am thinking about opening a thread on what I know about propaganda and brainwashing, in the era of AI, but I am not sure whether to post it in "My Little Space" because I want to expound on something that is a bit of a tangent from prepping, or post it in "Tin Foil Hat" because, well, you know...

TRex2

Dave58 and Drinkthekoolaid like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:34 pm

TRex, post it where ya want too. Going off the rails may just wake up a couple of them there so called lurkers, if you post it so they can see/read it:

AI is going to destroy this country if not controlled by the government, especially during election time(s). Here's an example of a mother getting an AI call for ransom money (1 million $) for her kidnapped daughter.

The mother said there was no doubt in her mind that the voice she heard on the phone, was her daughter, but it wasn't, it was AI, let the games begin:

https://nypost.com/2023/04/12/ai-clones-teen-girls-voice-in-1m-kidnapping-scam/

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:30 pm

rick1 wrote:...
AI is going to destroy this country if not controlled by the government, especially during election time(s). ...
While it may be helpful to have the government put limits on who can use it, or for what, "Controlled by the Government" is not the answer. Do you seriously want those who attempted to frame Trump for "Russia collusion" to be in charge of AI?

Yeah, I think I will get going on this.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:02 pm

TRex2 wrote:
rick1 wrote:...
AI is going to destroy this country if not controlled by the government, especially during election time(s). ...
While it may be helpful to have the government put limits on who can use it, or for what, "Controlled by the Government" is not the answer. Do you seriously want those who attempted to frame Trump for "Russia collusion" to be in charge of AI?

Yeah, I think I will get going on this.

Laugh-Roll Yep, you're correct, I forgot all about that, I got old timers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:10 pm

It is frightening how realistic AI voices are. Some of the books on audio are now done by AI voices and you cannot tell. They can even fake accents, and emotive expression.

As an aside, I saw an article that said book narrators are having a hard time getting jobs now because AI voices have progressed so much.

Very, very scary.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

TRex2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:27 am

Cinnamon wrote:It is frightening how realistic AI voices are. Some of the books on audio are now done by AI voices and you cannot tell.  They can even fake accents, and emotive expression.
There is even a musical piece done by an AI that pretends to be a duet between two real artists, and no one can tell that it isn't the actual artists that are doing the lyrics.

As an aside, I saw an article that said book narrators are having a hard time getting jobs now ...
Funny, I was with a Blind Woman for a while, who had "talking books" and I always thought the narrators were volunteers. Learn something new, every day.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:14 am

TRex2 wrote:
TRex2 wrote: .

I posted this, about a year ago, and I think it is ripe for a fresh read. Pay special attention to what he says about "Brave New World"
Much like Huxley’s A Brave New World, we are churning out a society of watchers who “have their liberties taken away from them, but … rather enjoy it, because they [are] distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda or brainwashing.”
I am thinking about opening a thread on what I know about propaganda and brainwashing, in the era of AI, but I am not sure whether to post it in "My Little Space" because I want to expound on something that is a bit of a tangent from prepping, or post it in "Tin Foil Hat" because, well, you know...

I used to think we are more like Orwell's 1984, but perhaps, Huxleys brave new world is more appropriate.

Let me rephrase that, brave new world is more appropriate for 90% of normies out there who are totally fine living lives of distraction and decadence with social media, progressives, corruption, over sexualization of everything etc

The remaining 10% of the country (mostly us types here) are living in the 1984 reality where big brother is watching us and we're not ok with it.

Drinkthekoolaid

TRex2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum