Mosquitoes

4 posters

Go down

Mosquitoes Empty Mosquitoes

Post by ReadyMom Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:45 pm

Mosquitoes outnumber us and no one likes them
http://www.backwoodshome.com/mosquitoes-outnumber-us-and-no-one-likes-them/

Mosquitoes are responsible for irritating bites, cause itching welts, can spread diseases, are a constant aggravation at picnics, and are ear-tormenting little beasts. No wonder they are so disliked.

-snip-

As each individual has a different level of attractiveness to mosquitoes, so every hiker, camper, hunter, fisherman, boater, and other outdoor enthusiast has a favorite personal remedy for warding off the annoying insect.

-snip-

There are endless remedies to ward away mosquitoes, ...   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Mosquitoes Empty Re: Mosquitoes

Post by ReadyMom Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:47 pm

How to Make a Plastic Bottle Mosquito Trap
https://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Plastic-Bottle-Mosquito-Trap

You can easily reduce the number of mosquitoes on your property with a plastic bottle trap that will attract and kill the mosquitos. The liquid in each trap will last about two weeks, and then, it can be easily replaced.[1] For increased effectiveness, place multiple traps around your house or property. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:49 pm

3 Homemade Mosquito Traps That Are Dirt-Cheap
https://www.thesurvivalistblog.net/homemade-mosquito-trap/

You could dig into your wallet and buy a host of commercially manufactured mosquito traps, OR go the nearly free and equally effective route and DIY mosquito traps to place around your homesteading survival retreat.

For the best results with any mosquito trap, you will need to place them in two distinctive spots on your property: around low-lying wet areas (especially near the woods) and where you will be enjoying or working in the great outdoors on any given day. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:56 pm

How to Use Baking Soda to Trap Mosquitoes
https://homeguides.sfgate.com/use-baking-soda-trap-mosquitoes-86299.html

Duck, cover and run: These evasive maneuvers are usually performed by someone trying to escape a bee or mosquito. Not only are the latter irritating, but in some areas, they pose a real health threat because they carry diseases. Mosquito repellents usually work to mask your scent. This is because mosquitoes smell their food -- they can smell carbon dioxide from more than 150 feet away, according to WebMD. Instead of masking your scent, lure mosquitoes away by making your own carbon dioxide trap with vinegar and baking soda.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:17 am

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:02 am

What You Can Do to Repel Mosquitoes (And Why They Bite Some of Us More Than Others)
https://www.theorganicprepper.com/repel-mosquitoes/

Mosquitoes How-to-repel-mosquitoes   (SNIP) ... The more outdoorsy you are, the more likely you are to suffer this summer malady. However, some folks get bitten more often than others, no matter what they do to repel mosquitoes. Everyone has a favorite remedy for this. Personally, I’ve been a fan of Avon Skin So Soft bath oil for years for our family’s outdoorsy pursuits, but with the uptick in mosquito-borne illnesses, we should all be a bit more vigilant.

Here’s the research on who is the most vulnerable to getting bitten and what you can do to protect yourself.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:38 am

DIY Mosquito Traps for the Home and Homestead
https://www.backdoorsurvival.com/diy-mosquito-traps-for-the-home-and-homestead/

Mosquitoes Ekamelev-sZIjgg4Peu0-unsplash-1500x600   Includes:

Mankind’s Greatest Predator
2 The History of Mosquito Management
3 Mosquitos on the Trail
4 Managing Mosquitos on Property
5 Standing Water
6 DIY Mosquito Traps
7 The 2 Liter Bottle Trap
8 The Dish Soap and LED Trap
9 The Fan Trap
10 Conclusion

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:16 pm

Ticks are the number one source of insect born illness in the US today, thanks to the successful war on mosquitoes, but I bet mosquitoes are still number two or three. And if we don't keep up the war on them, they will rise, again, to number one.

I recently heard a prepper say that mosquito repellent and sunscreen should be in every bug out bag. I think they should be in long term preps, too.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:25 am

The problem with sunscreen is that what you buy is ineffective after a year. The ingredients used degrade and the ointment/lotion will no longer protect.

Be certain that you upgrade each year in your GOOD, Go-Bags, and household.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:16 am

Cinnamon wrote:The problem with sunscreen is that what you buy is ineffective after a year. The ingredients used degrade and the ointment/lotion will no longer protect.

Be certain that you upgrade each year in your GOOD, Go-Bags, and household.
Might explain why most survivalists I have been around wear a "boony hat."

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:40 am

How to Deal with Mosquitoes Without Using Chemicals
https://www.theprepperjournal.com/2020/02/05/how-to-deal-with-mosquitoes-without-using-chemicals/

Mosquitoes Mosquito-562066_1280 (SNIP) ...Mosquitoes have an excellent sense of smell and are attracted to carbon dioxide — especially to people who release large amounts of it. When you’re hiking, playing or walking outdoors, the heat, and humidity activates the sweat glands. The skeeters get a whiff and then chomp down!

(SNIP) ... If you are considering natural mosquito repellents as an alternative to the chemicals, you have several options: ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum