Natural Remedies for Pests

Go down

Natural Remedies for Pests Empty Natural Remedies for Pests

Post by ReadyMom Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:58 am

Pest Control – a Necessary Part of your Prepping Efforts
https://apartmentprepper.com/pest-control-for-your-apartment-a-necessary-part-of-your-prepping-efforts/

Pest control is not probably not one of the top ten survival and preparedness steps you will take to get started but it is still an unavoidable part of any prepper’s plan.  In a grid down situation, the presence of pests can only get worse, as sanitation worsens when trash pickup gets interrupted and vacant buildings and homes become more common.  Pests can carry diseases cause allergies for many people and can ruin your food storage.  This article discusses protecting your home from insects, and in a subsequent article we will cover protecting your food storage and supplies from pests.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Natural Remedies for Pests Empty Re: Natural Remedies for Pests

Post by ReadyMom Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:59 am

How to Make Citronella Candles
http://gardentherapy.ca/diy-citronella-candles/

If your favourite thing in the summer is warm nights outside then likely one of your least favourite is getting eaten alive by mosquitoes. Making citronella candles in cans is a great recycling project that is inexpensive and effective much like the Soy Beeswax Jar Candles I made a few months back.

I make lots of candles to create a bug-free barrier around the patio so I can enjoy my warm breezes and summer cocktails in peace. They aren’t bad for adding atmosphere either!

I’m not overly crazy of citronella so I added a few additional scents to the latest batch: pine and mandarin orange. While the most effective candles will still be primarily citronella, feel free to add a few other fragrances the bugs won’t like such as eucalyptus, rosemary, peppermint, and oregano. I have an all-natural bug spray recipe with these scents too – they work really well. --- Continued with Materials & Instructions, at link above ---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:00 am

Making Hot Pepper Spray to Deter Garden Critters & Trapping Coons

Video Info: I've been having trouble with raccoons eating my melons, and groundhogs eating the sweet potatoes. Trapping wasn't working, so I decided to mix up some pepper spray using Red Habaneros. I used about a dozen peppers, along with some garlic and dish liquid to make a nice critter deterrent. Make sure you don't use the good kitchen blender or the wife might get upset. You can find a cheap one at a yard sale that will work just fine. --- VIEW Video at LINK, above ---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:41 pm

This Natural Bug Repellent Is As Effective As DEET!
https://thegrownetwork.com/natural-bug-repellent-beautyberry/

Natural Remedies for Pests ScottSexton_Beautyberry_1_-Aug2018 Beautyberry plants have long been used as a natural bug repellent to repel mosquitoes, biting flies, ticks, and other pests. Modern studies have validated this tradition, demonstrating compounds within the plant to be as effective as DEET.1) I often take a few leaves, crush them, and rub them on myself when I go into the woods. So when my wife complained about the mosquitoes eating her up each time she went out into the yard, my first thought was beautyberry.

I’ve been drawing from my foraging and herbalist skills to experiment with this plant, and I’m ready to share my results. Read on, and I will show you how to both identify this plant and use it to create a highly effective natural bug repellent.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:03 pm

Non-toxic Home Pest Control – Avoid the Risks of Neurotoxic Pesticides
https://commonsensehome.com/non-toxic-home-pest-control/

Natural Remedies for Pests Housefly1   Unwanted six legged visitors driving you “buggy”? Use these simple, non-toxic home pest control methods to eliminate and reduce common household bugs and avoid standard, neurotoxic organophosphate pesticides.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:39 am

Plants You Should Grow Around Your House To Repel Insects And Bugs (Including Termites)
https://www.askaprepper.com/plants-you-should-grow-around-your-house-to-repel-insects-and-bugs-including-termites/

Natural Remedies for Pests Plants-You-Should-Grow-Around-Your-House-To-Repel-Insects-And-Bugs-Including-Termites-3-890x395_c   ...(SNIP) ... While you and I can’t do a thing about the pesticides and other chemicals used in modern industrialized farming, we can do something about the chemicals used around our homes. There really is no reason why we should continue to add to what is poisoning us on a daily basis, if there are natural alternatives available, which are not harmful.

A number of plants are useful in this regard; 55 of them that I’ve been able to find. These plants, most of which are aromatic, have the ability to keep bug away, so that they are not bugging us. Not all of the plants work for all types of bugs, but planting an assortment of these plants around our homes can do a lot towards ensuring that we live as bug free a life as possible.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:34 pm

Natural Bug Repellent
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei71Z78wWX0

Find out how to protect yourself from nagging insects with Mother Nature's bug repellent.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:47 am

Make Your Own Natural Insect Repellent
https://www.grit.com/community/health/natural-insect-repellent-ze0z1411zcwil

Natural Remedies for Pests Sage-jpg (SNIP) ... Because of its aromatic scent, the Wampanoag and other peoples have long used it as a natural insect repellent. Combined with sage, this smell-good spray repels flies, mosquitoes, gnats, no-see-ums, and possibly ticks. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down