Stitching Wounds-When There is No Hospital

2 posters

Go down

Stitching Wounds-When There is No Hospital Empty Stitching Wounds-When There is No Hospital

Post by ReadyMom Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:14 am

* * Disclaimer * * - This Video Is For Entertainment Purposes Only!!! If you get injured, seek qualified medical assistance immediately. Do not try this at home. Doc shows how to suture a wound which might occur in a "worst case scenario".

How To Suture (Part 1 of 2)

How To Suture (Part 2 of 2)

Admin

Back to top Go down

Stitching Wounds-When There is No Hospital Empty Re: Stitching Wounds-When There is No Hospital

Post by ReadyMom Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:17 am

FREE Download Book with LOTS of information!

Practical Plastic Surgery for Nonsurgeons

Practical Plastic Surgery for Nonsurgeons was written to bring plastic surgical expertise to areas with little access to plastic surgeons. Please feel free to download/print as much of the book as you desire. And please, tell others about this site!

To purchase a hard copy of the book, click here.

To download the entire book, click here.

To download an individual chapter Go HERE to click on individual chapter links that are listed below:

Chapter 1 – Suturing: The Basics    
    Chapter 2 – Basic Surgical Techniques    
    Chapter 3 – Local Anesthesia    
    Chapter 4 – Protecting Yourself from Infectious Diseases    
    Chapter 5 – Evaluation of the Acutely Injured Patient    
    Chapter 6 – Evaluation of an Acute Wound    
    Chapter 7 – Gunshot Wounds    
    Chapter 8 – Nutrition    
    Chapter 9 – Taking Care of Wounds    
    Chapter 10 – Secondary Wound Closure    
    Chapter 11 – Primary Wound Closure    
    Chapter 12 – Skin Grafts    
    Chapter 13 – Local Flaps    
    Chapter 14 – Distant Flaps    
    Chapter 15 – Scar Formation    
    Chapter 16 – Facial Lacerations    
    Chapter 17 – Pressure Sores    
    Chapter 18 – Chronic Wounds    
    Chapter 19 – Soft Tissue Infections    
    Chapter 20 – Burns    
    Chapter 21 – Fractures of the Tibia and Fibula    
    Chapter 22 – Skin Cancer    
    Chapter 23 – Cleft Lip/Palate    
    Chapter 24 – Breast Surgery    
    Chapter 25 – Facial Fractures    
    Chapter 26 – The Normal Hand Exam    
    Chapter 27 – Evaluating the Injured Hand    
    Chapter 28 – Hand Splinting and General Aftercare    
    Chapter 29 – Fingertip and Nail Bed Injuries    
    Chapter 30 – Finger Fractures and Dislocations    
    Chapter 31 – Traumatic Hand and Finger Amputations    
    Chapter 32 – Tendon Injuries of the Hand    
    Chapter 33 – Nerve and Vascular Injuries of the Hand    
    Chapter 34 – Hand Burns    
    Chapter 35 – Hand Crush Injury and Compartment Syndrome    
    Chapter 36 – Hand Infections: General Information    
    Chapter 37 – Specific Types of Hand Infections    
    Chapter 38 – Chronic Hand Conditions    
    Chapter 39 – Exploration of an Injured Hand or Forearm    
    Index

Admin

Back to top Go down

Stitching Wounds-When There is No Hospital Empty Re: Stitching Wounds-When There is No Hospital

Post by ReadyMom Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:20 am

How to Suture a Wound
https://www.artofmanliness.com/articles/how-to-suture-a-wound/

You’re staying in a cabin with some friends and family in the remote wilderness far from civilization. It’s quiet. Pristine. Life is good.

One morning while your buddy is splitting wood, his maul glances off the log and cuts into his leg, leaving a large gash. While the wound is large and deep, the maul didn’t hit an artery or large vein, so there isn’t a risk of him bleeding out. You get him back to the cabin to take a closer look and clean it out.

While the bleeding has stopped, there’s still a giant, gaping wound in your friend’s leg. It needs to be closed up to reduce the chance of infection and so the wound can start healing properly. You try a butterfly bandage, but it’s not keeping the wound together. It’s clear your buddy needs stitches, but the nearest doctor is a day’s trip away. Luckily, you have a suturing kit in your first aid supplies, and you know how to sew him up yourself. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:16 am

Look at this! Yay? or Nay?

ZipStitch: Laceration Kit
https://odditymall.com/zipstitch-home-laceration-kit

Stitching Wounds-When There is No Hospital Zipstitch-laceration-kit-lets-you-close-wounds-without-stitches-thumb

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:33 pm

ReadyMom wrote:Look at this! Yay? or Nay?

ZipStitch: Laceration Kit
https://odditymall.com/zipstitch-home-laceration-kit

Stitching Wounds-When There is No Hospital Zipstitch-laceration-kit-lets-you-close-wounds-without-stitches-thumb

Looks good, looks like it would be pretty easy to use, but for $30.00, I'll use my sutcher kits and put up with the pain  Crying  of sewing myself up.

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:06 pm

I was thinking, why couldn't you rig up your own zip tie bandage. Use those butterfly band aids and place the zip tie under that. Cut the zip tie in half and put one half on one side of the cut and place the other on the other side of the cut and then, zip, you're done. Or is this just wishful thinking.

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:22 am

Go to Link for full size image:  https://www.fastmed.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/do-i-need-stitches-infographic.png

Stitching Wounds-When There is No Hospital Do-i-need-stitches-infographic

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:18 pm

This 127 page manual came through my facebook feed, today.  

Hat Tip  Hat Tip to "The Medical Survivalist" for the link!

Stitching Wounds-When There is No Hospital Wound-closure-manual-pdf-penn-medicine   Wound Closure Manual
http://www.uphs.upenn.edu/surgery/Education/facilities/measey/Wound_Closure_Manual.pdf?fbclid=IwAR0_7LA-OVnxxCN6hJbMje-Xj1Lj3vbpppVNo_-pgwHKRDsl81ITPfRZ7fA

This manual has been prepared for the medical professional who would  like  to  learn  more  about  the  practice  of  surgery–the dynamics of tissue healing, the principles of wound closure, and the materials  available  to  today’s  practitioners.  Most  important,  it touches on some of the critical decisions which must be made on a daily basis to help ensure proper wound closure .... CONTINUED

** Cross Posted in Medical Books & Large Publications

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:33 am

MORE on the zipstitch:

A Review of the Zipstitch System For Small Lacerations
https://www.backdoorsurvival.com/a-review-of-the-zipstitch-system-for-small-lacerations/

Stitching Wounds-When There is No Hospital IMG_0207   (SNIP) ... Zipstitch is a game-changing method for closing wounds. While the technology has been used for quite some time in hospitals, it is now available to the public. Zipstitch is only recommended for use on minor cuts and lacerations according to the manufacturer. Of course in a more serious emergency situation you are going to use what you have but at your own risk.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:43 am

How to suture/close a wound from theprepper.com:

https://theprepared.com/survival-skills/guides/close-wound/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down