Honey for Medicinal Purposes

2 posters

Go down

Honey for Medicinal Purposes Empty Honey for Medicinal Purposes

Post by ReadyMom Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:42 am

Honey-In Place of Antibiotics

You won't bee-lieve it! Could manuka honey beat drug-resistant superbugs?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2294229/You-wont-bee-lieve-Could-manuka-honey-beat-drug-resistant-superbugs.html

It is a natural medicine used for thousands of years to clean wounds and fight bacteria.

Now, however, honey could hold the key to combating the very modern threat of drug-resistant superbugs.

A study has shown that manuka honey can fight back on two fronts. Not only can it help to kill MRSA and other superbugs, it can also prevent bacteria from becoming resistant to antibiotics.

The danger of the rise of bugs which do not succumb to drugs was outlined this month by the Chief Medical Officer.

Professor Dame Sally Davies described it as a ‘ticking timebomb’ which could leave millions vulnerable to untreatable germs within a generation.

But a study in Australia offers a solution. At the University of Technology Sydney (UTS), tests were carried out on manuka, kanuka and clover honeys to find which was best at treating bacteria commonly found in chronic skin wounds

Researchers looked at key ingredients known to inhibit bacterial growth.

The best at doing this was Comvita medical-grade manuka honey, made by bees foraging on New Zealand’s manuka trees.

When combined with ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Honey for Medicinal Purposes Empty Re: Honey for Medicinal Purposes

Post by ReadyMom Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:08 pm

Honey as Medicine – Prevent Infection, Kill Bacteria, Promote Healing
https://commonsensehome.com/honey-as-medicine/

Honey for Medicinal Purposes Honey-as-medicine-wide18   Did you know you can use honey as medicine? If I had to choose only one medicine I could have in stock, I think it would be honey. These days, specialty wound-care centers might agree. Honey has become a staple for those hard-to-heal wounds, such as diabetic leg ulcers, burns, even wounds with gangrene. It kills bacteria resistant to other antibiotics and actually heals tissue, nursing the skin back to health. Not only that, but it can decrease the pain. But here's the catch. Some types of honey work better than others. Before we get into that, let's go over the basics, like …   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:06 am

5 Medical Uses for Raw Honey
https://urbansurvivalsite.com/5-medical-uses-for-raw-honey/

Honey for Medicinal Purposes Ngcb1 I’ve written about the health benefits of honey, but it also has many other uses, particularly in survival scenarios.

In this video, SkinnyMedic shares 5 ways raw honey can be used for first aid. I typed them up, but be sure to check out the video below for more details. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Violet Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:48 pm

Benefits of prepping with honey https://happypreppers.com/honey.html
Violet
Violet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down