Small Space Ideas

4 posters

Go down

Small Space Ideas Empty Small Space Ideas

Post by ReadyMom Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:49 pm

How To Store Six Months of Food When You Only Have Space for One
http://www.askaprepper.com/store-six-months-food-space-one/

One of the biggest issues people run into with their preparedness food storage is a lack of space. They simply don’t have enough room to keep all the food that they’ll need in the event of an emergency, leaving them feeling underprepared.

Space may seem like one of the biggest barriers to your food storage goals, but it doesn’t necessarily have to be. Whether you live in an apartment, a small house, or even a camper, there are plenty of ways you can squeeze in more food storage so that your family can be prepared if worse comes to worst. ---CONTINUED at LINK, above ---
ReadyMom
ReadyMom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Small Space Ideas Empty Re: Small Space Ideas

Post by ReadyMom Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:54 pm

You can probably put filled PVC pipe under a lot of things, or stand it up in closets.

Space, or lack of it
http://modernsurvivalonline.com/guest-post-space-or-lack-of-it/

Some things are just plain hard to find space for, so my solution is to create more of it without impeding the space already there for other things. PVC pipe is a great way to increase space, it can be any length, or diameter. It can hold anything from canned goods to rifles, it’s waterproof, very durable, and pest proof (except bears and wolverines…Ha). It can be mounted on the roof rack, side of a trailer, even underneath the trailer as long as it doesn’t interfere with the suspension etc.

It’s fairly cheap, readily available, waterproof, and easy to fabricate into any size you want. Just ... --- CONTINUED at LINK, above ---
ReadyMom
ReadyMom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:40 pm

For our child who lives in an apartment, we got one of the buckets of freeze-dried food from Sams Club.

Crates are also a great way to store water. They can be stacked in a small amount of space. 4 gallons fit in each crate.

Another way to store is to "go up" - put shelves on the walls or get tall bookcases if one is not allowed to put holes in the walls to store things up high.

Since my kids live in apartments at this time, they have a Go-Bag in the car, too. Along with tent, sleeping bag, and other camping equipment so they can travel here if necessary.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by NJMike Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:28 pm

Having had to downsize temporarily from a house to a duplex rental, I can share my thoughts on managing a smaller space.

I'd say consider a storage unit for items that are useful, or have value, but are items you can live without if the grid goes down. For example, among other items I have an electric smoker in a storage unit. It's not something I'm going to use grid down (I'll find another means) and would take up storage space for essential emergency items at my smaller place. I can pull it out of storage when I need it, saving space in the house for food and water.

Within my living space, I've used shelving for consolidation and organizing. Things that can be removed from individual packaging and put into bins by category saves on space. The bottom of my closets below the hanging clothes is well utilized too.

Incorporate preps into the decor. I have fuel lanterns and rustic tools adorning my place.

For people out and about more often than at home, move some preps out to your vehicle. I'm more likely to be around my vehicle than my home base. In addition to tools, camping gear, and a go bag, I keep my mountain bike in the bed of my truck, so it's there when I need it, and doesn't take space to store within my home.

If you have storage space at work, same thing. Just don't store anything you'd miss.

Practice skills even if you're space doesn't make it easy. I had a much larger garden at my old place. I start seeds and container garden on a smaller scale using a small patio.

NJMike

Back to top Go down

Post by jimLE Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:21 am

I've done t

I've moved into a duplex rental as well.in which certain preps is sitting where they can be seen.but appears to be everyday decor/decoration. Like oil lamps and candles .but yet.i need to come up with a set of shelves for the laundry closet for my food supply.just to get that out of sight. And that'll make room for something else for that wall space.

expect the worst. Hope for the best. And capitalize on each situation the best you can..

“Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an example unto you to follow us. For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies.”
jimLE
jimLE

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:38 pm

I am currently looking into purchasing a shortie school bus to turn into a nice camper. One of the things many of them do to house all their kids is get the steel metal shelving that is 35" X 72" for 3 shelves and buy 3-6 inch foam mattresses to fit. They build them in, using various means for a privacy barrier for the kids.

I've thought about acquiring this shelving for LTS, and if needed in a grid down situation, drag them out and have some foam mattresses stored that fit.

Not doing it now, but it's a thought for the future.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by jimLE Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:12 pm

I've got under the bed totes and small cardboard boxes under my bed.i was rearranging things in the living-room. When i accidentally learned that I can side boxes of 1 pint canning jars there.so i'll now have the fun n pleasure of choosing which one's to put there.

expect the worst. Hope for the best. And capitalize on each situation the best you can..

“Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an example unto you to follow us. For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies.”
jimLE
jimLE

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:03 am

Small Spaces Storage Solutions – RESULTS
http://foodstoragemadeeasy.net/2009/01/26/small-spaces-storage-solutions-results/

Small Space Ideas House   At Food Storage Made Easy, we asked our readers to come together and share their ideas for storing food in small spaces. The results were incredible! Continue reading for all the ideas we received. As promised, we created a way cute PDF for you to share with all your friends. To get the handout, click here!   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:10 pm

Amazing Homemade Ideas Worth Watching For Woodworking Projects Cheap From Plastic Crates And Pallets
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl8IFdLz9J8

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:28 am

Small Space Prepping: How to Store Lots of Supplies in a Little Home or Apartment
https://www.theorganicprepper.com/small-space-prepping-supplies/

Small Space Ideas Small-space-prepping   As budgets get tighter, more people downsize. You may find yourself living in a small space and wondering how on earth you can stash your stockpile in a little home. Small space prepping can be done and it can be done in a way that doesn’t make it obvious to everyone who happens to stop by that you’re well-supplied. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down