Wood Ash-Ways to Use Them

2 posters

Go down

Wood Ash-Ways to Use Them Empty Wood Ash-Ways to Use Them

Post by ReadyMom Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:16 am

40+ Uses for Wood Ash
https://practicalselfreliance.com/wood-ash-uses/

Wood Ash-Ways to Use Them Wood-Ash-Uses-2   If you’re heating with wood, there’s plenty of wood ash to go around.  While you may be hard-pressed to think of uses for wood ash in a modern home, historically it was used in many different creative ways.

(SNIP)

A cord of hardwood produces roughly 5-8 gallons of wood ash, so that means we have around 30-40 gallons of wood ash in the spring.  That’s way too much for any single use, so we’ve had to find creative ways to use what would otherwise be a waste product. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Wood Ash-Ways to Use Them Empty Re: Wood Ash-Ways to Use Them

Post by rick1 Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:52 pm

I didn't realize there were so many uses for wood ashes.

We use all our wood ashes in the garden, in the soil, for bugs, etc.. My wife uses them to powder the flowerers to keep bad bugs away.

I make a paste from them, add some lime and dried cow doo doo to put around the tomatoes and peppers, holds the moisture in, fertilizes and keeps the creepy crawlers out all at one time.

I keep 4-5 gallon buckets in the shed to use on the driveway when we get the freezing rain and also on the sidewalk.

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:10 pm

Never Throw Away Your Wood Ash! Do This Instead
http://www.askaprepper.com/never-throw-away-wood-ash-instead/

Wood Ash-Ways to Use Them Never-Throw-Away-Your-Wood-Ash-Do-This-Instead-890x395_c   Maybe you’ve heard about old timey uses for wood ash. It’s a remarkably useful substance even today, though. There are several uses for wood ash that may not only be applicable in your everyday life, but that could help you and your loved ones survive in a SHTF situation. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:52 pm

Hat Tip Hat Tip to rick1:

How to Use Wood Ashes in the Home and Garden
https://www.almanac.com/news/home-health/natural-living/how-use-wood-ashes-home-and-garden

Wood Ash-Ways to Use Them Fireplace_fire   If you burn firewood, you have wood ashes. Don’t throw them out! There are many surprising ways to use ashes around the garden and home. Here are five practical ideas.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down