Home Canning Meats-Recipes & How To

4 posters

Go down

Home Canning Meats-Recipes & How To Empty Home Canning Meats-Recipes & How To

Post by ReadyMom Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:05 pm

Canning Hamburger
http://eatingfoodstorage.blogspot.com/2011/02/canning-hamburger.html

Home Canning Meats-Recipes & How To Canning%2BMeat%2B%252809%2529   Ok I finally did it. I set some time aside and canned hamburger. I've been putting it off because I just couldn't imagine wanting to spend the time canning it when I can just throw it in the freezer. Well how WRONG I was! I'll tell you why later, but first let's get to the process.

First I fried up a bunch of ground beef ...   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Home Canning Meats-Recipes & How To Empty Re: Home Canning Meats-Recipes & How To

Post by ReadyMom Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:06 pm

How to Can Meat Step-by-Step
http://preparednesspro.com/step-by-step-meat-canning/

Home Canning Meats-Recipes & How To First-layer-of-jars-in-pressure-canner-300x225 -SNIP- when I can the meat instead of trying to find room in my freezer, I’m only limited by the number of jars I have on hand. Considering I can get those in abundance at Goodwill or at Salvation Army type stores; that really isn’t an insurmountable problem.

Just to answer a few anticipated questions initially; no, you do not have to ...   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Home Canning Meats-Recipes & How To Empty Re: Home Canning Meats-Recipes & How To

Post by ReadyMom Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:27 am

Pressure-Canning Hamburger Meat for Long Term Preservation
https://www.askaprepper.com/pressure-canning-hamburger-meat-long-term-preservation/

Home Canning Meats-Recipes & How To Fully-Sealed-Jar-with-Band-Removed-for-Storage   Home canning hamburger meat can be a great addition to your long-term food storage, adding protein and flavor to your meals without requiring refrigeration. Canned ground beef can last 3 to 5 years without deteriorating in quality, and can be edible even longer. The meat is pre-cooked and can be opened and eaten straight out of the can in an emergency, or heated and served as part of a quick everyday meal.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimLE Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:26 pm

great idea about canning beef.I've canned some taco meat on account i didn't want the seasoning go bad on me.canning some bacon this month sounds good to me right now..

expect the worst. Hope for the best. And capitalize on each situation the best you can..

“Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an example unto you to follow us. For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies.”
jimLE
jimLE

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:31 am

How To Can Pulled Pork
https://www.askaprepper.com/how-to-can-pulled-pork/

Home Canning Meats-Recipes & How To How-to-can-pulled-porc-890x395_c   Unless you avoid it for ethical/religious/other reasons, the chances are that you’ve tried and enjoyed pulled pork.

Pulled pork inspires passionate arguments about the best way to cook and flavor it. The great thing to arise from these heated disagreements is more awesome pulled pork recipes. The truth is, if you use a decent hunk of shoulder/butt, some variation on sweet/sharp/spicy/sticky/sour flavorings, then give your pork enough time to become that melting and charred tangle of meat that you’re looking for, you can’t really go wrong.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimLE Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:48 pm

I've canned i don't know how many pints of chicken and broth.but still have all of each. and right now.im canning 4 quarts of chicken with broth.and 4 quarts of broth.in which i have 1 3/4 quarts of broth a 1 pint of chicken left over.they'll be going into the fridge once cooled off.im holding off on canning bacon bits untill i can afford the needed amount of bacon needed. then i'll move on to strips of bacon.I've also canned taco meat june 2017..in which i'll finally try out after next shopping trip.

expect the worst. Hope for the best. And capitalize on each situation the best you can..

“Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an example unto you to follow us. For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies.”
jimLE
jimLE

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:17 pm

We are going to try and make our own Sausage. Does anybody have any tried and true recipes for doing this ??

I got carried away and bought a meat grinder and as usual I have no idea on what spices to use or how much fat to put in the pork.. Also is a pork roast a good cut of meat to use ???

Thanks guys I will be watching U-tube and taking notes tonight but you guys are my go too folks for good information

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:02 am

How to Pressure Can Meat
https://www.tngun.com/pressure-canning-meat/

Home Canning Meats-Recipes & How To How-to-Pressure-Can-Meat (SNIP) ... To bridge the gap between commercially canned, and home frozen meat, I began pressure canning meat at home. It’s a simple, easy process, and as long as you are aware of the hygienic needs of the process, and follow the safety precautions it is relatively safe.

You MUST use a pressure canner to can meat, since it is a low acid food. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:13 am

We canned 60 lb of chicken breast.. We use it for chicken salad , chilli and things like that..

It turned out really well

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by Violet Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:01 am

How to Can Beef Stew for Easy Convenience Meals  

https://homesteadingfamily.com/how-to-can-beef-stew/
Violet
Violet

ReadyMom and rick1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down