2019 - FEBRUARY Prepping Updates

2 posters

Go down

2019 - FEBRUARY Prepping Updates Empty 2019 - FEBRUARY Prepping Updates

Post by Cinnamon Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:06 pm

Started the new thread.

This morning I went through our extensive spice collection. Over the years, as people moved away around us, they'd give me their spices and bottles of liquids (sauces, oils, vinegar, bottled seasonings) and spices. Since I have a spice cupboard with many shelves built to the ceiling I just threw the bottles and jars up there. Today, I decided to get rid of all the old stuff. We had sauces and jars of spices dating back to 2011!! Shocked Also found repeats of stuff, and if it was fresh, I consolidated them. It is now much easier to get the spices/sauces we need, when we need them.

Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

2019 - FEBRUARY Prepping Updates Empty Re: 2019 - FEBRUARY Prepping Updates

Post by rick1 Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:13 pm

Went to the outdoor sportsman show down Harrisburg way. Did buy a few things for the grandkids in regards to hunting and fishing. Man does that place get crowded, prices are outrageous anymore.

Big heat wave, in the 50's today, so I'm on my way up the hill to see what trees fell from the high winds and the heavy snow we've had the last couple of weeks. Any trees that are down, I'll start cutting them up for firewood. The snow may be gone come tomorrow since it's going to be warm again, hate to see it go.

Got my order from Honeyville, had a 15% off coupon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:49 pm

Today was our weekly grocery run with the neighbors.

We restocked the pantry and are rebuilding the canned goods in the LTS.

I made $22.50 off 3 bowl cozies a friend sold for me at her shop. Made $50 on a baby quilt I made for another friend. All went into the emergency cash fund.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:40 am

Finally got our lane plowed from all the snow, sleet and freezing rain we got on Monday night and most of all of Tuesday. Spread a lot of ashes for traction. Had lost power for about 12 hours but didn't bother us at all, kicked in the battery banks and ran the generator for awhile.

Coyotes have been howling the last couple of nights, going to have to get rid of them, there's a coyote hunt this weekend for one of the sportsmans clubs, going to go up and recruit a couple of hunters (that I know).

Taking the wife out for lunch for V-day down at the city and so she can pick up here new glasses. If she decides to do some shopping at the mall, I'll just sit on the oldmans bench and watch the girls go by.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:32 pm

We didn't get a chance to shop on Friday as the snow was getting deep. We have 4WD but why go out in it if you don't have to? We waited until Sunday and drove in to replenish the pantry. Didn't get much other than that.

Got some canned goods for the LTS, too.

I've gained 5 pounds from not being able to walk the dogs for the last 3 weeks. Trying not to munch, but it's hard. I whacked up some celery for that, but it's so easy to grab a cracker or a some toast...LOL
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down