Food-Product Review-Mountain House Freeze Dried Items

4 posters

Go down

Food-Product Review-Mountain House Freeze Dried Items Empty Food-Product Review-Mountain House Freeze Dried Items

Post by ReadyMom Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:31 am

Mountain House for Dinner: Review of Wraps and Macaroni and Cheese
http://selfrelianceadventures.blogspot.com/2010/08/mountain-house-for-dinner-review-of.html

Food-Product Review-Mountain House Freeze Dried Items IMG_5005    The folks at Mountain House sent me some samples of their freeze dried meals to try, and really I was pretty excited. I've had some Mountain House before and actually had compared it to a couple of other brands of "backpacker" foods and for flavor and texture, the Mountain House was my favorite.

So in order to give these samples the true test, we took them camping instead of eating them in the kitchen. We had a Macaroni and Cheese double serving entree and one of the new Mountain House Barbeque Sauce with Beef Wraps that you can put on a tortilla or a bun or just eat plain if you want once it's reconstituted. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Food-Product Review-Mountain House Freeze Dried Items Empty Re: Food-Product Review-Mountain House Freeze Dried Items

Post by ReadyMom Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:32 am

Mountain House for Breakfast: Breakfast Skillet Wrap Review
http://selfrelianceadventures.blogspot.com/2010/08/mountain-house-for-breakfast-breakfast.html

Food-Product Review-Mountain House Freeze Dried Items IMG_5038    Remember Monday's post on our Mountain House dinner? Well, the next morning we had freeze dried Mountain House breakfast that the sweet folks at Mountain House sent us to sample. The kids wanted oatmeal, so we heated up water for mom and dad's Mountain House Breakfast Skillet Wrap and for the kids' oatmeal and for the dishes and washing up. All in the same pot. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Food-Product Review-Mountain House Freeze Dried Items Empty Re: Food-Product Review-Mountain House Freeze Dried Items

Post by ReadyMom Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:35 am

VIDEO on Making of Mountain House Freeze Dried Products. Interesting! -k

The company making food to last forever
http://money.cnn.com/video/news/2012/05/24/n-doomsday-food-lasts-forever.cnnmoney/

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:58 pm

Sportsman Guide has some survival food items in stock and some of the items are on sale. They have ready wise and mountain house, buckets and #10 cans:

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/productlist?k=survival%20food

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:33 pm

There seems to be a lull in the buying pattern.
People getting weary and complacent.

We, here in the world of prepping (should) know better: the quiet times are the optimum time to stock up.

TRex2

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:50 pm

I think around here people are getting nervous. Our shelves are stocked, but the stuff disappears faster. Lot of city people are shopping in our stores, long past the time they're usually gone (tourist town).

I had to drive a different route to town today due to road construction. Lots of new buildings going up in the woods! At least 5 new homes on that route - and they're not mansions, they're basic, metal or wood shed-like homes. We also saw woods being cleared.

I suspect city people have decided to have a bug-out location and are beefing up their places.

In our territory, we've had at least 5 new homes built after lockdown. By homes, I mean metal or wood-shed style, nothing fancy. But they're drilling wells, putting in electric, and septic. Some are even putting in solar.

TRex - We're keeping our heads down and stocking up as time permits.

Cinnamon
Cinnamon

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum