How to protect your site.

Go down

How to protect your site. Empty How to protect your site.

Post by oldasrocks Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:32 pm

Ok you are stocked up. You do not intend to bug out to the unknown. How do you protect your place and people? We are lucky enough to have a few acres and have been planning for years.

All I can do is give you some ideas on what we have done. First project was to fence all the way around. Then through Conservation I planted around 1,000 blackberry bushes in the fence line. I wove the stickery vines into the fence as they grew. I dropped a fertilizer tab in each hole and everything has a drip line on it. Except for a couple weak areas we have a nice 6 to 8 ft fence of bushes 4 ft or more thick. I replanted the east fence line 2 yrs ago and already 6 ft tall.
When we dig around here we find lots of large rocks. The front fence is backed up with boulders so no one can just drive through. The weak areas could be booby trapped.

If you have a field that someone could come across remember this next thing but don't do it till you need to. With a spade carefully tip up a chunk of turf. Dig a foot deep under it and carefully replace the sod. Anyone stepping on a hidden hole like that will either break or twist an ankle.

Buy a box of 60 penny nails. Cut off the heads and sharpen. Weld a washer 1/2 way down the shaft. Anywhere an enemy would lay down to shoot at the house insert them accordingly. You can also cut hoops- crochet (sp) type trip wires and insert in tall grass with spikes in front of them. I cut them out of old cattle panel pieces.

Our front gate is 6 ft wrought iron I built. It has a remote closer.

We grow Ghost and Reaper peppers, dry then powder them in a blender. The idea here is to fill and old 2 gallon paint pot with powder and run a air hose down to the front gate. If I opened a valve anyone trying to climb the gate would be covered in nasty hot pepper powder. Even touching Reaper powder leaves blisters on your finger.

NOTE to guys. When processing hot pepper powder do NOT go use the restroom. Residual powder does bad things to you.
oldasrocks
oldasrocks

Back to top Go down