Keeping Family Informed-Where Preps Are & How to Use Them

2 posters

Go down

Keeping Family Informed-Where Preps Are & How to Use Them Empty Keeping Family Informed-Where Preps Are & How to Use Them

Post by ReadyMom Fri May 24, 2019 9:44 am

This is something that I see written about once in a while. How do you keep your other family members (that are living with you) informed on your home prepping. I'm the main prepper in our family. It is NOT a family affair Sad  . I'm usually made fun of. Hubby often threatens to go through the garage and clean it out. Kids never liked to talk about it. I did it anyway.

*I* know where things are. The rest of the family has a general idea. They only half-listened when I tried to tell them, or to explain the use of something. So, if they are ever in need of all the preparations that I've done, if I'm not there ... they'll be fumbling. It is what it is and not easy to change without causing ridicule and drama. Crying-Sobbing  

I've thought about writing down where things are, and what they are for, but just never got around to it. This link takes you to an excel sheet that gives you a good start on doing just that. It can be put in your binder, if you have one with a family plan & general prep instructions.

Priority List
http://www.iwillprepare.com/files/xlsx/Priority%20List.xlsx
Keeping Family Informed-Where Preps Are & How to Use Them Image390

Last edited by ReadyMom on Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Keeping Family Informed-Where Preps Are & How to Use Them Empty Re: Keeping Family Informed-Where Preps Are & How to Use Them

Post by dmwalsh568 Fri May 24, 2019 11:04 am

Yeah, I can relate to the family issues. I have dealt with it mainly by keeping my preps grouped together, so most medical preps are on one shelving unit, sauces and flavorings are on another, batteries and fire making equipment on a third, electronics in faraday cages, etc. And then I mention it to my wife periodically so she at least knows what area to look in for stuff rather than looking through the entire stockpile.
I figure the stuff I have cached elsewhere will just get lost if something happens to me, but I'm too paranoid to have a written list of that stuff in case of disaster...don't want to lose everything at once. But if I share the info with others they tend to just shutdown and not pay attention. Sigh.
Here's hoping they never need to find the stuff, or that I'm around if they do need it....

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down