Batteries-General Information

3 posters

Go down

Batteries-General Information Empty Batteries-General Information

Post by ReadyMom Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:18 pm

GREAT information on batteries: types of, safety and use.

Battery Basics: A Layman's Guide to Batteries
https://www.batterystuff.com/kb/articles/battery-articles/battery-basics.html

If you have done any research on how batteries work or what you should look for when selecting a battery, you’re probably buried in information, some of which is conflicting. At BatteryStuff, we aim to clear that up a bit.

You’ve most likely heard the term KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid). I’m going to attempt to explain how lead acid batteries work and what they need,  ... CONTINUED at LINK, above ...

Last edited by ReadyMom on Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
ReadyMom
ReadyMom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Batteries-General Information Empty Re: Batteries-General Information

Post by ReadyMom Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:20 pm

Best Batteries for Emergency Preparedness
https://americanpreppersnetwork.com/know-batteries/

Stock rechargeable batteries! This has long been dispensed as preparedness advice. The reasoning behind this advice is of course to have the ability to recharge the batteries for additional use once exhausted. If the stores are closed or you can’t get to them for more batteries at least you can rely on stash of rechargeable batteries. Depending on how the long the power is out, they may last you just long enough to get you by with a few modern conveniences like flashlights, headlamps and radios.

At present, there are four main types of rechargeable batteries that are commonly available for use in place of disposable batteries in electronic equipment. There is also larger Lead-Acid batteries (auto and RV) which are also rechargeable but for the purposes of this article I am only covering smaller consumer dry cell batteries. Rechargeable batteries are not all equal, each has it’s own positives and negatives, so which kind should you get? Keep reading and I will break down the different types of batteries for you below! --- CONTINUED at LINK, above ---

Last edited by ReadyMom on Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
ReadyMom
ReadyMom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:51 am

While I swear by the Eneloop rechargeable batteries for longterm use, beware there are Eneloop Pro batteries which are NOT the same. Eneloop Pro batteries are great in high drain devices, but you'll get a LOT more cycles out of the basic Eneloop batteries. Pro has 950 mAh capacity, but is only good for 500 charging cycles. Basic Eneloop has 800 mAh capacity, but they last for 2100 charging cycles!

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:45 am

dmwalsh568 wrote:While I swear by the Eneloop rechargeable batteries for longterm use, beware there are Eneloop Pro batteries which are NOT the same. Eneloop Pro batteries are great in high drain devices, but you'll get a LOT more cycles out of the basic Eneloop batteries. Pro has 950 mAh capacity, but is only good for 500 charging cycles. Basic Eneloop has 800 mAh capacity, but they last for 2100 charging cycles!

Thanks for the info, just ordered two 12 packs from ebay.

I used to see posts from a dmwalsh568 on the other side. Glad to see ya.
rick1
rick1

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:34 pm

Which Batteries Are Best for Survival Situations?
http://www.askaprepper.com/batteries-best-survival-situations/

When it comes to most survival situations, batteries are often overlooked. Too many people assume that all they need to do is make sure their battery operated survival gear is ready to go with new alkaline batteries and that they have a fresh pack of spares. This is an unfortunate assumption! ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:35 am

Prepping for Grid Collapse with Iron-Nickel Batteries
https://www.theorganicprepper.com/grid-collapse-iron-nickel-batteries/

Batteries-General Information Nickel%E2%80%93iron_batteries Due to the actual collapse of the Venezuelan grid, I have put together this article, entirely from the survivalist/prepper point of view. I will discuss different types of batteries you can use if the grid goes down, including my favorite, iron-nickel batteries. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:07 pm

Printable Tip sheet here, by the NFPA (National Fire Protection Association)

Smoke Alarms
https://www.nfpa.org/-/media/Files/Public-Education/Resources/Safety-tip-sheets/9VoltBatterySafety.ashx

Batteries-General Information Da6d4c7296346f13456649fb70e3d452

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down