Updates on Building EHP Discussion Forum

+3
Cinnamon
Dave58
ReadyMom
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Updates on Building EHP Discussion Forum - Page 2 Empty Re: Updates on Building EHP Discussion Forum

Post by ReadyMom Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:32 pm

Started a NEW thread for the nCov China News because we're obviously in this for the long haul and original opening thread is going to get REAL long. We can keep the threads going monthly:

Discussion & News: China----(February 2019)

ReadyMom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Updates on Building EHP Discussion Forum - Page 2 Empty Re: Updates on Building EHP Discussion Forum

Post by ReadyMom Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:43 am

I've changed the settings on EHP so that anyone who wants to access the forum needs to register & log in now. I have noticed that there are a lot of folks who visit, but don't actually register. When I visit other forums, they seem to be set up the same, so let's see how this goes.

ReadyMom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:13 am

Started a new thread in the CoVid19 Forum for videos. Pulled all the CoVid19 videos already posted and put them there, as well.

ReadyMom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:37 am

The CoVid virus is continuing to spread internationally, so I'm beginning to divide the global cases into their own threads by country.

ReadyMom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:59 pm

ReadyMom wrote:The CoVid virus is continuing to spread internationally, so I'm beginning to divide the global cases into their own threads by country.

You're always on top of things ReadyMom, wish I could think as fast as you. Happy Clap

rick1

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:48 pm

ReadyMom wrote:The CoVid virus is continuing to spread internationally, so I'm beginning to divide the global cases into their own threads by country.
You will be tracking the Reported Cases by country, and I will do mathematical modeling by region. This should give us lower and upper limits of how bad the situation really is. (My mathematical models are usually a bit on the "worse than average" probability.)

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:51 pm

Welp ... now that we're in a new phase with the CoVid 19 virus, that is starting a path in the US, I've made another change to the CoVid forum. There is now a 'Global' section and a 'United State' section for all the cases. We're going to need to break out the USA cases state-by-state to monitor more easily.

Hope this doesn't get you too confused. -rm

ReadyMom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:09 pm

I've been housekeeping again .... both here, and my own house ... getting more ready for this CoVid 19 outbreak. Trying to keep up with new that is fast & furious.

I've tried to clean up the CoVid 19 forum. All Cases & News are now combined into a single topic for EACH COUNTRY. Bouncing between a topic for news and another for cases was driving me crazy. Any Global news that is not specific for a single country can go in the Misc. thread for Global news & cases.

Same for the USA, we will continue to have single threads for individual state's cases & news, and a thread for overall/general USA news.

I'm also going to start posting more CoVid 19 specific information: Prep supplies needed, treatments, etc. Please share if you find that kind of info.

Hoping this helps, especially as others visit looking for help & info. -rm

ReadyMom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:44 pm

Too much news and too little time = I'm going to just be posting headlines & links for STATES now.

I'll also be concentrating on the USA, now that its on our shores. Unless something significant pops up in a country.

ReadyMom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:19 am

ReadyMom wrote:Too much news and too little time = I'm going to just be posting headlines & links for STATES now.

I'll also be concentrating on the USA, now that its on our shores. Unless something significant pops up in a country.

To be honest I have been just checking out what is happening in the USA . What concerns me the most is what is happening here not on the other side of the world....

ReadyMom I really appreciate all the time you have invested and the information that you have shared..If we all keep sharing maybe we can stay ahead of the curve

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:56 am

Dave58 wrote:
ReadyMom wrote:Too much news and too little time = I'm going to just be posting headlines & links for STATES now.

To be honest I have been just checking out what is happening in the USA .  What concerns me the most is what is happening here not on the other side of the world....

ReadyMom I really appreciate all the time you have invested and the information that you have shared..If we all keep sharing maybe we can stay ahead of the curve

ReadyMom, I agree with Dave, you're the tops RM, so here's a little dance for ya Dancing Yellow

Thank You-Kiss

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:57 am

I've moved the Corona Virus forum OUT of the Global News and put it at the TOP of the Home page. It looks like this:

* * * * * * * Corona Virus Outbreak * * * * * * *

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:44 am

With the increased spread of the CoVid 19 virus, cases are going to be spreading so fast, trying to keep up with state-by-state counts is getting increasing difficult.

We're also facing unprecedented first state, and now national closures. People will need help and if they land here, at Emergency Home Preparation, we should open the door and give them as much help as we can.

I know you're all busy pulling your last minute prep plans into place, and starting some new routines with your families. If you come across some info that will help others through the next few weeks - couple of months please post what you find.  That is where our EHP focus will be now.

If you want a state-by-state count, I highly recommend visiting FluTrackers, where they have a whole team of people that are watching the  world-wide web and posting updates. If you have Facebook, another great source is FluWiki on Facebook. Links for both are below.

https://flutrackers.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/93263609767/

Stay safe everyone! Wash your hands, look out for your Grandparents & other elderly. Read a good book. Finish that cross stitch that's been sitting in the corner. Have a picnic. Take a walk with the dog. Use this new time together to get back some family time, but don't drive each other crazy Laughing -RM

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:38 pm

I see there are new buttons at the bottom of each post for 'like' & 'dislike'.

I didn't put them there. Must be part of a program update by PHPBB.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:54 pm

I just checked and it's a new upgrade. I had the option of keeping both 'like' & 'dislike' or just 'like'. I turned the 'dislike' off and just kept the 'like' because it's really a great quick option to just let someone you liked the post but don't want to say anything else. I've seen this on other forums and always liked that option, so glad to have it here. -k

Admin

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:37 pm

I'm sorry if you got a ton of alerts about new posts from today. I was trying to clean up the Financial forum and almost lost all the posts from last year. I had to manually repost them, to archive them.  Crying-Sobbing

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimLE Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:11 pm

I'm not having any problems with alerts or notifications.matter of fact.the email I received brought me back.and yes.i wondered away and got lost some how. LOL

expect the worst. Hope for the best. And capitalize on each situation the best you can..

“Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an example unto you to follow us. For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies.”
jimLE
jimLE

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:02 pm

jimLE wrote:I'm not having any problems with alerts or notifications.matter of fact.the email I received brought me back.and yes.i wondered away and got lost some how. LOL

WELCOME Back, JimLE! Wondered where you were!!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:39 pm

Thanks, ReadyMom, for doing the housework. We appreciate it!

Hi, JimLE! Good to see ya!
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:46 am

ReadyMom wrote:I'm sorry if you got a ton of alerts about new posts from today. I was trying to clean up the Financial forum and almost lost all the posts from last year. I had to manually repost them, to archive them.  Crying-Sobbing
I wondered what that "archive" thread was all about Laughing

I am only sorry you had to do all of that work.
It should not be so easy to lose data.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:45 pm

Cinnamon wrote:Thanks, ReadyMom, for doing the housework. We appreciate it!

Hi, JimLE! Good to see ya!

I appreciate everything you do Ready Mom Bow Down Bow Down

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:27 pm

TRex2 wrote:
ReadyMom wrote:I'm sorry if you got a ton of alerts about new posts from today. I was trying to clean up the Financial forum and almost lost all the posts from last year. I had to manually repost them, to archive them.  Crying-Sobbing

My mistake. I think I hit the wrong 'button'.

Thanks for the 'thanks' everyone.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:35 am

ReadyMom wrote:
TRex2 wrote:

My mistake. I think I hit the wrong 'button'.

Thanks for the 'thanks' everyone.
It was actually a great walk down memory lane:
to see what was on all of our minds, 15 to 18 months ago.

(And it still shouldn't be so easy to lose data. You should see what it takes to "delete" data from some of the accounting systems I used to work on: the delete function was password protected.)

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:36 pm

ReadyMom, what happened, couldn't ya sleep last night.

I like the topics and pictures, looking good. Cheers-Beer2

TRex2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:29 pm

rick1 wrote:ReadyMom, what happened, couldn't ya sleep last night.

I have NO idea what you're talking about!! Seriously ... Surprised

I've been sick & not on much. Just saw the home page ... if you mean the photos & topics it looks like an update from host. Had NO idea that was there. And yea ... I like it too! Very Happy

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:30 am

ReadyMom wrote:
rick1 wrote:ReadyMom, what happened, couldn't ya sleep last night.

I have NO idea what you're talking about!! Seriously ... Surprised  

I've been sick & not on much. Just saw the home page ... if you mean the photos & topics it looks like an update from host. Had NO idea that was there. And yea ... I like it too! Very Happy
Glad he noticed, though, because I don't go to the actual homepage, very often. Usually start in the middle (instead of the beginning), and work my way out.

TRex2

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2