Masks-N100's (Are They Much Different from N95's?)

Go down

Masks-N100's  (Are They Much Different from N95's?) Empty Masks-N100's (Are They Much Different from N95's?)

Post by ReadyMom Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:50 pm

The best protection
http://www.cmaj.ca/content/168/12/1524.1.full

The transmission of the virus causing severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) appears to be by aerosol droplet and possibly through other routes.1 Therefore, it is recommended that health care workers and others who may be exposed1 employ respiratory and other personal protective equipment.2,3 The type of respirator that has typically been used by health care workers is the N95 half-mask.2,3 As correctly stated by Richard Schabas,2 the “N95-rated mask” is 95% filtration efficient,4 but does this level of efficiency provide the best protection for those at risk of exposure?

(SNIP)

A better selection for respiratory protection would be an N100 respirator with an ultra-low penetrating air filter (ULPA), which would cost only slightly more than an N95 respirator. N100 respirators have an efficiency of 99.977%,8 and ULPA filters are 99.999% efficient for monodispersed particles 0.12 μm in diameter or larger.9 HEPA (high-efficiency particulate air) filters would not be the best selection for use with a respirator because their efficiency is 99.97% for monodispersed particles 0.3 μm in diameter or larger, and coronaviruses are smaller than this (at about 60 to 200 nm).   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Masks-N100's  (Are They Much Different from N95's?) Empty Re: Masks-N100's (Are They Much Different from N95's?)

Post by ReadyMom Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:08 pm

This is an old link that I found. It's no longer working, but the info is good, so I'm sharing:

Different Types of N100 Masks

MasksNMore
http://www.masksnmore.com

3M 8233 N100 Particulate Respirator
3Mâ„¢ 8233 N100 Particulate Respirator is well suited for those who want NIOSH's highest rated filtering efficiency in a maintenance-free respirator. This respirator is an excellent choice for use when working with lead abatement, pharmaceutical manufacturing, and work involving specific regulated particles such as cadmium and arsenic. Available Individually

3M 8293 P100 Particulate Respirator Oil-Proof w/Exhalation Valve and Face Seal
Designed for welding, pharmaceutical manufacturing, and lead abatement. Features soft conforming face seal, 3Mâ„¢ Cool-Flowâ„¢ Exhalation Valve, and adjustable straps. Available Individually

Admin

Back to top Go down