Masks-Make Your Own

2 posters

Go down

Masks-Make Your Own Empty Masks-Make Your Own

Post by ReadyMom Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:40 pm

It IS NOT RECOMMENDED to be USED IN PLACE of an N95 or N100 Respirator Mask FOR TRANSMITTABLE DISEASE! But, I'm sure there could be a lot of other different uses for this type of face protection.

Masks-Make Your Own 5785783

DIY Gas Mask With A 2 Liter Soda Bottle
http://knowledgeweighsnothing.com/diy-gas-mask-with-a-2-liter-soda-bottle/

Admin

Back to top Go down

Masks-Make Your Own Empty Re: Masks-Make Your Own

Post by ReadyMom Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:20 pm

!!! The mask was designed by professional respiratory people expressly addressing the problem of what to do when the manufactered masks run out.

Simple Respiratory Mask
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3373043/

The US Department of Labor recommends air-purifying respirators (e.g., N95, N99, or N100) as part of a comprehensive respiratory protection program for workers directly involved with avian influenza–infected birds or patients  . . .

(Snip)

Quality commercial masks are not always accessible, but anecdotal evidence has showed that handmade masks of cotton gauze were protective in military barracks and in healthcare workers during the Manchurian epidemic (6,7). A simple, locally made, washable mask may be a solution if commercial masks are not available. We describe the test results of 1 handmade, reusable, cotton mask. . . .  (CONTINUED)

Masks-Make Your Own 05-1468-F

Prototype mask. A) Side view, B) Face side. This mask consisted of 1 outer layer (≈37 cm × 72 cm) rolled and cut as in panel B with 8 inner layers (<18 cm2) placed inside (against the face). The nose slit was first placed over the bridge of the nose, and the roll was tied below the back of the neck. The area around the nose was adjusted to eliminate any leakage. If the seal was not tight, it was adjusted by adding extra material under the roll between the cheek and nose or by pushing the rolled fabric above or below the cheekbone. Tie b was tied over the head. A cloth extension was added if tie b was too short. Finally, tie c was tied behind the head. The mask was then fit tested.   --- CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:47 pm

Face Mask Sewing Pattern
https://www.craftpassion.com/wp-json/mv-create/v1/creations/19/print?fbclid=IwAR2dlBk5R9XSalfLum-32g544OTt7feflhI43QUz5XLok_5Yxx_zeRzfj20

Masks-Make Your Own Face-mask-pattern-tutorial Free face mask sewing pattern & tutorial on how to sew double-layered mask. In 3 sizes, small kids, young kids and adult, with changeable elastic bands. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:33 pm

Another 'Make Your Own' tutorial. (Remember N95's or N100's are recommended. But if you can't get them ... make them):

Stitching a Fabric Mask
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71DNMeSUKEc

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:49 am

According to the DebriefMe website DebriefMe Website, their masks are made with a five layer system.

Theoretically, you can make the same mask, but it might be heavier and harder to breathe through. The components are as follows:

Filter cloth - which a week ago you could get on Amazon in a roll, but appears to have disappeared. However, a vacuum cleaner bag is the same material. Two layers next to the spunbound cloth.

Spunbound cloth (Not to be confused with spun-bond cloth) - which also was available on Amazon a week ago, but appears to have disappeared. This material is like the cheap reusable grocery bags you buy for a $1 at the store - not the plastic-y ones, the cloth ones. You need two layers and it is the outer layer on both sides of the mask.

Activated Charcoal cloth - still available on Amazon Charcoal Cloth. Goes in the middle between the two layers of spunbound cloth, single layer.

Exhalation/Breather valves - I can't find a place to buy these except in China.

Elastic - Can get that at WalMart or hobby stores.

The moldable metal bar...well, not sure where to get that but might be able to fabricate one from a soda can.

I have not tried to make masks, I just looked up how to do it. I have no idea if one made from the components I listed would be truly effective.

Make and use at your own risk.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down