Greenhouse Gardening

4 posters

Go down

Greenhouse Gardening Empty Greenhouse Gardening

Post by rick1 Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:56 pm

Greenhouse Gardening 4074591684   Starting this thread, because there have been some real good posts/suggestions over in the 'Plants to Grow Indoors' thread. I'm going to move a few posts from there, over to here ...
=======================

Cinnamon wrote:I have a potted orange tree that spends the winters indoors. It always flowers and fruits just before Spring. However, our summers aren't long enough for the fruit to ripen.

A climate controlled greenhouse is on my agenda of future projects.

I do grow scullions indoors.

Here Cin, I found this on how to heat a greenhouse without electricity:

https://www.theprepperjournal.com/2018/11/30/how-to-heat-a-greenhouse-without-electricity/

Back to top Go down

Greenhouse Gardening Empty Re: Greenhouse Gardening

Post by Cinnamon Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:07 am

Thanks, Rick! That is helpful.

My brother may or may not be moving nearby, and he wants to have a greenhouse, too. He was telling me his plans, I hope he can pull it off. It'd be good to have someone nearby who has the same plans.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by keebler Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:29 am

I bought a harbor freight 9 X 12.. green house Kit (NOT) as easy item to build. but doable. I did it by myself.
good luck.
keebler

keebler

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:57 am

Keebler, I've had my eye in that greenhouse for a while. However, Husband wants to build the one on the Ana-White website - so we can expand it. We're not ready to do it this year, but maybe next.

https://www.ana-white.com/woodworking-projects/diy-greenhouse

There are youtube videos that show adding vents and other modifications.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by keebler Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:49 pm

good luck when you all decide to do it...
keeb

keebler

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:07 pm

Thanks. We're still working on other things around the property and a surprise roof leak from strong rain and wind last week is now in the works before we move on to the next prep. It's not too expensive to fix, glad we have the emergency fund, though!
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Greenhouse Gardening Empty Greenhouse

Post by ReadyMom Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:36 pm

Cinnamon wrote:Keebler, I've had my eye in that greenhouse for a while. However, Husband wants to build the one on the Ana-White website - so we can expand it. We're not ready to do it this year, but maybe next.

https://www.ana-white.com/woodworking-projects/diy-greenhouse

There are youtube videos that show adding vents and other modifications.

I think we need a 'GreenHouse' thread! Comp-Work

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:02 am

How To Build An Indoor Greenhouse
https://www.askaprepper.com/how-to-build-an-indoor-greenhouse/

Greenhouse Gardening How-To-Build-An-Indoor-Greenhouse-20-1 (SNIP) ... Since our homes are nicely climate-controlled, it makes sense to bring some plants inside to keep them growing during the cold and dark winter months.

Inside our homes’ walls, we can easily provide a warm, well-lit, and moist environment for the plants to grow in. This is where a small indoor greenhouse comes into play. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:36 am

Using a Greenhouse for Food Self-Sufficiency
https://www.theorganicprepper.com/using-a-greenhouse-for-food-self-sufficiency/

Greenhouse Gardening Using-a-Greenhouse-for-Food-Self-Sufficiency (SNIP) ... If you want to increase your self-sufficiency, and help the planet at the same time, using a greenhouse can be a great step.

If you’ve never used one before, or haven’t had the results you’ve expected, it’s important to understand some of the best ways to use the structure effectively. Whether you choose a small basic greenhouse or one of the larger hoop greenhouses which are on the market, the basics stay the same. Read on for some tips to follow today. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:31 am

How To Make A Small Hoop House This Spring
https://www.askaprepper.com/how-to-make-a-small-hoop-house-this-spring/

Greenhouse Gardening How-To-Make-A-Small-Hoop-House-This-Spring-0-1 (BIG SNIP) ... It is difficult and expensive to acquire more tillable space. Even large plots of land have areas that are not conducive to growing food. Those areas are often dedicated to livestock or other activities.

But there is a straightforward project that costs under $100 and a few hours of your time that allows you to extend your growing season by planting earlier and harvesting later into the season, the hoop house. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down