CoVid19 Case Counts (Possible & Confirmed)-GLOBAL,Misc Countries

+3
Dave58
Drinkthekoolaid
ReadyMom
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

CoVid19 Case Counts (Possible & Confirmed)-GLOBAL,Misc Countries Empty CoVid19 Case Counts (Possible & Confirmed)-GLOBAL,Misc Countries

Post by ReadyMom Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:15 pm

SUSPECTED Cases in the UK, after travel to China ... NONE have been confirmed yet.

HatTip2 Hat tip to 'tetano', FluTrackers:

Coronavirus updates LIVE: Six tested for virus in UK as professor says 'many more cases likely'
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/coronavirus-latest-news-china-wuhan-lockdown-a4342131.html

Six people are being tested for suspected coronavirus in the UK, officials say.

The head of infection medicine at the University of Edinburgh Professor Jurgen Haas said he believes there will be many more cases from other cities in the UK.

Five of the cases are in Scotland and the other is in Belfast, Northern Ireland.

Tests are currently being carried out and none of the patients have been confirmed as having the disease.

Last edited by ReadyMom on Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:38 pm; edited 4 times in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

CoVid19 Case Counts (Possible & Confirmed)-GLOBAL,Misc Countries Empty Re: CoVid19 Case Counts (Possible & Confirmed)-GLOBAL,Misc Countries

Post by ReadyMom Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:42 pm

FRANCE!!

HatTip2 Hat Tip to 'Gert van der Hoek', FluTrackers

translation:

Coronavirus: first two confirmed infections in France
https://www.lemonde.fr/planete/article/2020/01/24/coronavirus-deux-premiers-cas-confirmes-en-france-a-bordeaux-et-paris_6027158_3244.html

Found in Paris and Bordeaux, these are the first confirmed cases in Europe of contamination by the virus that appeared in China, according to the Ministry of Health.

Two first cases of contamination by the coronavirus causing an epidemic in China have been confirmed in France, health minister Agnès Buzyn announced Friday, January 24.

These are the first European cases, she said at a press conference, adding that one of the patients was hospitalized in Bordeaux and the other in Paris.

Admin

Back to top Go down

CoVid19 Case Counts (Possible & Confirmed)-GLOBAL,Misc Countries Empty NCov-Global Cases

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:58 am

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

CoVid19 Case Counts (Possible & Confirmed)-GLOBAL,Misc Countries Empty Re: CoVid19 Case Counts (Possible & Confirmed)-GLOBAL,Misc Countries

Post by ReadyMom Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:17 am

HatTip2  Hat Tip to John West's Daily Big Threat Blog:

Coronavirus Update: Virus Confirmed In 15 Countries As China’s Death Toll Rises
https://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/coronavirus-update-virus-confirmed-in-15-countries-as-chinas-death-toll-rises-/

(SNIP) ... At least 2,794 cases of the novel coronavirus – including 81 deaths, so far all in China – have been reported across the world, according to a live tracking dashboard created by Johns Hopkins University. Chinese authorities currently report a further 5,794 suspected cases.

While the huge majority of cases are in mainland China, it has now been confirmed in 14 countries around the world,

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:29 am

CANADA:

HatTip2 Hat Tip to 'hawkeye', FluTrackers:

BREAKING: Ontario confirms second coronavirus case, wife of first case:
https://mobile.twitter.com/CdnPressNews/status/1221770378873384960

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:53 am

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:57 am

SRI LANKA:

HatTip2 Hat Tip to 'Shiloh', FluTrackers:

Container ship sailing from China reported 6 crew with fever
https://www.newsfirst.lk/2020/01/28/container-ship-sailing-from-china-reported-6-crew-with-fever/

6 Sri Lankan seamen confirmed ill, suffering fever and high temperature, on board of container ship CMA CGM URALl.The container ship is presently steaming in the Gulf of Aden, en route from China to Suez and then Mediterranean/Black seaports, via Singapore.

Merchant Shipping Association of Sri Lanka was alerted on a mass crew illness in the morning Jan 27. It is not known of course, at present, if seamen are infected with coronavirus, or it’s something else...

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:11 am

GERMANY:

Not the first case (in Germany), but Looks Like first case of H2H transmission in there, too:

Germany confirms human transmission of coronavirus
https://www.dw.com/en/germany-confirms-human-transmission-of-coronavirus/a-52169007

(SNIP): ... The first person in Germany to have tested positive for the new coronavirus was infected by a Chinese colleague who attended a company training event in the state of Bavaria a week ago, health officials said on Tuesday.

The colleague, a woman from Shanghai, "started to feel sick on the flight home on January 23," Andreas Zapf, head of the Bavarian State Office for Health and Food Safety, said at a press conference.

The 33-year-old man who contracted the virus lives near Starnberg, 30 kilometers (18 miles) south of Munich, and is in a "medically good state," according to the health authority.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:58 pm

(I'm thinking we need to break these global cases out into a new own thread, even though I'm only posting significant news from the individual countries)

FRANCE:

HatTip2 Hat Tip to 'tetano', FluTrackers:

Coronavirus: a fourth case confirmed in France and deemed "severe" -- Well .. he IS *80* years old!!  Rolling Eyes
http://www.leparisien.fr/societe/coronavirus-un-quatrieme-cas-confirme-en-france-et-juge-severe-28-01-2020-8246823.php

He is a Chinese tourist, "about 80 years old". The man was hospitalized in intensive care in Paris.

By M. C.
On January 28, 2020 at 6:39 p.m.

A fourth case of the coronavirus has been confirmed in France, Jérôme Salomon, the director general of health, announced on Tuesday at a press conference.

He is a Chinese tourist, "about 80 years old". The man was hospitalized in intensive care in Paris. "He is in severe condition," said the director general of health.

Added to the three cases already confirmed , this makes a total of four cases proven in France. This new case is not related to the first three, hospitalized in Bordeaux for one, and in Paris for the other two, in a state that does not generate concern.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:47 am

PAKISTAN:

Four Pakistanis infected with China coronavirus
https://www.khaleejtimes.com/coronavirus-outbreak/four-pakistanis-infected-with-china-coronavirus

Four Pakistani students in China have tested positive for the coronavirus, Special Assistant to Prime Minister on Health (SPAM) Dr Zafar Mirza said on Wednesday.

The news comes a day after a group of Pakistani students in China made a video appeal for their evacuation from the virus-hit city of Wuhan which has been on a complete lockdown. "Their condition is better now. Pakistani officials in China are in constant touch with all the students," Dr Mirza said at a press conference in Islamabad.

Not revealing the identities of the four students, Dr Mirza said, "The government will take good care of the students who have contracted the virus," adding that there have no confirmed cases of the deadly virus in Pakistan yet. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:42 pm

FRANCE:

UPDATE TO THIS ORIGINAL POST:

ReadyMom wrote:(I'm thinking we need to break these global cases out into a new own thread, even though I'm only posting significant news from the individual countries)

HatTip2 Hat Tip to 'tetano', FluTrackers:

Coronavirus: a fourth case confirmed in France and deemed "severe" -- Well .. he IS *80* years old!!  Rolling Eyes
http://www.leparisien.fr/societe/coronavirus-un-quatrieme-cas-confirme-en-france-et-juge-severe-28-01-2020-8246823.php

He is a Chinese tourist, "about 80 years old". The man was hospitalized in intensive care in Paris.   .....

So 80 y/o dad is a Chinese tourst, did NOT come from Wuhan, did NOT present w/ any symptoms, except for fever. So Chinese tourist + fever = Uh Oh. Now his daughter has it.

HatTip2 Hat Tip to 'Pathfinder', FluTrackers:

Translation Google

Coronavirus: a fifth confirmed case in France, two patients in intensive care
http://www.leparisien.fr/societe/coronavirus-un-cinquieme-cas-confirme-en-france-deux-patients-en-reanimation-29-01-2020-8247900.php

The Minister of Health, Agnès Buzyn, announced this Wednesday evening a fifth confirmed case of the new coronavirus in France. It is the daughter of the 80-year-old Chinese man hospitalized in Paris.

By Le Parisien
On January 29, 2020 at 8:21 p.m. , as amended on January 29, 2020 at 20:39

The epidemic continues to spread. The Minister of Health, Agnès Buzyn, confirmed on Wednesday a fifth proven case of the new coronavirus on French soil. She is the daughter of the fourth case, the 80-year-old Chinese tourist . "In serious condition", they both were placed in intensive care.

This man had arrived in France "on January 23" and first consulted the emergency room of the European Georges Pompidou hospital in Paris on Saturday 25. He was not initially detained, however.  (RM:  Rolling Eyes Wonder how many he infected?? )

"He had a fever but no cough or respiratory signs, he did not come from Wuhan (epicenter of the epidemic in China, editor's note) but from a city 400 kilometers north: he was far from the criteria and n 'was not selected as a possible case' of coronavirus infection, said Professor Yazdanpanah earlier today. Shocked

As of Wednesday morning, tests were underway to confirm her daughter's symptoms.

A first flight with 200 people

The Minister of Health gave details on the repatriation of the French who would not show any symptoms. “A first flight leaves this evening, with a medical team of around twenty people. This flight is a military flight, it will bring back to French territory about 200 people on Friday during the day ”.

She also specified that "these people would be transferred to a place and put in confinement for 14 days, the time of incubation of the virus".

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:00 pm

FINLAND:

Translation Google

A tourist was found infected by the corona virus at Lapland Central Hospital
https://thl.fi/sv/web/thlfi-sv/-/turist-konstaterats-smittad-av-coronaviruset-vid-lapplands-centralsjukhus?redirect=%2Fsv%2Fweb%2Fthlfi-sv%2Faktuellt

29/01/2020

A tourist has been found to be infected by the corona virus at Lapland Central Hospital. The tourist is currently isolated. The tourist comes from Wuhan in China. This is the first confirmed case in Finland.

“It was expected that illnesses related to tourism would also occur in Finland. The risk is still small that the disease is spreading in Finland, so you do not have to worry, ”says Mika Salminen , director at THL.

The Lapland Medical District and the local health authorities continue to manage the situation together with THL. About 15 people may have been exposed to infection. The medical district is following up on their health status.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:02 pm

AUSTRALIA:-7th Confirmed Case

Seventh Aust coronavirus case confirmed
https://7news.com.au/news/health/seventh-aust-coronavirus-case-confirmed-c-671555

Wednesday, 29 January 2020 11:40 am

The first case of coronavirus has been confirmed in Queensland as a 44-year-old Chinese national, bringing the national total to seven.

There are now four cases in NSW, two in Victoria and one in Queensland.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:12 am

CANADA

Hat tip to Hawkeye at FluTrackers.com  HatTip2  HatTip2

https://mobile.twitter.com/MgOqkzLBRPLCHyN/status/1222729048847089664?s=19

I  wonder if they were sick with fever when they boarded the plane and if they were why didn't they get told they couldn't fly ???

Last edited by ReadyMom on Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added 'Canada to post')

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:44 am

Dave58 wrote:Hat tip to Hawkeye at FluTrackers.com  HatTip2  HatTip2

I  wonder if they were sick with fever when they boarded the plane and if they were why didn't they get told they couldn't fly ???

OK Dave, you got me, I clicked on your link and everything is in chinese. Who's on the plane, where did it fly from, where is it flying to.

I can speak a little Vietnamese if that helps.

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:55 am

rick1 wrote:
Dave58 wrote:Hat tip to Hawkeye at FluTrackers.com  HatTip2  HatTip2

OK Dave, you got me, I clicked on your link and everything is in chinese. Who's on the plane, where did it fly from, where is it flying to.

I can speak a little Vietnamese if that helps.

Google Translation of the tweet:

One flight just arrived in Toronto, Canada, and everyone couldn't get off the plane. 7 people have a fever ... the flight number is unknown! There are known tweets.

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:01 am

Philippines

RM's NOTE: I think it's important to point out that although this person died OUTSIDE of China ... he was visiting FROM China and China is where he got infected. Media is going to have a field day with this and so is social media. People are going to freak out. 'Outside of China' is a technical point that most will ignore.

First coronavirus death outside China reported in Philippines
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/first-coronavirus-death-outside-china-reported-philippines-n1128371

The first death outside China connected to the novel coronavirus respiratory illness was announced Saturday by the World Health Organization.

The deceased was described as a 44-year-old resident of Wuhan, China, the epicenter of coronavirus outbreak, who had traveled to the Philippines, WHO Philippines officials said in a news conference.[/b]

Admin

Back to top Go down

CoVid19 Case Counts (Possible & Confirmed)-GLOBAL,Misc Countries Empty NCov-Global Cases

Post by ReadyMom Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:07 am

EUROPE

HatTip2  Hat Tip to John West's Daily Big Threat Blog:

Nations Choose Different Approaches to Combat Coronavirus Outbreak
https://www.voanews.com/east-asia-pacific/nations-choose-different-approaches-combat-coronavirus-outbreak

Countries around the world are taking differing approaches to prevent a coronavirus outbreak in China from spreading to their borders, with some nations instituting outright bans on Chinese citizens, with others issuing travel warnings or setting up quarantines.

(SNIP) ... The WHO said it does not recommend countries around the world initiate any travel or trade restrictions with China, but that advice has not stopped dozens of nations from putting some kind of restriction in place.

(SNIP) ... The most restrictive measures taken include travel bans on Chinese citizens.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:10 am

Philippines

ReadyMom wrote:Philippines

RM's NOTE: I think it's important to point out that although this person died OUTSIDE of China ... he was visiting FROM China and China is where he got infected. Media is going to have a field day with this and so is social media. People are going to freak out. 'Outside of China' is a technical point that most will ignore.

First coronavirus death outside China reported in Philippines
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/first-coronavirus-death-outside-china-reported-philippines-n1128371  

DOH now looking at burying body of nCoV-positive Chinese man
https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1225476/doh-now-looking-at-burying-body-of-n-cov-positive-chinese-man

MANILA, Philippines — With owners of crematory facilities refusing to cremate the body of the 44-year-old Chinese man who succumbed to the novel coronavirus acute respiratory disease (2019-nCoV ARD), the Department of Health (DOH) is now looking at burying the cadaver instead.

“I have instructed the medical center chief of the San Lazaro hospital to coordinate with the public cemetery and see if the corpse can just be buried there because the latest information is they don’t have a cremation process there so I’ll just to wait,” Health Sec. Francisco Duque III said in a press briefing Thursday... continued

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:16 am

SUMMARY: A Malaysian man attended a company meeting, at the end of Jan., in Singapore and came home infected. At least 3 others who attended the meeting have also been infected. Now the daughter of the man is also infected (=H2H transmission: father -> daughter)

MALAYSIA

Originally posted by Commonground
Coronavirus cases in South Korea and Malaysia linked to Singapore meeting spark WHO investigation

A Malaysian and South Korean were infected after going to a conference in Singapore, which included guests from China and Wuhan
   The source of their infections has not been identified

Continued: https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/east-asia/article/3049091/coronavirus-south-korea-confirms-two-new-cases-including-man

From article above: "At least three employees of the multinational company, including a 41-year-old man in Malaysia and a 38-year-old man in South Korea, were infected with the so-called 2019-nCoV virus after attending a meeting at a Singapore hotel in the third week of January, health authorities said.

UPDATE: Coronavirus: Malaysia confirms first case of human transmission arising from Singapore meeting, taking tally to 14
https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/southeast-asia/article/3049350/coronavirus-malaysia-confirms-first-case-human]https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/south...rst-case-human

Published: 5:22pm, 6 Feb, 2020

The sister of a 41-year-old Malaysian man who attended a meeting in Singapore last month has tested positive for the new coronavirus, the first known person-to-person transmission in the country, authorities in Malaysia said on Thursday said.

The 40-year-old Malaysian woman had direct contact with the man, who had returned to his hometown for the Lunar New Year holiday on January 23, Health Minister Dzulkefly Ahmad said in a statement.

The woman, who does not have a travel history to China, started showing symptoms on February 1, the minister said. Others in the man’s family have tested negative for the coronavirus.

“We are calling this the first Malaysian-transmitted local case,” Dzulkefly said.

The man had attended a company meeting at the Grand Hyatt in Singapore in mid-January. At least three people, including the Malaysian man, who attended the meeting have contracted the virus, sparking a World Health Organisation investigation of the case...

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:50 pm

FRANCE:

Translation Google

Coronavirus: two of the eleven hospitalized patients in France are cured
https://www.lemonde.fr/sante/article/2020/02/12/coronavirus-deux-des-onze-patients-hospitalises-en-france-sont-gueris_6029362_1651302.html

It is the first cure for patients on French soil. No new cases have been detected so far, according to the health ministry.

Le Monde avec AFP Posted today at 8:02 pm, updated at 8:26 pm

Two of the eleven people hospitalized in France after being contaminated by the new coronavirus are "cured" and have left the hospital, the ministry of health announced on Wednesday 12 February.

It is the couple of thirty-something Chinese who was hospitalized at the Bichat hospital in Paris, said the number two of the ministry, Jérôme Salomon, adding that no new case had yet been detected in France. During their screening at the end of January, the head of the infectious diseases department at Bichat said that this couple, "originally from Wuhan" , arrived on January 18 in France for a trip. Professor Salomon clarified that a cured patient does not require any special follow-up.

Nine hospitalized patients

The exit criteria respond to an “extremely safe protocol” which is the subject of an “international consensus” : the symptoms (fever, cough, etc.) must have disappeared, and “two negative tests are required” within an interval of twenty -four hours to ensure that these patients are no longer contagious. Other exits among the first cases will occur "in the coming days," he said.

After these two discharges, nine patients remain hospitalized in France. A 48-year-old Frenchman of Chinese descent, working “in the wine business” and a regular back and forth with China, is hospitalized in Bordeaux; an elderly Chinese tourist, in a clinical condition still "severe" , is hospitalized in Paris, as well as his daughter, also infected.

The sixth case detected is that of a liberal doctor contaminated in France by a person then returned to Asia; he is taken care of in Paris. Hospitalized in Lyon, Saint-Etienne and Grenoble, the last five infected and detected people - four adults and a 9-year-old child - tested positive after having encountered, at the end of January , a fellow countryman in Contamines-Montjoie British carrier of the virus which returned from Singapore.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by oldasrocks Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:34 pm

The chinese are like mushrooms. Popping up everywhere.
oldasrocks
oldasrocks

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:16 pm

oldasrocks wrote:The chinese are like mushrooms. Popping up everywhere.
Laughing

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:18 pm

EGYPT-1st confirmed case

HatTip2 Hat Tip to John West's Daily Big Threat Blog:
First coronavirus case in Africa: Egypt health ministry
https://www.news24.com/Africa/News/first-coronavirus-case-in-africa-egypt-health-ministry-20200214

Egypt's health ministry on Friday confirmed its first case of the novel coronavirus, making it the first in Africa.

The nationality of the person was not given in the joint statement with the population ministry, which added that they had shown no "symptoms". ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:11 pm

Uh Oh!

Elderly American woman, 83, is diagnosed with the coronavirus in Malaysia after she was cleared to leave the Westerdam cruise ship in Cambodia
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8007957/American-passenger-diagnosed-Coronavirus-cleared-leave.html

An elderly American woman discovered to have the coronavirus in Malaysia had been on the luxury cruise ship that disembarked in Cambodia after being turned away by five countries.

The 83-year-old woman and her husband were among 145 passengers from the Westerdam cruise ship who flew to Malaysia on February 14, Malaysia's health ministry said in a statement. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:25 am

HatTip2 Hat Tip to 'kiwibird', FluTrackers:

TRANSLATION:

New virus cruise ship confirmed 99 new infections
https://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20200217/k10012289341000.html?utm_int=news_contents_news-main_001

February 17, 2020 18:54New type pneumonia..... As a result, 454 passengers and passengers on cruise ships have been infected, of which 19 are seriously ill. ...

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:05 am

THAILAND:

HatTip2 Hat Tip to FluWiki, Facebook:

Coronavirus: Thailand records one new case, bringing total to 35
https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/coronavirus-thailand-records-one-new-case-bringing-total-to-35

BANGKOK (REUTERS) - Thailand has recorded one new case of coronavirus, bringing the total in the country to 35 since January, a senior health official said on Monday (Feb 17).

The new case is a 60-year-old Chinese woman, whose family members earlier contracted the virus, Mr Sukhum Kanchanapimai, the health ministry's permanent secretary said in a news conference.

"This is from an old case of a Chinese family of nine, all of them have now been infected," he said. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:09 am

INDIA-Crew from Container Ship

Two Chinese crew members of a ship, which arrived from the novel coronavirus-hit China, have been kept in isolation due to fever while the vessel has been “kept away from access”, the Chennai Port Trust said here on Wednesday.

The ship with 19 Chinese crew had visited ports in that country and was allowed here on Tuesday ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:41 pm

CANADA: British Columbia -- Woman from Canada returns home from IRAN ... POSITIVE. NEVER visited China

B.C. reveals 6th presumptive coronavirus case
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/coronavirus-bc-update-1.5470757

A sixth person in B.C. is believed to be infected with the coronavirus, and the case is raising new questions about how the disease is spreading, health officials announced Thursday.

The latest patient is a woman in her 30s who lives in the Fraser Health region, according to provincial health officer Dr. Bonnie Henry. She had recently returned from a trip to Iran and is now recovering at home.

Henry said officials were surprised when they learned the woman had only visited Iran, and not China or neighbouring countries that have seen the bulk of COVID-19 cases. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:05 pm

I heard about this one, from the WHO report, this morning. So I did a quick search:

LEBANON--first Case and it's from Iran!

Lebanon Confirms First Coronavirus Case in Plane from Iran
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/lebanon-confirms-first-coronavirus-case-in-plane-from-iran/ar-BB10f8PB

Lebanon confirmed its first case of new coronavirus on Friday, in a citizen who flew home from Iran.

One of the passengers who returned home from Iran tested positive in a checkup by the health ministry's central laboratory, reports said.

The passenger was quarantined at Rafik Hariri University Hospital. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:34 pm

ISRAEL:-Passenger from Cruise Ship

Israel Says Cruise Passenger Flown Home from Japan Has Virus
https://www.voanews.com/science-health/coronavirus-outbreak/israel-says-cruise-passenger-flown-home-japan-has-virus

JERUSALEM - One of the 11 Israelis who were flown home after being quarantined on a cruise ship in Japan has tested positive for the new virus that emerged in China late last year, the first case to be reported inside Israel, officials said Friday. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:45 pm

AUSTRALIA:-Cruise Ship Passenger from Japan

Australians From Cruise Ship Test Positive for Coronavirus After Testing Negative in Japan
https://www.voanews.com/science-health/coronavirus-outbreak/australians-cruise-ship-test-positive-coronavirus-after-testing

Two Australians who tested negative for the coronavirus after enduring a two-week quarantine on the Diamond Princess cruise ship docked in Japan tested positive for the virus when they returned home.

Brendan Murphy, Australia’s chief medical officer, said “It’s possible more people could develop positive tests over the next few days.” ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:47 pm

Update on coronavirus world wide, by country, update a few hours ago:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:17 pm

First Iraqi Suspected of Coronavirus Confirmed
http://www.basnews.com/index.php/en/news/iraq/583487?__cf_chl_jschl_tk__=8bb0958f191b12f60a74a5a29ef1ba4f97a2a8ba-1582421362-0-AX3EDu0LpsiIg0Y5gleGMiPgkzwCGYSauyXLsYivfAcRlMDO_Xwk4n4CduNgkjx8u71JTRpBfD0IBoJYEIM5ou26y05Jk3QekAFQDI6nfAmviBUtrhQ1nyGO34cf3tyrBD55cVarr-MlPelKcHwZgwLNsk8rHsbGfjCb745LaHZTnuOUolqvbf55vmFDiCWXf5rIkvv2-3sN99wWrJ2JUo1ssTkwhx0Q31ZeoFCjm-BgZr7Ca0Xjvfyem2tSHQzpEapodPwamyt7dr0QdvJDMnBTKXv8pl7Hx9o14o9OXYquGm_-RJ7bgasTYcSUdN_CXQ

Basnews English 22/02/2020 - 14:32 Published in Iraq

ERBIL — Medical sources reported on Saturday the first case of suspected coronavirus patient in southern Iraq.

According Dhi Qar Directorate of Health, a student in the province was put in quarantine after they found symptoms of the novel virus.

The man was a student in neighboring Iran, Qom province where over 20 people have so far tested positive and at least four are dead...

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:01 pm

ISRAEL:

This is related to the story over in the Korea Case thread!

Nearly 200 Israeli middle school students quarantined after contact with coronavirus
https://www.jta.org/quick-reads

JERUSALEM (JTA) — Over 200 Israelis, most of them middle school students, have been ordered into quarantine after coming into contact with a group of South Korean tourists, some of whom were infected with the coronavirus.

Students and teachers from three Israeli cities have been ordered by the Health Ministry to self-quarantine in their homes after visiting tourist sites at the same time as the group from South Korea. Nine members of the group, who returned home last week after a two-week visit to Israel, have since tested positive for coronavirus. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:13 pm

CANADA

B.C.'s 6th presumptive COVID-19 case flew from Montreal to Vancouver on Feb. 14
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bc-coronavirus-flight-montreal-vancouver-1.5473283

Air Canada says case confirmed Feb. 22, 8 days after flight, health officials have contacted others onboard

The B.C. Centre for Disease Control says the province's 6th presumptive case of COVID-19, a woman in her 30s, flew on an Air Canada flight from Montreal to Vancouver on Valentine's Day, eight days before she tested positive.

Officials say they have contacted those sitting close to her on the plane and flight staff as a precautionary measure. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:56 am

Oman-an Arab country on the southeastern coast of the Arabian Peninsula in Western Asia.

Oman reports first two cases of coronavirus - TV
https://nationalpost.com/pmn/health-pmn/oman-reports-first-two-cases-of-coronavirus-tv

Reuters
February 24, 2020
9:12 AM EST

DUBAI — Oman’s health ministry reported on Monday the first two cases of coronavirus infections in the Gulf Arab state, Oman TV said...

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:43 am

TAIWAN:

HatTip2 Hat Tip to 'kiwibird', FluTrackers:

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3880595

AIPEI (Taiwan News) — Taiwan reported two more cases of infection by the coronavirus (COVID-19) on Monday (Feb. 24), with the 29th and 30th cases being part of a family cluster that was first recorded on Sunday (Feb. 23).

Health Minister Chen Shih-chung (陳時中) said at a press conference Monday afternoon that the two newly confirmed cases include the younger son (29th case) of the previously identified 80-year-old woman (27th case) in northern Taiwan and his mother (30th case).

The son, who is in his 40s, began experiencing a sore throat on Jan. 29, but he did not immediately go to a clinic. It was not until his father was confirmed to have contracted the SARS-like disease on Sunday that he was hospitalized and tested for the virus

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:56 am

FRANCE:

HatTip2 Hat Tip to 'Gert van der Hoek', FluTrackers:

France - Coronavirus: passengers of a bus confined to Lyon after a suspected infection from Italy
Coronavirus : les passagers d’un bus confinés à Lyon après une suspicion d’infection venue d’Italie - Le Parisien
http://www.leparisien.fr/

Today, 08:13 AM
febr 24 2020

A case of coronavirus is suspected among passengers on a bus to Lyon (Rhône) from Milan. The Regional Health Agency is investigating. At the same time, the population is worried about the arrival of 3000 Turin supporters for a match against Olympique Lyon.

A suspected case of coronavirus was identified this Monday morning in Lyon (Rhône) in a Flixbus arrived from Milan at Perrache station. The services of the Regional Health Agency (ARS) are currently on site to assess the situation while certain cities in Lombardy, of which Milan is the capital, are subject to traffic restriction measures after the discovery of 149 cases of Covid-19 and four deaths.

According to our information, the passengers of the vehicle, also passed through Turin and Grenoble, are confined inside while the police and firefighters ensured the tightness of the area.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:58 am

IRAQ

HatTip2 Hat Tip to 'Gert van der Hoek', FluTrackers:

Iraq announces first coronavirus case: health ministry
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-health-iraq/iraq-announces-first-coronavirus-case-health-ministry-idUSKCN20I14M?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews
Today, 06:55 AM

(Reuters) - Local health officials in the Iraqi holy Shi’ite city of Najaf have detected the first case of coronavirus in the country, an Iranian theology student, the health ministry said on Monday.

The patient had entered Iraq before the government shut border crossings and banned the entry of any non-Iraqis coming from Iran, the ministry said in a statement.

“It has become clear to the ministry that the results of lab tests conducted on a theology student, an Iranian citizen, who had entered the country before ... the decision to stop travel have revealed he is ill with the coronavirus,” it said.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:09 pm

FRANCE:

Translation google

INFO FRANCE BLEU - Coronavirus: a suspected case detected in the Indre, transferred to the Tours University Hospital
https://www.francebleu.fr/infos/sante-sciences/info-france-bleu-coronavirus-un-cas-suspect-detecte-dans-l-indre-transfere-a-l-hopital-de-tours-1582572263

Monday February 24, 2020 at 09:13 PM - By Emeline Ferry , France Bleu Berry , France Bleu Touraine
Mézières-en-Brenne, France

An inhabitant of Mézières-en-Brenne, presenting symptoms of the coronavirus, was sent to the hospital center of Tours, waiting to know whether or not he is contaminated with Covid-19. He was returning from the carnival in Venice, a region affected by the epidemic.

A suspected case of coronavirus has been detected in Indre, learned France Bleu Berry. He is a man in his sixties, who lives in Mézières-en-Brenne. "It was a patient who called us because he was coming back from the Carnival of Venice, where he was with his wife. He came back on Friday and had symptoms, a high fever and a cough," said Doctor Chérif Mansour, responsible for emergencies at the Châteauroux hospital center. The patient was transferred directly from his home to the CHU de Tours. We are still waiting to know whether or not it is contaminated by Covid-19.

According to the emergency manager of the Châteauroux hospital, the patient had the right reflex by calling 15, and by not going to the emergency room, thus avoiding a possible spread of the virus. Doctor Chérif Mansour wants above all to reassure. The Châteauroux hospital is the benchmark establishment in Indre. The Minister of Health, Olivier Véran, indeed announced Sunday that all the departments of metropolitan France would have a hospital ready to welcome patients affected by the coronavirus .

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:11 pm

FRANCE:

HatTip2 Hat Tip to 'Pathfinder ', FluTrackers:

Translation Google

A suspected coronavirus case hospitalized in Ajaccio
https://www.corsematin.com/article/ajaccio/un-cas-suspect-de-coronavirus-hospitalise-a-ajaccio

By Isabelle Luccioni - February 24, 2020 at 10:33 pm
Corsica - Health

JEAN-PIERRE BELZIT ARCHIVES

A person who could have contracted the coronavirus was hospitalized yesterday at the end of the afternoon at the center hospitalier de la Miséricorde in Ajaccio, in an isolated unit confirmed the Regional Health Agency (ARS) of Corsica in the evening.

The information had circulated in the form of rumors throughout the afternoon but the health authorities, in Corsica and in Paris, refused to confirm it by warning that they would only speak on the proven cases. Despite everything, the persistence of this rumor which was gaining momentum over the hours led the director of the ARS, Marie-Hélène Lucenne to clarify the facts.

Neither the identity nor the age of the person hospitalized was disclosed. No more than how she could have come into contact with Covid 19. "She was the subject of samples which were sent to the reference center, that is to say, to the Pasteur Institute, for be analyzed there ", explains the director of ARS. Which specifies that "pending the return of these analyzes, this patient will remain hospitalized in isolation at the Mercy Hospital Center".

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:59 pm

VIEtNAM:

All 16 of Vietnam's coronavirus sufferers cured
https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2020-02-25/all-16-of-vietnams-coronavirus-sufferers-cured

HANOI (Reuters) - All 16 people in Vietnam infected with a new coronavirus have been cured, the health ministry said on Tuesday, adding that no new cases have been recorded since Feb. 13.

The last known patient, a 50-year-old man infected by his daughter who returned from China's central city of Wuhan, where the virus first emerged, has recovered and is in good condition, the ministry said in a statement. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:07 pm

Global death toll from coronavirus jumps to 2,704
https://en.mehrnews.com/news/156017/Global-death-toll-from-coronavirus-jumps-to-2-704

TEHRAN, Feb. 25 (MNA) – The death toll from China's new coronavirus epidemic jumped to 2,664 on Tuesday, up 72 from a day earlier, putting the global death toll to 2,704.

The total infections reported across the world stood at 80,155 by Tuesday, of which 77,660 are registered in mainland China.

Next comes South Korea with 893 infections, and death toll of 9. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:39 pm

AUSTRALIA:

Virus emergency blueprint: Australia pulls trigger on pandemic plan
https://www.smh.com.au/national/virus-emergency-blueprint-australia-pulls-trigger-on-pandemic-plan-20200225-p54490.html

The Australian government has activated its emergency response plan to an impending coronavirus pandemic, foreshadowing fever clinics, fast-tracked vaccines and severe pressure on hospitals, blood banks, medical supplies and mortuaries.

Dubbed "The COVID-19 plan", the blueprint outlines a strategy in the event of a large-scale coronavirus outbreak as world leaders and biosecurity experts warn a pandemic is almost inevitable. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:51 pm

AFRICA:

A Second Covid-19 Case Is Confirmed in Africa
https://allafrica.com/stories/202002260170.html

A second COVID-19 case is confirmed in Africa

The Ministry of Health, Population and Hospital Reform of Algeria has reported the country's first case of COVID-19. Health authorities report that tests indicate that an Italian adult, who arrived in the country on 17 February 2020 has tested positive for coronavirus disease.

This follows Africa's first COVID-19 case which was reported earlier this month in Egypt. Algeria is one of the 47 countries in the World Health Organization (WHO) African region. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:16 pm

FRANCE:-1st Death

First French citizen dies from coronavirus as outbreak of disease continues to spread across Europe
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/health/france-coronavirus-death-toll-rises-a4371881.html

A 60-year-old man has become the first French citizen to die after being infected with coronavirus, authorities have confirmed.

The first coronavirus death in Europe was a Chinese tourist who died in France on February 15.

But the man's death marks the first of a French citizen. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:08 am

BRAZIL:

With first case, Latin America prepares for COVID-19 virus
https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/case-latin-america-prepares-covid-19-virus-69242361

With Brazil reporting the first case of the COVID-19 virus, neighboring countries and other nations around Latin America are attempting to block the possible arrival of the virus ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:43 am

Malaysia:

Malaysian back from Japan tests positive for Covid-19
https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2020/02/569821/malaysian-back-japan-tests-positive-covid-19

The 53-year-old woman who had just returned from Japan, was referred to the Crisis Preparedness and Response Centre (CPRC). - NSTP/File pic
By New Straits Times - February 27, 2020 @ 9:11pm

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia recorded a new Covid-19 case today, in the form of a 53-year-old woman who had just returned from Japan.

The Health Ministry said the Malaysian, who is the country’s 23rd case, had returned from Japan on Feb 23 after which she had a fever.

Health director-general Datuk Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah said the woman sought treatment at a hospital in Kuala Lumpur...

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:46 am

SWITZERLAND:

New coronavirus Covid-19: three new confirmed cases in Switzerland
https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/das-bag/aktuell/medienmitteilungen.msg-id-78268.html

Bern, 27.02.2020 - A person from the canton of Geneva and two people in the canton of Graubünden have tested positive for the new coronavirus. The person in the canton of Geneva returned to Switzerland from the region of Milan a few days ago. All three are being treated in hospital in an isolation unit. Their health condition is good. The number of cases in Switzerland that have tested positive has therefore risen to four.

The person in the canton of Geneva is a man who tested positive for the new coronavirus after recently returning to Switzerland from the region of Milan. He is now in isolation at Geneva University Hospital. Tests carried out by the National Reference Centre for Emerging Viral Diseases in Geneva confirmed that the person was infected with the new coronavirus.

Both individuals in the canton of Graubünden are also in isolation at hospital and are in good health.

People who have been in close contact with the infected persons have been notified and placed in quarantine. The cantonal and federal authorities are taking all necessary measures to prevent the virus from spreading to others. This includes identifying people that the infected individuals may have come into contact with and monitoring their condition in quarantine over the next 14 days.

In view of the rising number of confirmed cases around the world, and particularly in northern Italy, it is likely that further cases will occur in Switzerland. The medical services are well prepared to identify and deal with suspected cases and treat further patients.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next