Spread of CoVid 19- It's Getting Bad!

2 posters

Go down

Spread of CoVid 19- It's Getting Bad!  Empty Spread of CoVid 19- It's Getting Bad!

Post by ReadyMom Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:13 am

Surgeon General has coronavirus warning: 'This week, it's going to get bad'
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/surgeon-general-has-coronavirus-warning-week-it-s-going-get-n1166421

The disease is spreading, the surgeon general said, because many people are not following the guidance to stay at home.

WASHINGTON — Surgeon General Dr. Jerome Adams warned Monday that the coronavirus outbreak will worsen this week and said that people across the country are not taking the threat seriously enough.

“I want America to understand this week, it's going to get bad,” Adams said in an interview on the “TODAY” show.

The disease is spreading, he said, because many people — especially young people — are not abiding by guidance to stay at home and practice social distancing.

“Right now, there are not enough people out there who are taking this seriously,” he said. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Spread of CoVid 19- It's Getting Bad!  Empty Re: Spread of CoVid 19- It's Getting Bad!

Post by ReadyMom Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:19 am

Why you must act now
https://covidactnow.org/?fbclid=IwAR3E_4rGk_7B6thzVU9hUYfW5a0GzbzFyAxyFQIoEJhGPyMJYsPmSZqJ1M8

This tool is built to enable political leaders to quickly make decisions in their Coronavirus response informed by best available data and modeling.

Here are the questions we built this tool to answer:

What will the impact be in my region be and when can I expect it?
How long until my hospital system is under severe pressure?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Spread of CoVid 19- It's Getting Bad!  Empty Re: Spread of CoVid 19- It's Getting Bad!

Post by ReadyMom Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:35 am

How high will COVID-19 mortality rates be in the US?
https://www.gzeromedia.com/how-high-will-covid-19-mortality-rates-be-in-the-us

VIDEO: Pulitzer Prize-Winning global heath writer Laurie Garrett discusses the intricacies of America's public health system with Ian Bremmer, and why some parts of the country are likely to see higher death rates from the coronavirus pandemic than others. --- VIDEO at Link---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:43 am

US now has third-most coronavirus cases as 35,000 test positive
https://nypost.com/2020/03/23/us-now-has-third-most-coronavirus-cases-as-35000-test-positive/

The US now has the third-highest number of coronavirus cases in the world behind China and Italy.

The number of confirmed infections in the country soared Monday morning to more than 35,000, including 471 deaths, according to figures from Johns Hopkins University.

Former White House homeland security adviser Tom Bossert warned the latest reports indicate that the US is on track to lead the world in the number of COVID-19 cases by next week. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:54 am

Gottlieb expects "shocking" scenes in New York as coronavirus deaths mount
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-scott-gottlieb-shocking-scenes-in-new-york-face-the-nation/

Washington — Former Food and Drug Administration Commissioner Scott Gottlieb warned Sunday that the impacts of the coronavirus pandemic in New York state, which has the highest number of deaths in the United States, could be "shocking" and predicted large facilities will likely have to be used to house those fighting the deadly illness.

"I think that the scenes out of New York are going to be shocking. I think that the hospitals in the next two weeks are going to be at the brink of being overwhelmed and we're going to start to see places like Javits Convention Center and other facilities used to start to house people," Gottlieb said on "Face the Nation." "They're going to start getting thousands of admissions coming into that city. And this was infection that started two weeks ago." --CONTINUED--

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:14 am

ReadyMom wrote:Gottlieb expects "shocking" scenes in New York as coronavirus deaths mount
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-scott-gottlieb-shocking-scenes-in-new-york-face-the-nation/

Washington — Former Food and Drug Administration Commissioner Scott Gottlieb warned Sunday that the impacts of the coronavirus pandemic in New York state, which has the highest number of deaths in the United States, could be "shocking" and predicted large facilities will likely have to be used to house those fighting the deadly illness.

"I think that the scenes out of New York are going to be shocking. I think that the hospitals in the next two weeks are going to be at the brink of being overwhelmed and we're going to start to see places like Javits Convention Center and other facilities used to start to house people," Gottlieb said on "Face the Nation." "They're going to start getting thousands of admissions coming into that city. And this was infection that started two weeks ago." --CONTINUED--

Let me say up front that I am not a lay down and quit type of person , but if our government doesn't shut everything down and do it right now its over with.. I think its quite clear that we are not their best interest...

I had to watch my wife walk out the door this morning to go to work she took some mask that we had at home because CVS Pharmacy doesn't provide them and by the end of the week she will be taking gloves.. They won't shut down the main part of the building and just use the drive thru for Rx.

Just a prediction before this is all over those of us that survive will see mass graves and barges loaded with bodies being hauled out into the sea and dumped.....

Sorry for the rant ,but this morning just seemed really hard...

Stay safe folks

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:29 am

Dave58 wrote: Sorry for the rant ,but this morning just seemed really hard...

Stay safe folks

I'm sorry Dave. Your wife is one of our Heros that's helping the folks who are in need. Thank you for that! Stay well, and vent all you want. We'll read/listen and offer some consolation, if we can. {{hug}}

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down