Cruise Ships

Go down

Cruise Ships Empty Cruise Ship-MSC Opera

Post by ReadyMom Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:53 pm

ANOTHER ship!  Pretty soon we're going to be able to get on a cruise for next-to-nothing!

MSC OPERA

HatTip2 Hat Tip to FluWiki, Facebook:

Coronavirus: 2,000 cruise ship passengers quarantined after tourist catches killer bug
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/coronavirus-2000-cruise-ship-passengers-21631745?fbclid=IwAR0N-xQGvdp7nh06WdbyyEKmEajXoQ-dCz5WezC8WPk-uJMOKZiNG44SXs4

Holidaymakers are trapped on a cruise ship and been told not to leave after a former passenger tested positive for coronavirus.

The captain of MSC Opera has told more than 2,000 people not to leave the ship.

Passengers were urgently called back from excursions and told it was due to a ''security problem''.

But once back on the ship they were told that a previous passenger who had sailed on the ship last week had tested positive for the bug.

The news came after the ship's itinerary had already changed twice due to Governments updating their travel restrictions at a ''fast pace''. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Cruise Ships Empty Cruise Ship-Grand Princess

Post by ReadyMom Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:42 pm

HatTip2 Hat Tip to  FluTrackers:

GRAND PRINCESS

Grand Princess Cruise Ship Quarentined by CDC
COVID-19: Grand Princess Under Quarantine for Coronavius After Passenger On Prior Cruise Becomes
https://www.cruiselawnews.com

Today, 02:51 PM
Grand Princess Health Advisory

Updated March 4, 2020

Last night / early this morning, our chief medical officer Dr. Grant Tarling issued this Health Advisory Letter to guests and crew currently sailing onboard Grand Princess. A similar notification has been emailed to guests who sailed on the previous voyage. For guests who sailed on the previous Grand Princess voyage (Feb 11-21), if you have experienced any symptoms of acute respiratory illness with fever, chills, or cough since your return home, please immediately contact your medical provider. You can also view the COVID-19 information card (PDF) provided by the CDC. Guests Health Advisory – Coronavirus
March 4, 2020

Dear Princess Guest:

I wish to advise you that today we have been notified by the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that they are investigating a small cluster of COVID-19 (coronavirus) cases in Northern California connected to our previous Grand Princess voyage that sailed roundtrip San Francisco from February 11 to February 21. We are working closely with our CDC partners and are following their recommendations.

For those guests who sailed with us on our previous voyage and may have been exposed,  ---CONTINUED---

Last edited by ReadyMom on Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Cruise Ships Empty Re: Cruise Ships

Post by ReadyMom Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:37 am

GRAND PRINCESS

News Release from Dept of Health:
Grand Princess cruise ship

https://health.hawaii.gov/news/corona-virus/covid-19-daily-update-march-4-2020-2/

The CDC announced it is investigating confirmed cases of COVID-19 linked to the Grand Princess cruise ship which is returning to San Francisco. That cruise ship is different from the Diamond Princess cruise ship. The Grand Princess had two passengers on a cruise to Mexico from Feb. 11-21 who became sick and after deboarding in California were confirmed for COVID-19. The same ship conducted a second cruise from San Francisco and docked in Hawai‘i from Feb. 26-29. While docked in Hawai‘i, an ill crew member was hospitalized and tested negative for COVID-19. At this time, the CDC has not identified a specific risk for Hawai‘i, and DOH will continue to work with them to determine if there is any potential health threat.

State Laboratories Division testing

The Hawai‘i Department of Health is now capable of in-state testing for COVID-19 and results can be ready within 24-48 hours of a sample being collected. This enhances the state’s prevention and mitigation response capabilities to further safeguard the health of people in Hawai‘i. The FDA is overseeing the development of commercially manufactured test kits for private and clinical laboratories that may be available in a few weeks.

Nocases of COVID-19identified in Hawai‘i at this time

Currently, there are no cases of COVID-19 identified in Hawai‘i. DOH is actively preparing for possible cases and working with state, county, and federal partners including the medical community in Hawai‘i. The following summary shows the number of individuals being monitored or under quarantine. Many of these individuals were identified through screening by federal officials at the Daniel K. Inouye International Airport. These numbers fluctuate often as travelers arrive, depart, or begin and end their self-monitoring with supervision by DOH.

Last edited by ReadyMom on Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:37 am

GRAND PRINCESS

https://www.khon2.com/coronavirus-2/hawaii-lt-governor-is-expanding-efforts-in-case-covid-19-reaches-state/

KHON2: Leahi Hospital considered for quarantine facility in COVID-19 preparedness...especially for those traveling or homeless and cannot isolate themselves inside their own homes....

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:45 pm

GRAND PRINCESS

Cruise Ship Issues Health Advisory to Passengers
https://www.travelpulse.com/news/cruise/cruise-ship-issues-health-advisory-to-passengers.html

DONALD WOOD MARCH 05, 2020Princess Cruises issued a “Health Advisory Letter” to passengers currently sailing or who recently sailed on the Grand Princess ship as health officials are investigating coronavirus cases from a previous voyage.

According to the cruise line’s official website, Princess’ chief medical officer Dr. Grant Tarling said the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) was investigating a cluster of coronavirus cases in Northern California connected to a previous Grand Princess sailing from San Francisco between February 11-21.

Passengers currently sailing on the Grand Princess are being asked to remain in their staterooms and anyone who believes they may be experiencing symptoms of the coronavirus should contact health officials onboard.

Travelers who sailed on the previous voyage should also stay in their homes until they’re contacted by medical staff from the CDC...
Princess Cruises✔@PrincessCruises
· 9h
We have been notified by the @CDCgov that they are investigating a small cluster of COVID-19 cases in Northern California, including guests who sailed on #GrandPrincess from Feb 11-21...

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:23 pm

HatTip2 Hat Tip to FluWiki, Facebook:

GRAND PRINCESS

Cruise ship passengers and crew 'in limbo' off San Francisco
https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Coronavirus/Cruise-ship-passengers-and-crew-in-limbo-off-San-Francisco

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:32 pm

HatTip2  Hat Tip to John West's Daily Big Threat Blog:  

GRAND PRINCESS

Cruise ship off California amid coronavirus outbreak to dock in Oakland on Monday, operator says
https://www.foxnews.com/health/cruise-ship-off-california-amid-coronavirus-outbreak-to-dock-in-oakland-on-monday-operator-says

The Grand Princess cruise ship, which has been held off the coast of Northern California since Thursday because of a coronavirus outbreak on board, will dock at the Port of Oakland on Monday, Princess Cruises confirmed late Saturday.

As of Friday, 19 crew members and two passengers had tested positive for COVID-19 and those who need "acute" medical treatment or hospitalization will be transported to medical facilities in the state, the company said in a statement.

Only 45 of the ship’s passengers have been tested for the virus, meaning the other nearly 3,500 aboard will need to be tested and quarantined once the ship docks. ---CONTINUED---

Last edited by ReadyMom on Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:58 pm

GRAND PRINCESS

Thousands Prepare to Get Off Ship Hit by Virus in California
https://www.voanews.com/science-health/coronavirus-outbreak/thousands-prepare-get-ship-hit-virus-california

SAN FRANCISCO - Federal and state officials in California were preparing Monday to receive thousands of people from a cruise ship that has been idling off the coast of San Francisco with at least 21 people aboard infected with the coronavirus.

Fences were being installed at an 11-acre site at the Port of Oakland, as authorities readied flights and buses to whisk the more than 2,000 passengers aboard the Grand Princess to military bases or their home countries for a 14-day quarantine. More than 3,500 on the ship hail from 54 countries. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Cruise Ships Empty Cruise Ship-Costa Fortuna

Post by ReadyMom Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:33 am

Cruise Ship COSTA FORTUNA

Coronavirus: 600 passengers disembarked from Costa Fortuna cruise ship as of noon, all found to be well
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/coronavirus-cruise-ship-turned-away-at-other-ports-docks-at-marina-bay-cruise

More than 600 passengers disembarked from the Costa Fortuna cruise ship in three hours, as of noon on Tuesday (March 10), and all have been found to be well.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Cruise Ships Empty Cruise Ship-The Regal Princess

Post by ReadyMom Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:34 am

Cruise Ship REGAL PRINCESS

A third Princess cruise ship kept at sea pending virus tests
https://www.financialexpress.com/lifestyle/health/coronavirus-a-third-princess-cruise-ship-kept-at-sea-pending-virus-tests/1893905/

Coronavirus Outbreak: The Regal Princess had been scheduled to return to sea on a seven-day Caribbean trip on Sunday, but that voyage was cancelled.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:35 am

GRAND PRINCESS

6 Filipinos infected with coronavirus on cruise ship in U.S.
https://www.rappler.com/nation/253791-filipinos-infected-coronavirus-grand-princess-cruise-ship-docked-california-march-10-2020

Admin

Back to top Go down

Cruise Ships Empty Cruise Ship-Adidasidas

Post by ReadyMom Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:36 am

Cruise Ship ADIDASIDAS

TRANSLATION:

Coronavirus: suspected cases on a cruise ship in the harbor of Marseille-2 suspected cases
https://www.lefigaro.fr/flash-actu/coronavirus-suspicions-de-cas-sur-un-bateau-de-croisiere-en-rade-de-marseille-20200310

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:59 am

GRAND PRINCESS

Coronavirus: Diamond Princess cruise ship’s food workers quickened Covid-19 spread, study finds
https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/east-asia/article/3075745/coronavirus-diamond-princess-cruise-ships-food-workers

Food-service employees aboard the Diamond Princess
hastened the spread of coronavirus on the stricken cruise ship, ultimately contributing to more than 700 cases, according to a US government study.

Although the first cases were detected among passengers, the virus spread to members of the crew, according to the study published on Tuesday in the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention’s Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Cruise Ships Empty Cruise Ship-Norwegian Jewel

Post by ReadyMom Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:24 am

Norwegian Jewel

Troubled cruise ship with 2K passengers arrives in Honolulu
https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/nation-and-world/troubled-cruise-ship-with-2k-passengers-arrives-in-honolulu-1988726/

HONOLULU — A cruise ship that had to cut short its trip because of the coronavirus and mechanical problems docked Sunday in Honolulu’s harbor.

The Norwegian Jewel, which carried about 2,000 passengers, docked in the late afternoon, the Honolulu Star-Advertiser reported.

The ship has problems with its propulsion, which will be repaired at Honolulu’s harbor, the Hawaii Department of Transportation said. The repairs to the ship must be made without passengers aboard, the department added. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Cruise Ships Empty Cruise Ships

Post by ReadyMom Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:05 am

Zaandam, a Holland America Line Ship

A cruise ship is still trying to get passengers to port. Now 42 people onboard are sick.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-cruise-ship-is-still-trying-to-get-passengers-to-port-now-42-people-onboard-are-sick/ar-BB11ylyX?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

Officials on one of the cruise ships that has been trying to find a port where it can offload passengers told all guests to stay in their rooms Sunday after 42 people reported to the medical center with “influenza-like symptoms.”

It was not known what made the 13 passengers and 29 crew members sick on Zaandam, a Holland America Line ship. There are no tests onboard for the novel coronavirus, which has infected hundreds of passengers on at least a dozen other ships around the world.  ---CONTINUED---

Last edited by ReadyMom on Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:37 am

Four dead, 138 sick on Holland America's MS Zaandam cruise in limbo amid coronavirus crisis
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/four-dead-138-sick-on-holland-americas-ms-zaandam-cruise-in-limbo-amid-coronavirus-crisis/ar-BB11Oc2j?ocid=iehp

Four elderly passengers on board Holland America's MS Zaandam have died on the cruise ship that is stuck in limbo during the coronavirus pandemic.

The ship is currently carrying 138 people who have complained of flu-like symptoms, which are similar to coronavirus symptoms. Two people have tested positive for coronavirus. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:14 pm

Australian police raid cruise ship linked to 600 coronavirus cases, 15 deaths
https://www.foxnews.com/world/australian-police-raid-cruise-ship-linked-to-600-coronavirus-cases-15-deaths

SYDNEY-- Police wearing protective gear boarded a cruise ship to seize evidence and question crew members of the vessel linked to hundreds of coronavirus infections and 15 deaths across Australia. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down