Executive orders

3 posters

Go down

Executive orders Empty Executive orders

Post by Dave58 Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:18 pm

If the Governor signs an executive order mandating that a mask be worn before you can enter a store are the police obligated to help enforce that order or can they refuse and ignore the order ???

Sorry i don't understand how this works...

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Executive orders Empty Re: Executive orders

Post by Blondie Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:04 pm

As a former cop, I'll say there's usually better things to do.

That said, it's usually up to the discretion of local departments. Here in MI, several Sheriffs said they will not enforce the govenor's mask order. It's likely a minor misdemeanor meaning you'd get a ticket. Unless you morph into a full blown idiot who wants to go to jail.

If you want to be a PITA you could always go into court before a judge who doesn't want to hear a garbage case, anyway.

Blondie

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:09 pm

Blondie wrote:As a former cop, I'll say there's usually better things to do.

That said, it's usually up to the discretion of local departments. Here in MI, several Sheriffs said they will not enforce the govenor's mask order.  It's likely a minor misdemeanor meaning you'd get a ticket. Unless you morph into a full blown idiot who wants to go to jail.

If you want to be a PITA you could always go into court before a judge who doesn't want to hear a garbage case, anyway.

Thanks

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:57 pm

Dave58 wrote:If the Governor signs an executive order mandating that a mask be worn before you can enter a store are the police obligated to help enforce that order or can they refuse and ignore the order ???

I'm a retired federal law enforcement officer and any executive order given by a government official holding an office to do so, is lawful, only until it is overturned by a higher court or is withdrawn by that government official.

With that being said, it's up to the local, state or federal law enforcement to enforce that executive order. If it's not enforced, well than you have no worries. But if it is enforced, well than you face the consequences.

In this case, if it's enforced, you'll receive what is called a non traffic citation which is nothing more than a minor misdemeanor and pay a fine, just like a speeding ticket.

ReadyMom and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:24 am

rick1 wrote:
Dave58 wrote:If the Governor signs an executive order mandating that a mask be worn before you can enter a store are the police obligated to help enforce that order or can they refuse and ignore the order ???

I'm a retired federal law enforcement officer and any executive order given by a government official holding an office to do so, is lawful, only until it is overturned by a higher court or is withdrawn by that government official.

With that being said, it's up to the local, state or federal law enforcement to enforce that executive order. If it's not enforced, well than you have no worries. But if it is enforced, well than you face the consequences.

In this case, if it's enforced, you'll receive what is called a non traffic citation which is nothing more than a minor misdemeanor and pay a fine, just like a speeding ticket.

Thanks for all the info. I always wear a mask in every store I go into and I was kinda hoping this would push the stupid people into wearing one also. It seems like a small price to pay for trying to stay safe....

The sheriff openly said that he had no intentions of enforcing the order.. I thought if that's the way its really works then why sign a EO to began with ??

It looks like I might have a lot to learn about stupid people

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by Blondie Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:44 pm

Well, the good thing is that we seem to have an over supply of stupid people so you have a variety to school you. Laughing

Blondie

rick1 and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:56 pm

Blondie wrote:Well, the good thing is that we seem to have an over supply of stupid people so you have a variety to school you. Laughing

Laugh Animated Laugh Animated Laugh Animated

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down