2021- APRIL - What Did You Do To Prep This Week/Month?

Go down

2021- APRIL - What Did You Do To Prep This Week/Month? Empty 2021- APRIL - What Did You Do To Prep This Week/Month?

Post by Cinnamon Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:55 am

Wow, I'm way late starting the thread. It has been a busy few weeks around the Cin/Husband homestead!

Husband did his poll worker duties (local county election, one candidate). Husband is also catching up on some medical issues exacerbated by his bout with Covid-19. He had to do multiple doctor visits and adjust some meds to re-calibrate his blood work.

He is currently working on a portable solar array. After the power outage, he thought we might need something portable in case we have to go somewhere for a bit.

We ordered green firewood to allow it to dry out by the end of the year. The wood provider delivered two cords last week. Husband spent two days sorting and stacking it properly. 2 more cords are coming within the next week.

The corn salad has not germinated yet, perhaps I left it for too late. However, the lime tree (not the six that were eaten by the cat, this is a new one) is leafing out and growing. It's about 6 inches tall.

I took three of my sewing machines in for repair. I also bought two more that were sitting in the shop. One is a Singer 285 made in Great Britain, the other is a Singer 401A, exactly like the one I already have. The 285 will be gifted to one of my kids, and the 401A is for future gifting for whoever shows a desire to sew. I've been gifting good, used sewing machines to family members for years. I'm very happy with the repairman's work and will be taking the treadle in soon to get it repaired. It's my non-electric machine (for power outages!).

The consignment shop where I had some of my sewn items is doing a remodel and had all the crafters come in to pick up our stuff. What little I had left was all the same, so I now know those won't sell. I have already gifted some of it to family who did want it. I'm currently working on new items and we'll see how they sell. Mostly baby things, as I expect with lock down there are a lot of babies already here, and more coming (6 new babies this year in our family!). This is my side hustle, so I'm not expecting big returns, but it's fun for me, and the money does come in handy. I'm also making some zero-waste items - unpaper towels and makeup remover pads, to start. I might do some cloth napkins, too. We'll see how it goes before I branch out into toilet wipes and cleaning wipes. I also made the final quilt top for the 6th baby...need to get it quilted and sent. My niece who had one of the babies asked for more baby wipes, so I whipped up 12 more for her and will be mailing them this week.

The rain has hindered our morning walks, but we are working our way up to walking every day again with the neighbor and her dog. We walked on our own property during the lock down, but it really wasn't as strenuous as our former morning walk on the gravel road up and down the hills. Getting back into the habit will strengthen our bodies.

So that's it for this week - getting the garden started, doing some long-term chores, working on our hobbies and trying to keep fit. Don't know what's coming in the future months, but it looks like some unrest is already happening.

Stay alert and be safe.

Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

2021- APRIL - What Did You Do To Prep This Week/Month? Empty Re: 2021- APRIL - What Did You Do To Prep This Week/Month?

Post by Cinnamon Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:01 pm

Our state has been open for some months, but people have been cautious and the closest town had limited hours on some things. However, they finally opened fully about a month ago and scheduled a city wide garage sale.

I scored some stuff. Smile

King-size set flannel Cuddl Duds sheets - $5
Two 6 inch PYREX pie plates - $2
Two sweaters for my Mom - $2
Three yards fleece - $1
Three yards of flutter fabric - $1
6 flannel receiving blankets - $3.00
3 flannel and 1 jersey receiving blankets - $3.00
DVD for Husband - $1
Two brand new T-shirt jersey nightgowns - $6

I've been sewing more stuff for the consignment shop. Husband has been working on the yard daily, cleaning, mowing and generally getting ready for Spring and Summer.

Our city kid asked for prep items for birthday. We got a small solar power kit, a light that plugs into it, and a headlamp to round out the preps for that kid.

We're watching the unfolding events and are doing our best to be prepared for anything.

Stay alert and be safe!

Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down