Radiation-General Info About

Go down

Radiation-General Info About Empty Radiation-General Info About

Post by ReadyMom Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:57 am

Frequently Asked Questions about Radiation
https://modernsurvivalblog.com/nuclear/frequently-asked-questions-about-radiation/

I recently came across an FAQ regarding several common questions that people ask about radiation, radiation dose, radiation units of measurement, radiation exposure versus contamination, and radiation treatment drugs. Given the remaining interest surrounding the nuclear accident in Fukushima, Japan, the following information may be of interest to you.

I have excerpted some information which was sourced from the Radiation Emergency Assistance Center/Training Site (REAC/TS) at the Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE), who are recognized around the world for expertise in the medical management of radiation incidents.  ---CONTINUED---

INcludes:
What is radiation?
How is radiation measured?
What is the difference between radiation exposure and radioactive contamination?
What about contamination that’s inside my body?
What is KI and How does KI work?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Radiation-General Info About Empty Re: Radiation-General Info About

Post by ReadyMom Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:59 am

The Medical Aspects of Radiation Incidents
https://orise.orau.gov/reacts/documents/medical-aspects-of-radiation-incidents.pdf

The Medical Aspects of Radiation Incidents provides the basic information needed for the medical management of victims of radiation incidents in an easy-to-understand manner and is now available to attendees of REAC/TS courses in “pocket guide” form.

It is also available in PDF format for free download. To view it, you must have the Adobe Reader, which is available free on the Adobe Web site.

• The Medical Aspects of Radiation Incidents (PDF, 1.1 MB )
  • Link for PDF Download: http://orise.orau.gov/files/reacts/medical-aspects-of-radiation-incidents.pdf
  • It is also available for free download to your mobile device or eReader in ePUB format. If you choose the ePUB format you will need one of the many available ePUB readers applicable to your device.
  • The Medical Aspects of Radiation Incidents (ePUB, 5.78 MB)

Among the topics discussed in The Medical Aspects of Radiation Incidents are:

• basic health physics and dose estimation (US and SI units)
  • treatment of whole body and acute local irradiation issues
  • assessment and treatment of internal contamination with radioactive materials
  • patient decontamination
  • delayed effects of exposure to ionizing radiation
  • risk and psychological issues

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:45 pm

Nuclear Radiation Exposure – Dealing with Radiation Risks
https://commonsensehome.com/nuclear-radiation-exposure/

Radiation-General Info About Nuclear-radiation-exposure   If you suspect you have been exposed to a significant amount of radiation, please contact a healthcare professional immediately. This post focuses on potential low dose nuclear radiation exposure. Many people have concerns about the Fukushima reactors and the nuclear emergency in Washington state. There are also threats of dirty bombs or other terrorist activities. We address the risks of radiation in homes, food and homesteads. We'll discuss the most common radiation concerns, and steps you can take to deal with them.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down