2021 OCTOBER - What Did You Do To Prep This Week/Mont?

4 posters

Go down

2021 OCTOBER - What Did You Do To Prep This Week/Mont? Empty 2021 OCTOBER - What Did You Do To Prep This Week/Mont?

Post by Cinnamon Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:08 pm

Started the new thread.

Bought more batteries for several small appliances. I also bought 2 more 670 nm deep red flashlights for light therapy. Supposedly 20 minutes a day of red light at that specific bandwidth is good for rebuilding cells, especially on injuries or wounds.

Trying to gather things for my medicine cabinet, and am dabbling in making herbal salves and other healing meds with herbs I've foraged/bought (plantain/comfrey/calendula/lavender).

Been dealing with family medical issues - my Dad is in the hospital with pneumonia on top of his failing heart. My brother, in a completely different state, was also in the hospital with pneumonia! This round of chemo is really taking it out of my sister - she's more tired and nauseous than before.

I've been sewing a lot more, and selling stuff, too.

I've been reading news with a heavy heart, and praying that God will hear from heaven, forgive our sins, and heal our land.

Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

2021 OCTOBER - What Did You Do To Prep This Week/Mont? Empty Re: 2021 OCTOBER - What Did You Do To Prep This Week/Mont?

Post by rick1 Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:27 pm

Gees Cin, you sure got your hands full.

Prayers our being sent your way for your family.

Back to top Go down

2021 OCTOBER - What Did You Do To Prep This Week/Mont? Empty Re: 2021 OCTOBER - What Did You Do To Prep This Week/Mont?

Post by Dave58 Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:22 pm

I will keep your family in my prayers Cin

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:24 pm

Dave and Rick,

Thank you for the prayers. Please keep praying, too.

I'm actually doing pretty well, this isn't my first rodeo in this arena, so I know what's involved, and can plan around everything.

My Dad called this morning, he'd been released, so Husband went to get him (2 hours away at a larger heart center).

My sister had to go do some stuff, so I took her and Mom and we had lunch out.

And then she wanted to go on a country drive. We meandered here and there, it was a beautiful day! We went down to the lake and took pictures of the pelicans and the herons.

On the way home, we saw a dump pile and my sister thought she saw a barrel (she's looking for a planter). It was tossed down in a ditch, and something else was to the side of it.

Turned out to be a nearly new Weber grill! The top was tossed aside, which is what I saw. I went down in the ditch and scavenged it - body, top, one grill, and the ash tray. All in perfectly good condition.

What is wrong with people!?

Anyway, it was a nice day all around.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:34 am

Cinnamon wrote:Started the new thread.

Bought more batteries for several small appliances. I also bought 2 more 670 nm deep red flashlights for light therapy. Supposedly 20 minutes a day of red light at that specific bandwidth is good for rebuilding cells, especially on injuries or wounds.

Trying to gather things for my medicine cabinet, and am dabbling in making herbal salves and other healing meds with herbs I've foraged/bought (plantain/comfrey/calendula/lavender).
As much as I know about pharmaceuticals, I don't know nearly enough about the herbs and salves used a century or more ago, and I don't know much about those "deep red" LED's, but I do know they have worked for some of my family (my parents and some cousins).

Been dealing with family medical issues - my Dad is in the hospital with pneumonia on top of his failing heart. My brother, in a completely different state, was also in the hospital with pneumonia! This round of chemo is really taking it out of my sister - she's more tired and nauseous than before.

I've been sewing a lot more, and selling stuff, too.  

I've been reading news with a heavy heart, and praying that God will hear from heaven, forgive our sins, and heal our land.
Keep praying for your Dad, brother, and sister, and we will do the same.

Do not concern yourself with "our land." I spent 39 years in the AF and working for the Army, but I have come to the conclusion the Lord has removed His scepter from our nation (as He did the British Empire, before us), and is now, preparing the way for the End Times. If you have not read John Glub's "Fate of Empires," I recommend it.

Pray for those who love the Lord to live in peace, and pray they have peace in their hearts.

TRex2

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:59 am

Feeling blessed neighbor gave me 10 4x8 sheets of 1/2 OSB board.. He said it was in his way and thought I could use it..

Cin I made some anti itch cream from plantain early this year works great... I got the recipe from You-Tube. I am going to make some dandelion salve this spring..

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:54 pm

TRex, thank you - I will look for the book. I am praying for peace and know God is with me. Talked to a friend today about all this and we agreed to pray even more.

Dave - I need to collect more plantain, my stock is gone. Visiting family loved the salve and I gave them all I had except my own personal supply. It's great stuff.

Went to the Amish store today - they have dehydrated herbals so I stocked up on hibiscus flowers, marshmallow root, hyssop, echinachea, and hawthorn berries. I'm not sure of some of the uses but I've been reading my herbal books, and all were mentioned in the chapters I've been reading. Figured I'd get them all and figure out the particulars later. Smile

Also got some rose absolute oil for soap and candle making.

I also got a bushel of Fuji apples to make into applesauce.

Sold some sewing today, too! YAY!

Cinnamon
Cinnamon

rick1 and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:57 pm

Cinnamon wrote:TRex, thank you - I will look for the book. I am praying for peace and know God is with me. Talked to a friend today about all this and we agreed to pray even more.
Not really a book. More like booklet, about 26 pages in all.
Published in 1976, now in an easy to find pdf.
Here:
http://people.uncw.edu/kozloffm/glubb.pdf

Or type this line into your favorite serch engine:
Fate of Empires Glubb pdf

TRex2

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:09 pm

Thanks, TRex!

I downloaded to read later.

Husband canned more spaghetti sauce and beef stew (we keep giving it away). A case each, I think.

I turned that bushel of apples into 12 pints and 12 half-pints of applesauce. Already gave 2 away to the neighbor who cuts my hair. Smile

I took the peels and scraps of the apples, added some water and let them cook down into juice. Strained, and then turned the juice into 12 pints of jelly. Ummm...some wouldn't gel, so I removed it from the quart jars and tried clear-gel. Didn't really work. It's sweeter and thicker, so it's now 3 quarts of "apple topping" for ice cream, pancakes, etc. Smile

The carpenter next door got my cabinets done for the bonus room/man cave. We had stuff piled everywhere and I looked out there and realized we didn't have any storage space. So I figured out what I wanted, asked the neighbor if he could do it, and he came through with a lovely design. It cost me some because price of wood, but it is worth every penny.

There's a cubby with slide-out drawers for Husband's solar array and shortwave (he only receives, no license needed), a cabinet with shelving inside, 6 large drawers, another cabinet with shelving inside, and then another small cubby on the end. Neighbor even drilled out and moved electrical plugs to the top to accommodate some of the equipment.

The wall the cabinet is on also has windows above it that are the full length of the room. I used to put tables in there for my plants each winter. I asked the neighbor to make the top laminate and now my plants will have a nice home each winter. No more mismatched tables.

I got another sewing commission, so I'm working on that, too.

One evening while my Dad was at the ER (he's OK), I was too nervous to sleep, so I cleaned out my desk. Found my therapy putty. My hands have been troubling me lately. One has slight neuropathy from the pinched nerve, the other hand has one finger that gets trigger locked, and affects part of the whole hand. I started playing with the putty for about 5 minutes each day. The trigger lock hand is now functioning normally, and the neuro hand is doing much better, although the neuro is still there.

We're still doing small winterizing chores, and waiting for 2 cords of wood to be delivered.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:11 pm

Canned 11 quarts of fagioli soup (without the pasta) and 12 quarts of vegetable beef soup.

Been sewing fleece neck gaiters for family and friends, they're buying them as gifts. Also sewed more microwave bowl cozies that people bought for gifts. Everyone's getting into Christmas mode...

Still organizing my sewing room whenever I have a free hour to spare. And I'm finishing off a lot of old projects I've found that were in storage, and that were moved into the sewing room.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down