Jiff Peanut Butter

Go down

Jiff Peanut Butter Empty Jiff Peanut Butter

Post by TRex2 Sun May 22, 2022 9:14 am

I don't see where the article says when the PB was sold, or where, and I haven't found any matches in my stores (yet), but I have some lot numbers just outside of this range, that I bought in Feb or March, this year.  

(The link is for an international news scraper.)
https://newsrnd.com/news/2022-05-22-some-jif-peanut-butters-recalled-after-salmonella-outbreak-reported-in-these-12-states.HkKOdQDv5.html
If you've recently purchased any jars of Jif-brand peanut butter, you should review them carefully, as some of these have been recalled, warn the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Diseases (CDC).

Jif's Creamy, Crunchy, Natural, Reduced-Fat Peanut Butters are associated with a 12-state Salmonella outbreak that has left 14 sick, including two hospitalized.
JM Smucker Co. announced it was voluntarily recalling some Jif-brand peanut butter products due to possible salmonella contamination.

Vials with lot numbers from

to

have been recalled and should be disposed of, the company said.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Jiff Peanut Butter Empty Re: Jiff Peanut Butter

Post by TRex2 Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:31 am

I been looking through my stores, and it appears the recall of their PB Jars runs through all of the stuff sold in Feb and March.  

The lot number looks like, 1274425385...
(some may have more digits to the right)
and is right below the 'best by' date

If the first four digits are between 1274 and 2140
then look at the next three digits,
and if they are 425, it is recalled.

Edit to Add:
I found  a couple more jars, with purchase dates of Dec 2021 and April 2022.
Grrrrrrr...

Last edited by TRex2 on Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)

TRex2

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:12 pm

An update, on the fallout, from the JIF peanut butter recall.

Because my system consists of dozens of containers, almost all of the small enough for a person to carry, and I have an inventory for each of them, I am able to determine which containers have peanut butter in them.

I basically ruled out those that were filled and audited (I put the audit date on the container inventory) before November of 2021, since it appears peanut butter bought before that date is safe.

I identified a dozen containers to check and have checked most of those. So far, I have found 25lb of peanut butter that falls under the recall. The containers are stacked along one wall of a room, so I will probably take a few more days to finish going through them.

After some arguing with myself, I have decided not to attempt to get reimbursement from the company. I really don't need to confirm, to anyone, that I have stockpiles of food. Yes, it is possible, certain agencies have read enough of my Internet traffic to know this, they are on the East Coast, and I have taken measures to make it somewhat difficult to know for certain, exactly who I am, and where I live. Not that it would stop them, but I suspect, like anyone, they go after the easiest target, and that isn't me.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down