Misc. Medical Supplies

2 posters

Go down

Misc. Medical Supplies Empty Misc. Medical Supplies

Post by ReadyMom Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:33 am

Survival Tip: Making a Nonadherent Dressing
http://beprepared.com/blog/4118/survival-tip-making-a-nonadherent-dressing/

Hey there. Here's an interesting tip from Eric A. Weiss, MD. He wrote Wilderness and Travel Medicine, a comprehensive guide that fits in your pocket. It's also great for bug out bags and emergency kits.

Here's the doctor's Weiss Advice on making a nonadherent dressing:   ---CONTINUED---

Last edited by ReadyMom on Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Misc. Medical Supplies Empty Re: Misc. Medical Supplies

Post by ReadyMom Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:05 pm

Bandages That Should Be In Your Bug-Out Bag
https://blog.foodinsurance.com/bandages-that-should-be-in-your-bug-out-bag/

First aid in an emergency situation should never be overlooked. Even the smallest cut can get infected and could potentially turn fatal. This is why you should always be prepared with bandages and ointment. When deciding which bandage you should pack for your first aid kit in a bug-out bag, here are some things you should consider:   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:38 pm

Stethascope --- Do you have one in your medical supplies?

Misc. Medical Supplies Stethoscopeanatomy

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:44 pm

How to Use a Stethoscope
https://www.nurselly.com/how-to-use-a-stethoscope/

Most people who are new to the healthcare field often don’t know how to use a stethoscope. What’s the point of having the best stethoscope but not know how to use it?

You don’t have to be ashamed to the extent of faking your way with it. The following article will give you tips on how to use the instrument and by the end, you will have no difficulties using it.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:55 am

6 Overlooked Pieces of Medical Equipment Every Prepper Should Have
https://www.theorganicprepper.com/medical-equipment/

Misc. Medical Supplies 6-Overlooked-Pieces-of-Medical-Equipment-Preppers-Should-Have   One of the problems with medicine is that there are lots of gadgets – everywhere you look there is a machine that wrrrr’s or goes ‘ping’. There are lots of useful gadgets which you could invest in, but most are horrendously expensive or require extensive servicing or very specific batteries to make them work.

(SNIP)

In this list are some (mostly) cheap but potentially very useful pieces of medical equipment, whose usefulness can be glossed over or under-estimated.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:48 am

6 More Uncommon First Aid Items
https://www.backdoorsurvival.com/6-more-uncommon-first-aid-items/

Misc. Medical Supplies Six-more-uncommon-first-aid-items   (SNIP) ... Ebola and now measles have become a threat and it is only a matter of time where my first aid kit will be called into play to protect my household from contamination from sickness, or worse, a pandemic.

As I try to cover all contingencies, I have come up with six additional items well suited to the prepper’s first aid kit.  These are all items that are commonly available and low in price.  Not only that, you may already have a number on hand.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:53 am

Review: Be Medically Prepared with a Gunshot & Bleeding Wound Kit
https://www.backdoorsurvival.com/be-medically-prepared-gunshot-wound-kit/

Misc. Medical Supplies Be-Medically-Prepared-with-a-Gunshot-Bleeding-Wound-Kit-   (SNIP) ... accidents do happen and we all need to be prepared for a medical emergency when help may not be on the way.  It is my opinion that everyone should have a kit that can control severe bleeding and my top choice is the Gunshot Wound Kit from Doom and Bloom Store.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Misc. Medical Supplies Empty Misc. Medical Supplies-2

Post by rick1 Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:14 pm

I'm fortunate that if the SHTF, 2 of my sisters and their husbands will be here on the farm. They are both RN's and have all types of medical gadgets in several of their medical bags.

I will have to mention to them about blood clot items for gunshot wounds, just in case they don't have anything.

I buy and keep track of the antibiotics, of course it's based on what they tell me to buy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down