Non Electric Kitchen Gadgets

4 posters

Go down

Non Electric Kitchen Gadgets Empty Non Electric Kitchen Gadgets

Post by ReadyMom Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:40 am

15 Kitchen Gadgets That Work Without Power
https://urbansurvivalsite.com/kitchen-gadgets-that-work-without-power/

Non Electric Kitchen Gadgets Ngcb11 (SNIP) ... What if the power is out and you want to use the blender, the mixer, the toaster, the waffle maker, the coffee pot, or one of the many other kitchen appliances we tend to take for granted?

Fortunately, there are many non-electric alternatives. I suggest you start replacing your kitchen appliances with non-power versions and learn to use them. This way, if the power goes out it won’t be as big of an inconvenience. Here are 15 kitchen gadgets that don’t need power. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

rick1 and TRex2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Non Electric Kitchen Gadgets Empty Re: Non Electric Kitchen Gadgets

Post by Cinnamon Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:43 pm

I have collected a handcrank juicer, a blender, a food processor, a noodle maker, and a grater from various yard sales over the years.

Lehman's catalog features a lot of handcrank tools.

I really want one of those glass jar butter churns, but haven't seen one at a yard sale yet.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

TRex2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:56 am

I am surprised the article didn't mention the most basic non-electric gadget of all: the can opener.

Maybe it escapes attention because it is like saying "non-electric pencil," but I recall a scene in the movie "Blackout" that they didn't have a hand cranked can opener, and tried to open a can with a knife. (Instant injury.)

Most of us old timers have a P38 (or maybe a P45) in our 72 hour bag, and most of us don't even own an electric can opener, but I know a couple people who do.

I have heard at least a couple people complain that they can't find a hand can opener that lasts very long. There must be a few really bad ones out there, but a good one isn't that hard to find. First thing to look for is the little gears behind the cutting wheels. Some of the cheaper ones don't have those, and I have found the ones without the little gears don't last very long.

TRex2

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:54 am

TRex2 wrote:I am surprised the article didn't mention the most basic non-electric gadget of all: the can opener.

Maybe it escapes attention because it is like saying "non-electric pencil," but I recall a scene in the movie "Blackout" that they didn't have a hand cranked can opener, and tried to open a can with a knife. (Instant injury.)

Most of us old timers have a P38 (or maybe a P45) in our 72 hour bag, and most of us don't even own an electric can opener, but I know a couple people who do.

I have heard at least a couple people complain that they can't find a hand can opener that lasts very long. There must be a few really bad ones out there, but a good one isn't that hard to find. First thing to look for is the little gears behind the cutting wheels. Some of the cheaper ones don't have those, and I have found the ones without the little gears don't last very long.

P38, yep, got dozens of those, but in the Corps, we call them John Wayne's.

They do make cheap (China) hand crank can openers.

I have several of these can openers too, but with the wooden handle. Only paid a buck or two for them at yard sales:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/325253831675?hash=item4bbaa39bfb:g:VNoAAOSwzTxiwfCP&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA8Oc%2BEYkI2YaoJDRD%2FVYpUcTT9%2F9CqR4bQdWeayjf8C00bIO1f8QcRUAunXzXnmjh2h8eaSG6Ed3ORHrbvHOH0DZIpz2on5YAw%2FU77XHWggT7Ne4iKtxeEFVtKQyYTpmqxfDjclq7Vzvhr6uREFS%2BK1xWjOqhAL%2B8cpAXy417GGBnQ%2FdeMkq2kDqS5vsx%2FiXDWpWRsA6WM%2FqIN7gN3Ek7682NOxBdqKFyXczmFzmHuRawVjK34x%2BejstOU4%2F8rB%2BTpyvkphIKuVx%2FTtp3J0IxOGk6qzHS8k4Uki%2BvgSN%2BpAkabvYPRE8mtcU8g90bGcnuVg%3D%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR_a1zvzbYA

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:14 pm

rick1 wrote:
TRex2 wrote:I am surprised the article didn't mention the most basic non-electric gadget of all: the can opener.

P38, yep, got dozens of those, but in the Corps, we call them John Wayne's.

They do make cheap (China) hand crank can openers.

I have several of these can openers too, but with the wooden handle. Only paid a buck or two for them at yard sales:

Might be useful as trading stock in the ritzy part of a city, but I wouldn't allocate the space to keep them. (I am a bit tight on space, which you may, or may not, have picked up on, by some of my previous remarks.)

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:33 pm

We have P38s in the emergency kits. We also have some in our home stash.

I also have a hand crank pencil sharpener. Smile
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down