Security Cameras

4 posters

Go down

Security Cameras Empty Security Cameras

Post by Dave58 Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:35 am

Any recommendations on security cameras ?
Something that is easy to install and maintain..

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Security Cameras Empty Re: Security Cameras

Post by dmwalsh568 Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:01 pm

Dave58 wrote:Any recommendations on security cameras ?

Ring cameras are as easy as anything to setup and use. But they are cloud connected devices and Amazon is the parent company. So it was an easy choice for me to use for my mother-in-law's house that we were selling.

For prepping purposes, I'd prefer something locally controlled with a DVR. But I don't have enough experience with various camera styles. Best I can suggest is something with PoE (power over ethernet) cameras and have everything run back to your DVR and PoE switch. If you're not comfortable making your own ethernet cables they come pre-made in various lengths to make things easy (you just need a slightly bigger hole to pass the cable through any walls since the ethernet jack is bigger than the cable itself.)

dmwalsh568

rick1 and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:09 am

dmwalsh568 wrote:
Dave58 wrote:Any recommendations on security cameras ?

Ring cameras are as easy as anything to setup and use. But they are cloud connected devices and Amazon is the parent company. So it was an easy choice for me to use for my mother-in-law's house that we were selling.

For prepping purposes, I'd prefer something locally controlled with a DVR. But I don't have enough experience with various camera styles. Best I can suggest is something with PoE (power over ethernet) cameras and have everything run back to your DVR and PoE switch. If you're not comfortable making your own ethernet cables they come pre-made in various lengths to make things easy (you just need a slightly bigger hole to pass the cable through any walls since the ethernet jack is bigger than the cable itself.)
I know at least a couple guys who use trail cams, and the picture stays in a memory card inside the camera.

TRex2

Dave58 and dmwalsh568 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:10 pm

There are guys down at camp that use indoor/outdoor, wireless, wifi, IR baby/animal monitors.

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down