Home Security-General Tips & Ideas

3 posters

Go down

Home Security-General Tips & Ideas Empty Home Security-General Tips & Ideas

Post by ReadyMom Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:15 am

Ways to Make Your Home More Defensible
http://www.askaprepper.com/ways-make-home-defensible/

Your home is your castle, but it should also be a fortress, especially when times get tough. If society collapses and you are bugging in, either because you chose to or because for whatever reason you couldn’t make it out of the city to your bug-out location, you need to ensure that your home and your family stay safe.

Naturally, if there is a collapse of society, whether it is financial collapse, natural disaster, pandemic, EMP, or something else, things are going to get bad. However, the good news is there are things you can do to prepare your home so it is more defensible should looters or desperate people come knocking. ---CONTINUED---

Last edited by ReadyMom on Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:20 pm; edited 2 times in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Home Security-General Tips & Ideas Empty Re: Home Security-General Tips & Ideas

Post by rick1 Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:49 pm

My yard is full of firewood, stacked on 4' X 4' skids, about 5' tall. On several of the stacked wood, it's hollow in the middle for a guard(s) to sit in to give a command to turn around or get shot.

Although, there is only the wife and I, if all goes south, there will be another 7 to 10 people here on the farm to help out with everything. Hopefully they'll show up, they all live within 4 miles of us, all immediately family members.

I have enough lumber to board up the entire downstairs, windows, doors, etc.. The upstair windows will be blocked off at night with moving blankets, tarps, etc. to keep the light from shining through.

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:44 pm

There are still people that trap for sport and love the outdoors, I'm one of them. I've been trapping since I was 12yo. I have some old #11 long spring traps that I won't use anymore for animals so I converted them to two legged animals.

What I did was to take #16P nails, cut them in half and weld two pieces on one side of the trap (jaw) and 3 pieces on the other side (jaw). I then bent the nail upwards by about 1/16 of an inch, so when the trap closes, the nail won't hit the other side of the jaw.

Although, it won't kill a two legged critter, he/she will give off one heck of an alarm (scream) and that alarm will continue to sound until someone lets their foot/ankle out of the trap. I don't think they will be coming back. No

Make sure you spike the chain deep in the ground so they don't run off with it. I have 8 traps designed this way and plan on using them when things go south.

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:39 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:47 am

I see that Martin County Sheriffs office in Kentucky, has posted a letter to its citizens due to budget cuts. Kind of puts the county commissioners on the hot seat:

https://www.wowktv.com/news/local-news/martin-co-sheriff-lock-your-doors-load-your-guns-and-get-you-a-biting-barking-dog-/1751076499

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:24 pm

Right now our main line of defense is pit bulls and pump shotguns.. If shtf things will get easier to defend as more family show's up.

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:11 am

No Power? No Problem! Methods for Home Security When the Grid is Gone
https://www.askaprepper.com/no-power-no-problem-methods-home-security-grid-gone/

Home Security-General Tips & Ideas 1-No-Power-No-Problem-Methods-for-Home-Security-When-the-Grid-is-Gone-890x395_c   One of the biggest concerns people have with home security is what is going to happen when the power goes down? When the grid is out what are my options? Simply put not only do you have a lot of options you probably already have most of them with your home security system. You just need to have your mind right and a plan in order so you can figure out what to do when you power is gone.

(SNIP) ... here are a few conventional and unconventional options that you may not have considered for when the grid is gone.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:46 am

Pit bulls and pump shot guns

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:19 am

There's ideas here for everyday 'normal' life and things that can be done for SHTF, as well:

37 Home Security and Crime Prevention Secrets for Preppers
https://www.backdoorsurvival.com/20-home-security-crime-prevention-secrets-for-preppers/

Home Security-General Tips & Ideas 20-Home-Security-and-Crime-Prevention-Secrets-for-Preppers   A major component of family preparedness is the maintenance of comfort, control, and self-preservation in a time of crisis.  Whatever the source of the crisis, we as humans want to protect the homestead and our loved ones at any cost.  (And by the way, many species on the animal kingdom do the same.)

(SNIP) ... I need to do an inventory of the home security and crime prevention measures currently in place so that I can ensure that both my family and my preps are secure.  In doing so, I came up with these 20 time-tested crime prevention secrets for preppers. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:55 am

How to defend your bug out/in location: Preparing your battlespace
https://graywolfsurvival.com/3342/defending-bug-location-preparation-battlespace/

Home Security-General Tips & Ideas How-to-defend-your-bug-out-location-Preparing-your-battlespace-main If you’re trying to defend a homestead or bug out location with a small group, you need to improve your odds by what are called force multipliers. One of the best ways to fight like a larger group is to prepare your battlespace.

(SNIP) ... This post will give you a few ideas to get you started but once you get the idea, you should be able to come up with your own, based on your location. Obviously, this is preparing for a worst-case scenario so normal safety precautions have to be measured. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:11 am

How to Prevent Theft After Disaster: 9 Steps, Including Guard Dogs
https://rethinksurvival.com/how-to-prevent-theft-after-disaster/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rethinksurvival+%28reThinkSurvival.com+Updates%29

Home Security-General Tips & Ideas Prevent-theft-after-disaster-9-steps (SNIP) ... Besides basic survival needs, clearly one of your biggest concerns after a disaster hits is going to be the potential for theft and looting. If the world as you know it collapses, law and order tend to go out the window, and if you’ve got a good stash of supplies then you will be a target. Here’s what to do… ---CONTINUED---

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:49 am

Hardening Your House
https://survivalblog.com/hardening-house-r-r/

(SNIP) ... Unfortunately, preparedness nowadays needs to be taken to another level.

(SNIP) ... make sure your house and property is hardened against break-ins and assault. Now mind you, living in an urban area with houses being separated by about 6 to 10 feet from each other, that’s not as easy as being out in the country where you can have a clear view in each direction to monitor for approaching threats and set up early warning systems to notify you of danger. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

rick1 and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:08 am

7 Unusual Home Security Tips You Probably Didn’t Know
https://urbansurvivalsite.com/7-unusual-home-security-tips-you-probably-didnt-know/

Home Security-General Tips & Ideas 7-unusual-home-security-tips-you-probably-didn%E2%80%99t-know-pin-4 Whether you’re an experienced home defense guru or a complete amateur, the best way to prepare against a burglary or home invasion is to prevent it from happening in the first place. But no matter how watchful you are, sometimes you have to sleep, and some thieves know how to get around the standard home security measures.

In case that happens, there are many unusual methods to protect your family and valuables–methods that don’t involve moving out of your 3-bedroom house and into a fortified castle. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:17 pm

17 Common Home Security Mistakes
https://urbansurvivalsite.com/17-common-home-security-mistakes/

Home Security-General Tips & Ideas 17-common-home-security-mistakes-wide-2   (SNIP) ... Many burglaries could be prevented if people didn’t make so many home security mistakes. If a burglar is absolutely determined to get into your home in particular, he will probably find a way. But as long as you avoid making mistakes (like leaving a window unlocked), most burglars will skip your home in search of an easier target.

Here are some common home security mistakes. How many of these mistakes have you made?   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:53 am

VIDEO at link, below:

Home Defense and Security 101
https://rethinksurvival.com/home-defense-and-security-101/

Home Security-General Tips & Ideas Home-defense-101   Discusses what he calls the “4 D’s” of home defense ...

(SNIP) ... For the novice homeowner who would like to beef up their defensible space in a suburban environment, this is a good video to watch ... ---CONTINUED---

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:39 am

Now this is home security in real life, it's just too bad they weren't taken out in body bags:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/two-men-break-into-home-armed-resident-shootout

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:23 pm

30 Ways To Improve Home Security Right Now
https://urbansurvivalsite.com/ways-to-improve-home-security-right-now/

Home Security-General Tips & Ideas Ngcb11   It’s a simple fact that most homes in America today are not naturally defensible. They have many entry points and are usually easy to break into.

Fortunately, there are literally dozens of steps that you can take to improve your home security. All you need to do is ask yourself is this: What would you do if you were to rob your own home? How would you break in? That should make it easier for you to figure out where the vulnerabilities are. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:27 pm

11 Home Security Tips for Life After SHTF
https://urbansurvivalsite.com/home-security-tips-shtf/

Home Security-General Tips & Ideas 11-home-security-tips-for-life-after-SHTF-pin-3   (SNIP) ... unless you happen to be the Duke of a large estate with a fortified castle, you’ll have to put some effort into securing your home from invaders. An SHTF scenario will drastically widen the gap between the Haves and the Have-Nots, and if people suspect you’re one of the Haves, you’ll need multiple security measures to deter and repel them.

Prepare for the worst while you still can with these 11 home security tips that could save your life after the SHTF. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:55 am

Home Security Tips From A Military Expert
https://www.askaprepper.com/home-security-tips-from-a-military-expert/

Home Security-General Tips & Ideas Home-Security-Tips-From-An-Ex-Soldier-0 (SNIP) ... In this article, I will provide advice and tips on how to increase the security of your home. I have decided to break the topic down into sections based upon what I see as the worst offences in home security. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

rick1 and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:23 am

11 Ways to Fortify Your Survival Shelter
https://rethinksurvival.com/11-ways-to-fortify-your-survival-shelter/

Home Security-General Tips & Ideas 11-ways-fortify-survival-shelter   (SNIP) ... Storing food and survival supplies is important, but so is protecting yourself and those supplies. What can you do to fortify your survival shelter against break-ins? Here’s a few thoughts.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:29 am

9 Home Security Mistakes That You Are Probably Making Right Now
https://www.askaprepper.com/9-home-security-mistakes-that-you-are-probably-making-right-now/

Home Security-General Tips & Ideas 9-Home-Security-Mistakes-That-You-Are-Probably-Making-Right-Now-01-750x375 No one is perfect, and when it comes to home security, all of us tend to make mistakes that may seem small but can result in significant breaches to our homes.

(SNIP)

These are nine home security mistakes you might be making right now. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:28 am

10 Easy Ways To Deter Burglars
https://urbansurvivalsite.com/10-ways-to-deter-burglars/

Home Security-General Tips & Ideas Ngcb11 (SNIP) ... even if there is enough water and food to go around, there will still be criminals who try to take advantage of the lack of law enforcement. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:58 am

30 Survival Weapons For Your SHTF Arsenal
https://urbansurvivalsite.com/survival-weapons/

Home Security-General Tips & Ideas Ngcb11 (BIG SNIP) ... This article will serve as the ultimate list of survival weapons that you should consider getting for your arsenal, including both firearms and non-firearms. Without any further ado, let’s dive right in. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:50 am

8 Tricks That Will Make Your Home Easier To Defend After SHTF
https://urbansurvivalsite.com/tricks-that-will-make-your-home-easier-to-defend-after-shtf/

Home Security-General Tips & Ideas Ngcb11 (SNIP) ... It won’t matter if you have six months of food, water, and medical supplies to ride out a storm if you can’t defend it. That is why the purpose of today’s article is to recommend eight easy things that you can do to better defend your home when the SHTF and before. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:58 am

9 Ingenious Ways To Keep Looters Away From Your Property
https://www.askaprepper.com/9-ingenious-ways-to-keep-looters-away-from-your-property/

Home Security-General Tips & Ideas 9-Ingenious-Ways-to-Keep-Looters-Away-From-Your-Property-0-750x375 You’ve read the articles on how to defend your home, how to secure it against forced entry, and what the best home defense weapons are. You know all that. But you don’t even want things to get that far.

You’re looking for something preventative – something that will keep looters from ever even thinking your house is a good place to target in the first place.
If that sounds like you, then read on.

These are 9 ingenious ways to keep looters off your property: ---CONTINUED---

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:59 pm

Try this gadget for a home security system, paintballs and tear gas:

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/ai-powered-home-security-system-strikes-back-with-paintballs-tear-gas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down