DHS Says Prep for SIX Months!!!

4 posters

Go down

DHS Says Prep for SIX Months!!!  Empty DHS Says Prep for SIX Months!!!

Post by ReadyMom Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:20 pm

WHAT??? THIS is a DRAMATIC increase in the preparedness suggestions of the past! For general preparedness, the suggestion has always been a few days. We were happy when Ready.Gov and the American Red Cross decided to increase to 2 weeks. Now THIS! Like I said ... this is a DRAMATIC increase! (Can't help but think "what do they know ...?")

DHS Says Americans Need to Start Prepping for up to six months without electricity!
https://offgridsurvival.com/dhspowergriddownwarning/?fbclid=IwAR1U0Ec4AWVGIpbA9DpGdReThHpbfL7mIYktVi6gwsNscrClbUJ07jX31kY

December 10, 2018

In a new report from the President’s National Infrastructure Advisory Council and published by the Department of Homeland Security, the government is urging the public to prepare for the up to six months without electricity, transportation, fuel, money, and healthcare.

DHS is warning that the electric grid is now the “prime target” of terrorists, and says Americans need to be prepared for a power outage of up to six months. The report says that “People no longer keep enough essentials within their homes, reducing their ability to sustain themselves during an extended, prolonged outage. We need to improve individual preparedness.”

The report, titled Surviving a Catastrophic Power Outage”,  warns  . . . ---  CONTINUED ---

Admin

Back to top Go down

DHS Says Prep for SIX Months!!!  Empty Re: DHS Says Prep for SIX Months!!!

Post by rick1 Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:45 pm

ReadyMom wrote:WHAT??? THIS is a DRAMATIC increase in the preparedness suggestions of the past! For general preparedness, the suggestion has always been a few days. We were happy when Ready.Gov and the American Red Cross decided to increase to 2 weeks. Now THIS! Like I said ... this is a DRAMATIC increase! (Can't help but think "what do they know ...?")

DHS Says Americans Need to Start Prepping for up to six months without electricity!
https://offgridsurvival.com/dhspowergriddownwarning/?fbclid=IwAR1U0Ec4AWVGIpbA9DpGdReThHpbfL7mIYktVi6gwsNscrClbUJ07jX31kY

December 10, 2018

In a new report from the President’s National Infrastructure Advisory Council and published by the Department of Homeland Security, the government is urging the public to prepare for the up to six months without electricity, transportation, fuel, money, and healthcare.

DHS is warning that the electric grid is now the “prime target” of terrorists, and says Americans need to be prepared for a power outage of up to six months. The report says that “People no longer keep enough essentials within their homes, reducing their ability to sustain themselves during an extended, prolonged outage. We need to improve individual preparedness.”

The report, titled Surviving a Catastrophic Power Outage”,  warns  . . . ---  CONTINUED ---

Holy Moley, that's one heck of a jump for preps, but, I'm covered by way more than the  6 months. PopCorn

Here's another report on power outage/6 month supply on hand:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/start-prepping-electric-grid-prime-target-of-terrorists-profound-threat-says-dhs

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:07 pm

Another one:  (?? - Is the Washington Examiner considered a tabloid?)
Start prepping! Electric grid ‘prime target’ of terrorists, ‘profound threat,’ says council
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/start-prepping-electric-grid-prime-target-of-terrorists-profound-threat-says-dhs

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:20 pm

Wow - that's pretty dramatic.

Of course, we are prepped for longer than that. Plus, we live in the woods with lots of forage and critters. And we are surrounded by people who are also prepped. We all have to be, sometimes when our road is iced over in winter, no one can go anywhere. Longest we stayed in was 3 weeks, but the final week was driveable, we just didn't want to.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:21 pm

I can't find where the report actually says that, although it strongly implies it. I don't think the masses are going to heed it, either.

It has become an often repeated axiom, that people have two modes when it comes to an approaching disaster, complacency and panic. (As preppers, we choose neither of those options, and the world looks at us like we are the crazy ones.)

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:56 pm

Here's another:

New Urgency to Prepare for an Extended Power Outage
https://theprovidentprepper.org/new-urgency-to-prepare-for-an-extended-power-outage/

In December 2018, The President’s National Infrastructure Advisory Council (NIAC), released a report entitled Surviving a Catastrophic Power Outage, How to Strengthen the Capabilities of the Nation. The government recognizes that the power grid is a prime target for attack by nation states and explains: “There needs to be more individual accountability for preparedness”. While they work to improve the resiliency of the infrastructure, we need to do our part and increase the ability of our individual households to live without electricity for an extended period of time.

How do I prepare to survive an extended power outage that lasts for 6 months to a year? It is important to build physical resources as well as develop important survival skills and relationships. Physical resources include: water and food storage, alternative energy methods for cooking, lighting and heating, sanitation, medical supplies, communications and physical protection. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:44 pm

The good news, or the bad, is that after a few months, there will be a lot fewer of us to feed.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

DHS Says Prep for SIX Months!!!  Empty Grid Down . . . ..

Post by rick1 Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:43 am

I came across this article a couple months ago, forgot I copied it to post here on EHP. I know DHS has already said to prepare for at least 6 months without electricity:

https://www.realworldsurvivor.com/2018/12/14/six-months-without-electricity/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down